THE EFL HEARING THREAD

I would like to think that when they had a committeee of all these bigwigs who are millionaire owners of clubs, they would have had a meeting to agree the rules and as they were chatting round a table, one , just one would have had the wit to say... ' You know what I would do if I wanted to cheat this system? I'd flog the ground, to a company I own, for a small fortune and buy my way to the Premiership.". 

If all these smart accountants and lawyers can do it and the EFL board are too clueless to do it, you would think they would employ the lawyers and accountants to draw up the rules. Not some lawyer who's a mate of someone on the EFL board either. Some poo hot lawyers or accountant who is an expert on football law and accountancy and is known to be as dodgy as hell. The type who can wriggle his way round rules so who knows all the tricks. He's the one who should know how to write iron clad rules. Knowing the EFL, like I don't but give me a bit of leeway here, they probably asked Vera the Tea lady to draw up the rules after she'd dusted the trophy cabinet and before she put the hoover on.

Any rules that aren't watertight are begging to be circumvented. We weren't the only ones who did it. I'm not saying it is right or wrong but if you screw up writing the rules you accept it with good grace, change the rules to stop it happening in future and move on. You don't try to bring down clubs who did what the rules allowed and were perfectly within their rights to do so.

17 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

As are all the assets he has to go with it.

True. I'm not advocating DC should walk away, someone else did that. I'm just answering the question about what would happen

Except the ground which isn't owned by Sheffield Wednesday. That's another story that's already been done to death.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, prowl said:

True. I'm not advocating DC should walk away, someone else did that. I'm just answering the question about what would happen

Except the ground which isn't owned by Sheffield Wednesday. That's another story that's already been done to death.

Seriously, if he put us in admin, what would he lose ? What’s the value of the club without the ground? Arguably you can forget the millions he’s pumped in - that’s gone, his fees paid for FF, Rhodes et al he’ll never get back. 

So what would he lose?

DC will not walk away. He is Thai and very proud. He has been accused of misconduct charges which was dropped. IF we win this case he will be looking to make counter claim, as he previously threatened. He has been accused of being a cheat and a fraud, he won't let that go, that I am sure. So it's all about the evidence he has, sadly we don't know what it is but no doubt the panel do, remember there was changes at the top of EFL, after the Bury fiasco. Perhaps they no longer work for EFL anymore, probably now gone into hiding 😀

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Don’t quite get the ‘Thais are a proud people’ comments. Can’t generalise to such an extent... there’s also the old adage that pride comes before a fall.

They don't like their name being dishonoured , they will fight that and DC is no exception.Whether he wins depends on the evidence. He won't go without a fight, I m sure. He has run the club shockingly, but is he dishonest is another matter of which we will soon find out.

Had a couple of messages from Blunt fans basically saying outcome will be tomorrow and it will be enough to relegate us as they have been waiting to make sure....

Here is my response to that

Well its not gonna happen is it because that's rigging the result of a league competition

so anyone who thinks there waiting to give us a penalty that will condemn us to relegation is a idiot.

Does the same apply to Derby are they gonna get a 23 point deduction so they get relegated too? 

People need to have common sense.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lump On said:

Had a couple of messages from Blunt fans basically saying outcome will be tomorrow and it will be enough to relegate us as they have been waiting to make sure....

Well its not gonna happen is it because that's rigging the result of a league competition

so anyone who thinks there waiting to give us a penalty that will condemn us to relegation is a idiot.

Does the same apply to Derby are they gonna get a 23 point deduction so they get relegated too? 

So you're talking to Blunt fans & expecting common sense.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Lump On said:

Blades are c00nts.

Apparently a group on them booked out that Northern Monkey yesterday to lord it up over social media that they were in a Wednesday boozer.

• Haha 2

Just now, mogbad said:

So you're talking to Blunt fans & expecting common sense.

:duntmatter:

Well no but our fans are taking this turd seriously. we could get a 12 point deduction we could get a 5 million pound fine and no deduction. our league position means nothing.

People say they gave Birmingham that points deduction last year to stop them getting playoffs but not enough to relegate them and its absolute balls.

The panel thought there offence warranted it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lump On said:

Well no but our fans are taking this turd seriously. we could get a 12 point deduction we could get a 5 million pound fine and no deduction. our league position means nothing.

People say they gave Birmingham that points deduction last year to stop them getting playoffs but not enough to relegate them and its absolute balls.

The panel thought there offence warranted it.

Agree, we were initially charged with misconduct, not breaking the P&S limit. If the case against us is proven the sanctions are not limited to purely points deductions & are wide reaching. It can be fines, automatic relegation & in the worst case scenario expulsion from the league.

3 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

From his £60m "investment"?!?!

Would you do that if you had just burnt £60m in SWFC?

If I was a multi millionaire and I assessed the situation and it was gonna cost another £120m to get anywhere near the top of the championship and we can’t even spend anyway.  I’d probably cut my losses, sell for what I could get. 

You’d think he’d had a strategy wouldn’t you. 

I think the shame of failure is keeping him here 

4 minutes ago, Rogers said:

If I was a multi millionaire and I assessed the situation and it was gonna cost another £120m to get anywhere near the top of the championship and we can’t even spend anyway.  I’d probably cut my losses, sell for what I could get. 

He said ages back he’s resigned to never getting his money back. 

Like you say all he can do now is cut his losses. He’s definitely not hanging about on the off chance we fluke promotion and he gets his money back. 

10 minutes ago, Rogers said:

You would expect a multi millionaire business man to have one yes, but if he's got one he's keeping it well hidden.

There must come a point where he can't continue to keep bank rolling us & as you say he'll have to cut his losses & sell for whatever he will get.

• Like 1

Just now, mogbad said:

You would expect a multi millionaire business man to have one yes, but if he's got one he's keeping it well hidden.

There must come a point where he can't continue to keep bank rolling us & as you say he'll have to cut his losses & sell for whatever he will get.

And therein lies the problem: he won’t make anything like a profit until we reach the PL.

Which isn’t happening.

i’m hardly Wall Street Journal, but there’s little money in middling championship clubs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lump On said:

Anything that the piggies mention to me, I've heard this I've heard that...I always ask do you know the terms of the mortgage that's just been taken out on all your assets?

the general response is what?

what mortgage?

its weird they all know the financial situation of our club and have heard what the outcomes are....but have no understanding of their own clubs finances

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, prowl said:

If he walks away the club asks for a voluntary liquidation. The players leave as do the staff and Sheffield Wednesday in effect are no more.

AFC Wednesday , Formed 2020 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Yeah he does. One of them is a real estate company partially own by Kraisorn Chansiri, his father. He also owns a construction and building design company.

Who actually runs them though and are they successful?

5 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Don't start stating facts the posters with the agendas won't accept it

The only agenda I have is seeing someone who knows what they are actually doing in charge of the football club. Chansiri clearly is way out of his depth and shows no inclination whatsoever to change his ways or methods simply because he feels he would lose face over it.

He still has the option of owning the club and putting proper knowledgable football people in charge (and everyone on here would be happy) but let's face it based on his track record (which is all we have to go on) does anyone see that happening? Sadly I don't and if it doesn't we will be totally unworkable in a very short time.

• Like 2