THE EFL HEARING THREAD

31 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

how about this, they wanna take action to save face, they see it as 'have to'.

IF dc has what he says he has (and there's no reason to believe he hasn't or more than likely we'd have been busted by now).

the threat of legal action to recover losses, and damages is balancing the need to 'discipline' us.

they are waiting to see how many points we are clear before deducting us insufficient points to relegate us.

can't see anything carrying over next term other than a 'suspended' sentence.

we are (somewhat) satisfied, they 'take action' and save face, dingles swop places with toytown again.

That’s what I’m starting to think (hope?) too.

It’ll unlikely be just a suspended sentence, or points off next season, as they know their face legal action from the Dingles on that.

They need to find some sort of solution that doesn’t involve further legal battles that might prevent the start of The Championship in September.

Just now, PeakOwl said:

It’ll unlikely be just a suspended sentence, or points off next season, as they know their face legal action from the Dingles on that.

They need to find some sort of solution that doesn’t involve further legal battles that might prevent the start of The Championship in September.

AND mustn't relegate US.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think we will hear something today. Personally, I think the decision was 2 weeks ago and the independent panel decided on no points. EFL have appealed that decision and it will all come out of the wash today.

If we do get docked a nominal number of points which won’t relegate us, I will smell a rat on this one. 

the clubs at the bottom will be up in arms, the dings hiring out their sisters and mom to their other brothers to raise money for a legal challenge.  

it will be a waste of time, but nevertheless very entertaining.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

The Athletic saying there are concerns it won’t be sorted before next season is due to start.

This is my very gripe with the issue itself. 

Anyone that thought this siuation was acceptable or normal for a well run club or that it'll be fine and we will win the case (of course maybe we will) and stick it to the EFL is mistaken. Anyone that supports the club even getting us into this situation clearly hasn't factored in the reality that it infects your club for season upon season. It doesn't get resolved overnight. If it does run into next season then we have a whole 12 months more of hands tied behind our backs, uncertainty, decline, inability to plan. The knock on of which will then affect us in two seasons time. I am of the opinion  that having run ins like this with the EFL can cost 5 seasons of disruption minimum. Years where you can't plan properly and can't attract the people we need at all levels of the club.

To think it's just 1 court case and a few months is naive. In reality our disregard for FFP has already choked up since 2017 and is going to affect the next few years too. 

Edited by TheEnchanter
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

The Athletic saying there are concerns it won’t be sorted before next season is due to start.

Hopefully we'll do an Aston Villa and be in Premier League before they make a decision. :Chansiri:

• Haha 3

Guest Grandad
26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

LOVE or HATE Chansiri - this post is 100% bang on the money

Agreed

His record is bad enough without making up stuff

31 minutes ago, Miffed said:

It was our own supporters who paid for and arranged for the flags to be put in the stands.

Chansiri removed them after being accused of being egotistical and even a "dictator"

As for his name in the stands, not really sure why people have such a big issue with this. Maybe the amout of money that has been put into the club for sponsorship has to be equated to.(ie cant put in a large amount of money and then justify it by only having on page 32 of the programme)  Not sure how this is any different to "Etihad" sponsoring their own stadium... and probably easier than potentially sponsoring the whole stadium and getting accused of being a dictator

image.png.8c0be18f68668e553fa0c0ec9efddce8.png

Ive said this all along, do you think Man united fans or Liverpool fans get upset when they had Umbro, Nike, Adidas, new balance, Vodafone or standard charter plastered all over their seats 

Or is it more a case of they wouldn't mind if it was another name other the Chansiri 

If hull stay up and Wednesday go down in their place, due to a points deduction, the EFL suck.

Where the owners (hull) are systematically stripping the club, which is fine by the efl.

Reward failure and punish ambition.....

Martin Samuel, sports writer.

49 minutes ago, PeakOwl said:

Do people really believe that if we've found to have broken the rules, we'll be in a position to sue the EFL and that our powers are such that we will delay the start of the footballing season?

11 hours ago, Brad_owl said:

Maybe it has already been decided and Monk wants to keep it out of the news until the season is done to ensure the players put in their all. Maybe there is no points deduction. 

Haha maybe. It's working absolute wonders at the moment. Never known the results on the pitch to be so good.