THE EFL HEARING THREAD

I'm surprised Monk hasn't made comments like "We could have done with 3 points against Huddersfield"  or "We need 6 points from the last 2 matches in case we get a points deduction". Maybe he's trying to keep the pressure off the players but it seems strange that outwardly he seems less worried about the hearing outcome than we do on here.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

I'm surprised Monk hasn't made comments like "We could have done with 3 points against Huddersfield"  or "We need 6 points from the last 2 matches in case we get a points deduction". Maybe he's trying to keep the pressure off the players but it seems strange that outwardly he seems less worried about the hearing outcome than we do on here.

completely agree with this. He seems very calm. I hope he does know something because if he doesn’t that performance against Huddersfield would be very disappointing when we could possibly need maximum points. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

just seems crazy that relegation might not be sorted in the championship until the season is over. How can teams plan transfers etc when they don’t know what league they will be in. Madness. 

Surely now any adverse decision will be applied next season. This season is over this time next week.

No one knows what will happen but what I do know is this independent panel are taking the ********. 

All this time to reach a verdict - they even had the break for coronavirus where surely they could have still gone through the process. 

I do think if you offered me minus 12 at the start of next season now I'd take that. However that may change in a couple of games time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Automatic relegation isn’t a punishment they would hand out I don’t think 

I have said I don't think they want to relegate us but equally we are not helping ourselves. We should have beaten Huddersfield and got something from Swansea but we need to get that gap to the bottom 3 over 12 points and I think we should be ok for this season.

When the next accounts are filed who knows

8 minutes ago, Modfather100 said:

No one knows what will happen but what I do know is this independent panel are taking the ********. 

All this time to reach a verdict - they even had the break for coronavirus where surely they could have still gone through the process. 

I do think if you offered me minus 12 at the start of next season now I'd take that. However that may change in a couple of games time.

I'm starting to wonder if there's been a verdict and there's now an appeal but the whole thing is being kept quiet until the appeal has been heard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'm starting to wonder if there's been a verdict and there's now an appeal but the whole thing is being kept quiet until the appeal has been heard.

Thought that too,  suspect someone would have leaked that by now though

17 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Didn’t like your wisdom in hindsight to be honest.

As for “Doing things the Wednesday way”.

That’s just shorthand for flatlining mediocrity, run by no mark, low ambition, self publicising chancers who used the club as nothing more than a stepping stone for their own personal ambitions. 

You are totally contradictory in your dismissal of Chansiri, who is possibly the ONLY owner / Chairman in the modern era who has had the wherewithal & ambition to realise your minimum demand of a Prem top 10 finish.

Doing it the “Wednesday way” would only ensure more mediocrity.

Absolute baloney. We are a big enough club to get success via a benefactor or through a well maintained and cleverly run club while:

Not changing from our traditional stripes.

Not having the owner put his name on the shirts.

Not having the owner have his name put in the stands.

Not being sponsored by embarrassing fake companies set up by the owner.

Not having an owner who has his own image hung in the corner of the ground.

Not changing what was a really iconic and synonymous club badge.

Not having an owner who consults his teenage son on certain matters.

Not having an owner who raises on the day prices to levels that price out non season ticket holders.

Not having an owner who comes up with crazy season ticket deals that try to solve shortvterm cash flow issues but has no long term value for the club or fans.

All this and where are we now compared to when he bought us?

He's been an absolute disaster for this football club and is the totsl antithesis of someone we need at the top to reach our true potential. The fact some of us are still blowing smoke up his bum bum is frankly beyond me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Modfather100 said:

Absolute baloney. We are a big enough club to get success via a benefactor or through a well maintained and cleverly run club while:

Not changing from our traditional stripes.

Not having the owner put his name on the shirts.

Not having the owner have his name put in the stands.

Not being sponsored by embarrassing fake companies set up by the owner.

Not having an owner who has his own image hung in the corner of the ground.

Not changing what was a really iconic and synonymous club badge.

Not having an owner who consults his teenage son on certain matters.

Not having an owner who raises on the day prices to levels that price out non season ticket holders.

Not having an owner who comes up with crazy season ticket deals that try to solve shortvterm cash flow issues but has no long term value for the club or fans.

All this and where are we now compared to when he bought us?

He's been an absolute disaster for this football club and is the totsl antithesis of someone we need at the top to reach our true potential. The fact some of us are still blowing smoke up his bum bum is frankly beyond me.

yeah, but apart from that...

• Haha 4