THE EFL HEARING THREAD

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Derby are apparently going to be looking for an experienced keeper

Think they may be looking for a lawyer as well.

The guy that lent them the money to buy Pride Park has been arrested...tax reasons in Germany.

Think he has something to do with Rams investment company as well.

Doubt very much it's anything to do with the sale though..£80m seems a fair price for a shitthole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Think they may be looking for a lawyer as well.

The guy that lent them the money to buy Pride Park has been arrested...tax reasons in Germany.

Think he has something to do with Rams investment company as well.

Doubt very much it's anything to do with the sale though..£80m seems a fair price for a shitthole.

sheep.gif

30 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

My girlfriends dad is a leeds fan.

When I said congratulations to him the other day I almost threw up.

My nephew is brought up in Wetherby is a a Leeds fan 

and what's worse is his Dad is a blade....on the positive  side my niece has been to a few derby matches and yet to see us lose against the blades. She's an Owl through and through.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest hirstysfags

All my mum's side of the family are from leeds. Luckily my dad persuaded her to move to Sheffield before I was born.

37 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

As Derby case is not going to be over until season is over , I would expect we wont hear either until then.

just seems crazy that relegation might not be sorted in the championship until the season is over. How can teams plan transfers etc when they don’t know what league they will be in. Madness. 

• Like 1

Hugely leaning towards the EFL not wanting any outcome to end in relegation now,  I think they will take the court case from Barnsley on the chin here now 

Any massive deduction would’ve happened by now,  I think if we’re still 11 clear by end of weekend we get a 5-6 point deduction and a fine 

What is the rule here. Are they allowed to relegate us after the season has ended. Surely, if the verdict is not known at the final whistle of the final game the table stands as it is the bottom three go down and we potentially start on minus points next season.

Sorry if this has already been covered but you understand I'm not trawling through that lot.

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Hugely leaning towards the EFL not wanting any outcome to end in relegation now,  I think they will take the court case from Barnsley on the chin here now 

Any massive deduction would’ve happened by now,  I think if we’re still 11 clear by end of weekend we get a 5-6 point deduction and a fine 

Fingers crossed.

And then we can celebrate as much as the Leeds fans. 😉

They’ve created themselves a problem leaving it this late. 

If they relegate us and it causes us problems like DC having enough, they’d basically have blood on their hands for how they’ve handled it. Do they want that? Surely not in the current climate when enough clubs are going to be pushed to their limits to survive 

26 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Possibly applied next season which wouldn't be too bad, 2 games in and we will have caught  Rotherham and Wycombe. lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Possibly applied next season which wouldn't be too bad, 2 games in and we will have caught  Rotherham and Wycombe. lol

Don’t see that either really, wouldn’t have brought hearing forward if that could have happened 

Maybe a fine and another embargo or have to follow an agreed business plan, might be why looking to do early business ,  just thoughts off top of head nothing ITK before people start getting angry mad 

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Don’t see that either really, wouldn’t have brought hearing forward if that could have happened 

Maybe a fine and another embargo or have to follow an agreed business plan, might be why looking to do early business ,  just thoughts off top of head nothing ITK before people start getting angry mad 

another embargo would be very bad for us, big summer rebuild needed. From what’s been said it already seems like we have started putting out feelers for this. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

another embargo would be very bad for us, big summer rebuild needed. From what’s been said it already seems like we have started putting out feelers for this. 

Just a guess pal,  really think EFL will look at any option other than a deduction that would result in relegation 

too many ramifications behind it at this stage of the season 

51 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

They’ve created themselves a problem leaving it this late. 

If they relegate us and it causes us problems like DC having enough, they’d basically have blood on their hands for how they’ve handled it. Do they want that? Surely not in the current climate when enough clubs are going to be pushed to their limits to survive 

Common sense would say not but this is the EFL we are dealing with.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Modfather100 said:

I didn't realise if I didnt post an opinion on owlstalk then it wasn't ratified? Only signed uontoday as I have moved out of Sheffield and feel this is a good waybto interact with fellow owls.

Of course I support the club. I support Wednesday, the Wednesday that should have won the league under Francis, the Wednesday that used to get me on the edge of my seat with the likes of Waddle, Sheri, Carbone, Di Canio. Remeber being genuinely one if the best teams in the country and playing the likes of Fergie's Man Utd off the park.

Even in some of our darker days, I remember some great times under Sturrock, the play off win, Owusu and Muqi making the pigs cry, best of that era was going to Blackpool on a Tuesday in the paint pot and basically taking over the place. And obviously the mind the gap season.

All the way through we were Wednesday, our Wednesday. Yes we may have been a cluster eff at the time but hey we did things properly, the Wednesday way.

Given all Chansiri has done, I didn't and never liked how he went about things. I like how he tried to understand and reach out to the fans but soke of the egotistical bullshit he has pulled left a sour taste while we were succesful now its awful.

In the same way Salzberg sold their soul to redbull, cardiff changed their shirts to red (at least he didn't go that far) what Chinsiri has done isn't to those levels but some if it has been in that ballpark and I have not enjoyed it.

Sorry if you don't agree with that opinion but I know there are many fellow owls who do and given where we are as a club I'm surprised it isnt a lot more.

I just hope if we lose this case he takes that step back or gets out of our club. Sorry if you don't agree but ultimately we all want the same end result. WAWAW.

Didn’t like your wisdom in hindsight to be honest.

As for “Doing things the Wednesday way”.

That’s just shorthand for flatlining mediocrity, run by no mark, low ambition, self publicising chancers who used the club as nothing more than a stepping stone for their own personal ambitions. 

You are totally contradictory in your dismissal of Chansiri, who is possibly the ONLY owner / Chairman in the modern era who has had the wherewithal & ambition to realise your minimum demand of a Prem top 10 finish.

Doing it the “Wednesday way” would only ensure more mediocrity.

• Like 1