THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Does anyone think that our finances for last year could be a factor (don't we have to submit monthly management accounts, so they know where we are?) . If they know we will breach FFP due to the latest accounts they could give us a suspended penalty now knowing that they will hit us big time in a few months?

Guest Grandad
Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Oh, bugger you was giving me hope for a bit.   

Yeah soz.

I just don't see how we can value Hillsborough at £60m just 2 years after DC bought the club (including Hillsborough) for £35m, then backdate it in the accounts to a time before the company that bought it was formed, with no transfer at the Land Registry until 2 years after the sale - without it looking dodgy

Regardless of whether weve got an email from someone at the EFL saying "Yeah - go for it"

I'd say its AT LEAST what Birmingham got with some extra thrown in for good measure. Applied this season.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Yeah soz.

I just don't see how we can value Hillsborough at £60m just 2 years after DC bought the club (including Hillsborough) for £35m, then backdate it in the accounts to a time before the company that bought it was formed, with no transfer at the Land Registry until 2 years after the sale - without it looking dodgy

Regardless of whether weve got an email from someone at the EFL saying "Yeah - go for it"

I'd say its AT LEAST what Birmingham got with some extra thrown in for good measure. Applied this season.

Well I hope you are wrong, but sadly I don't think you will be too far from the mark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

So he'd accept the punishment handed down for being guilty as charged, if it meant we stayed up but challenge it legally if it meant we were relegated?

Reminds me of Steve Coogan in "The Trip" .... "I don't mind being accused of being a pedophile, as long as I'm wrongly accused of being a pedophile."

I believe it’s called pragmatism. 

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Fans allowed back in stadiums from October. 

unless a vacine is available late autumn I cannot see this happening  the slow down in cases has stopped and is rising again if there's a 2nd spike I dont know where football goes or prob a continuation of this arrangement  

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

unless a vacine is available late autumn I cannot see this happening  the slow down in cases has stopped and is rising again if there's a 2nd spike I dont know where football goes or prob a continuation of this arrangement  

Already got partial crowds elsewhere in Europe. We'll at least have 25-50% crowds.