THE EFL HEARING THREAD

4 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

All this about FFP being totally unfair totally ignore how Chansiri has totally neglected the business and income of SWFC for years. Zero efforts made with corporate businesses, zero effect made with sponsorships, zero effect put into simple and effective revenue streams and nigh on zero effort to sell players or balance in the books. These things in many ways negate the impact and so called unfairness of FFP but our owner has made no efforts in then whatsoever

Indeed - I created a thread earlier suggesting it might be time for us to ask Mr Chansiri to leave but the thread was deleted?

9 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

They got promotion and now the guarantee of failure payments...   some punishment 

It’s funny isn’t it, how these FFP rules become obsolete when you reach the PL and they can’t enforce them ,  can’t for live of me think why chairmen in the championship may see why it’s worth the risk 

Totally agree, but that is a different to us, we didn't get to the Premier League.

We need to change the rules, it's up to the Clubs in this League to do it, the EFL only implement the rules we all agreed on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

That post must have been worded badly , am very much the same train of thought as yourself 

The ones wanting DC in a noose can’t explain why he’s innocent of misconduct but should still have book thrown at him for FFP

Don't think anything needs explaining, Chansiri has caused his own hanging with his complete bizarre and quite frankly amateurish approach with the clubs finances and running a business

Said it before, the fact it even got to the stage of having to sell the Stadium to work around FFP just highlights the mess he has caused after arriving at a club with a clean slate to work with.

Throw into the mix...transfer embargoes, fake companies to deal with sponsorship, using Doyen and despite the obvious they were bloodsucking money from the club and even himself, Chansiri still to this day continues to back them and keep them around. Spaffing money around like a child in a sweetshop with no regards to finances or the FFP.

Then you have the commercial side of it, cheaply made shirts that are priced as if you were shopping in Harrods, ticket prices which are just eye watering and making it extremely difficult for the average working man to take himself and his family to watch a team of players, on ridiculously high salaries what Chansiri has rewarded them with. The directors boxes are collecting dust and the local business's who we could build relationships with are going elsewhere. 

That's just some of the things that has happened in Chansiri's tenure, so please excuse if I don't feel very comfortable knowing our Clubs future is in his hands.

But hey atleast we can look back and say we got a big new shiney scoreboard and a giant cake out of it.....

• Like 6
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Totally agree, but that is a different to us, we didn't get to the Premier League.

We need to change the rules, it's up to the Clubs in this League to do it, the EFL only implement the rules we all agreed on.

And the smaller clubs won’t vote for a higher spending limit, for obvs reasons

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

All this about FFP being totally unfair totally ignore how Chansiri has totally neglected the business and income of SWFC for years. Zero efforts made with corporate businesses, zero effect made with sponsorships, zero effect put into simple and effective revenue streams and nigh on zero effort to sell players or balance in the books. These things in many ways negate the impact and so called unfairness of FFP but our owner has made no efforts in then whatsoever

On that note, the only thing he seems to think brings in money is charging fans extortionate match day prices. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

All of those things make very little difference when set against players’ wages.

A bit but not much.

He’s not being punished for running the club badly which in your opinion he has.

He’s being accused of spending too much money.

It largely goes hand in hand.

but I have opinion on both aspects; I think his running of the club is utterly disgraceful and I think we should be punished for breaches of EFL rules

8 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

No way am I defending his handling of the club, but isn’t the reason he has “neglected” sponsorship, the fact that he was willing to pay more for sponsorship through his stealth companies, than we could get in the market place?

Last point I’ll make is that this alleged fiddle is/was to allow him to spend more money on players and their wages and to achieve the ultimate goal.

It was to offset our recent near misses/failures and to try and go again.

I don’t hate him.  I actually feel a bit sorry for him.  He was sold a very expensive and risky pup.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Indeed - I created a thread earlier suggesting it might be time for us to ask Mr Chansiri to leave but the thread was deleted?

Respect others opinions, but in my humble opinion asking an owner who is funding the club and (mistakes acknowledged) who in some peoples opinion is guilty of  spending too much of his money on us, to leave, is moronic.

I accept he's not perfect, far from it, but just have a look at Wigan, Charlton, Hull, Sunderland, Bolton, Macclesfield, Bury etc. The grass is not always greener, plenty of opportunists and asset strippers around, like the aerial guy (Sheard) or Mammadov who were sniffing around before DC. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, striker said:

Why is everyone so sure we'll be found to have breached the regulations and deducted points?

The EFL set out the charge as follows; The charges are in respect of a number of allegations regarding the process of how and when the stadium was sold and the inclusion of the profits in the 2017/18 accounts.

The transaction was lawful, not uncommon to structure property transactions in this way. Furthermore the EFL accept delayed payments for other transactions, i.e player purchases. Therefore reasonable to rely on the information provided by EFL giving permission for the transaction and account for income and expenditure accordingly.

The onus is on EFL to prove we've not adhered to P&S rules, unlikely unless they successfully argue that the stadium sale be ignored,  on what grounds? Or, that we've deliberately mislead in our accounts, also unlikely given the other charges were dropped, without merit. 

The longer it goes, the less likely EFL to prove their case, or at least have significant mitigation in our favour. 

It is strange that a verdict has not been announced, maybe there is a material link to the ongoing Derby case, which may otherwise prejudice that hearing?

Totally agree with you mate but it won’t stop some on here from predicting Armageddon? 🙄

• Like 3

Why is everyone so sure we'll be found to have breached the regulations and deducted points?

The EFL set out the charge as follows; The charges are in respect of a number of allegations regarding the process of how and when the stadium was sold and the inclusion of the profits in the 2017/18 accounts.

The transaction was lawful, not uncommon to structure property transactions in this way. Furthermore the EFL accept delayed payments for other transactions, i.e player purchases. Therefore reasonable to rely on the information provided by EFL giving permission for the transaction and account for income and expenditure accordingly.

The onus is on EFL to prove we've not adhered to P&S rules, unlikely unless they successfully argue that the stadium sale be ignored,  on what grounds? Or, that we've deliberately mislead in our accounts, also unlikely given the other charges were dropped, without merit. 

The longer it goes, the less likely EFL to prove their case, or at least have significant mitigation in our favour. 

It is strange that a verdict has not been announced, maybe there is a material link to the ongoing Derby case, which may otherwise prejudice that hearing?

The feeling is growing that the decision has been given and found against us and that DC is now going through the appeal process.  

Reason for this feeling is the time taken to announce the outcome. 

I don't understand how our case can impact on the Derby one, I thought the bedrock of our legal process was case law which is used all the time. I know this isn't a legal case but doesn't the same principle apply?

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I don't understand how our case can impact on the Derby one, I thought the bedrock of our legal process was case law which is used all the time. I know this isn't a legal case but doesn't the same principle apply?

Neither do I, just speculating why nothing has been announced.

If it was a legal case in court, suspect this would have been done by lunchtime on day one and Nick De Marco back home tucking into a cherry pie, following a job well done. 

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The feeling is growing that the decision has been given and found against us and that DC is now going through the appeal process.  

IIRC in previous cases, they are happy to announce that they have won and that an appeal has been lodged? They even win cases and then appeal the penalty eg. Macclesfield

I don't recall any cases of them not publicising the result irrespective of what happened next

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Even if that was true, EFL would have still announced the decision. A club challenging the decision would not stop EFL releasing a statement on the outcome.

• Like 1