THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

It’s a good point, I wonder if anyone does know. 

it’s crazy. Imagine if we lose the case, point deduction which sends us down. We appeal and win the appeal. Will they reinstate us, relegate someone else in our place? So so messy all of this. I can’t see either side winning an appeal because of how messy it would make it all. 

17 minutes ago, S40owl said:

When our punishment has been delivered and we went down the appeal route , I think it would run into next season .

Which must be their fear, can we go to CAS?

I suppose the question is do you appeal the decision, which will drag on, if you can....or the penalty which would be quicker?

2 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Which must be their fear, can we go to CAS?

I suppose the question is do you appeal the decision, which will drag on, if you can....or the penalty which would be quicker?

I DO know (cos I read the EFL website) that any appeal is heard by an appeal board which is made up the same way as the initial inquiry board, I.e. 3 independent people one of whom we put forward. 

10 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’m convinced a points deduction of some sort is coming.

If indeed the verdict is delivered this week, with Fulham on Saturday we REALLY need to pick up 3 points tonight.

With Wigan due to be deducted 12 points, we are currently 11 points above the bottom 3, of by the time of the announcement we were 14 points above the bottom 3 that would be huge!!

This is my thinking the most it could be I think is 12 points, Birmingham got 9 then 3 points for signing a player when under embargo. We have potentially broke the P&S rules if the sale is not allowed but we could argue that the EFL initially agreed. That why for me if we can eck out a 15 point gap between us and third bottom I think we are then safe. 

Barnsley - Leeds (a), forest (h), Brentford (a)

Luton - QPR (h), Hull (a) Blackburn (h)

Hull - Wigan (a), Luton (h), Cardiff(a) 

Charlton - Birmingham (a), Wigan (h), Leeds (a) 

Middlesboro - Reading (a), Cardiff (h), Sheff Wed (a)

Sheff Wed - Huddersfield (h), Fulham (a), MiddlesBoro (h)

Looking at Barnsley final 3 you can see why they are kicking up a fuss.

• Like 1

Just now, Essix Blue said:

I DO know (cos I read the EFL website) that any appeal is heard by an appeal board which is made up the same way as the initial inquiry board, I.e. 3 independent people one of whom we put forward. 

But can it still be taken higher (like a proper court decision) appeal?

Not suggesting that we do, but suspect DC may

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

This is my thinking the most it could be I think is 12 points, Birmingham got 9 then 3 points for signing a player when under embargo. We have potentially broke the P&S rules if the sale is not allowed but we could argue that the EFL initially agreed. That why for me if we can eck out a 15 point gap between us and third bottom I think we are then safe. 

Barnsley - Leeds (a), forest (h), Brentford (a)

Luton - QPR (h), Hull (a) Blackburn (h)

Hull - Wigan (a), Luton (h), Cardiff(a) 

Charlton - Birmingham (a), Wigan (h), Leeds (a) 

Middlesboro - Reading (a), Cardiff (h), Sheff Wed (a)

Sheff Wed - Huddersfield (h), Fulham (a), MiddlesBoro (h)

Looking at Barnsley final 3 you can see why they are kicking up a fuss.

Fulham could be out of the race for automatic promotion tonight. If that happens, they’ll field a weaker team against us 

what happens will happen  ,hopefully it will go our way since they are taking so long and having to climbdown over the Citeh fiasco ,who knows the outcome  but I deduce a spanner may have been thrown in the engine so to speak (or this might be a load of Bowlax )lol 

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

But can it still be taken higher (like a proper court decision) appeal?

Not suggesting that we do, but suspect DC may

Dunno. Thing is with CAS (I think) is you can’t just take your case to them. You can apply, but it’s up to them if they agree there’s grounds for appeal. 

Again. I’m guessing on that 

I'm firmly in the belief that if they are going to deduct points, get it done this season. Regardless of what happens, kinda got to take our medicine on this one. 

If we go into another season with yet more points deducted, that's just effectively writing off yet another season, ie its pretty much a waste of time starting it. As it will end up in relegation anyway. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I'm firmly in the belief that if they are going to deduct points, get it done this season. Regardless of what happens, kinda got to take our medicine on this one. 

If we go into another season with yet more points deducted, that's just effectively writing off yet another season, ie its pretty much a waste of time starting it. As it will end up in relegation anyway. 

As has been alluded to by some, if we take a points deduction now and further deduction suspended, IF we break P&S rules again when our 18/19 accounts are announced shortly, the suspended points deduction would kick in next season anyway. 

BUT. If the original deduction comes off next season, then we break PnS again I guess the suspended points would come off at the same time?

Just now, bazapeps said:

Where’s tHis idea come from that the most it could be is 12 points? I though that there were potential aggravating factors which could increase the deduction to circa 24 points?

There are. 

iirc our punishment for the breach is 9 or 12 and I doubt any of that would be suspended. The aggravating bit can be up to an additional 12 which, I believe, all or some of it could be suspended pending a further breach 

6 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I agree, would kill all hope before we even start. 

Guest Mcguigan
17 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

My mistake. Begs the question why bother with the stadium sale which it would appear only delays the inevitable??

Because without it, the rolling three accounting period would have crippled us for years. Look at it this way, without it.

16/17 £20.6m loss

17/18 £37m loss

18/19 £30m loss (est)

Total losses £87.6m against an allowance of £39m. They'd have thrown the book at us and more, we'd be starting this season and next in Div 2.

17/18 £37m loss

18/19 £30m loss (est)

19/20 £20m loss (est)

Total losses £87m again. Not just breaking the P&S limits, blowing them out of the water again...another punishment.

18/19 £30m loss (est)

19/20 £20m loss (est)

20/21 £15m loss (est)

£65m losses. Still breaking the limits by £m's

We, as a club and fan base, are going to have to accept that extremely tough times are ahead and a substantial reduction in the transfer and wage budget will have to be adhered to, if we are to ever recover from the past few years of massively overspending.

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

What a load of manure if thats the case, how can punishments depend on league positions, there is either a rule in place with penalties or there isnt, any decision should be released straight upon outcome of decision. Pointless

I'd take that Billy.

To receive no points i mean, not to be left pointless.