THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Sorry mate but you’re literally beyond deluded

Deluded if you think there’s any ‘fair’ aspect whatsoever in the whole sorry mess 

Explain to me how Aston Villa we’re operating when they got promoted to the PL last , and when exactly will the EFL deal with them ? Funny isn’t it ... when a big club like Villa reach the PL and suddenly all the FFP rules can’t be enforced by the PL 

Not fit for purpose 

My opinion is that DC is ultimately accountable, but owner of SWFC  is not his only job, he has advisors, accountants and general managers - who have all persuaded him that this is a workable strategy-

lets hope it doesn’t blow up when we get the verdict this week

Edited by JC_owl66

22 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

That’s for 2019/2020 season. Our accounts are due for the 2018/19 

It's for the 20/21 season. Next season. This season's accounts will still need to comply with FFP according to FIFA. And it's only a recommendation, the EFL have yet to confirm if they will be implementing them.

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

That post must have been worded badly , am very much the same train of thought as yourself 

The ones wanting DC in a noose can’t explain why he’s innocent of misconduct but should still have book thrown at him for FFP

Breaching the FFP rules and going into an embargo has happened to a lot of clubs including our piggy brethren across the city...for me Birmingham buying a player whilst under embargo is by far the most serious case as the were clearly putting two fingers up to the EFL. We worked with them to get our embargo lifted which they did so the infers that the whole business of the ground sale was done through them as well. People seem to want everything the club have said about working through the ground sale to be a pack of lies...why's that I wonder?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JC_owl66 said:

My opinion is that DC is ultimately accountable, but this is not his only job, he has advisors, accountants and general managers - who have all persuaded him that this is a workable strategy-B/b]

lets hope it doesn’t blow up when we get the verdict this week

Have they?

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

You can't have a level playing field until the PL stop rewarding clubs for failure in order to protect a select few clubs...much like the top few European clubs did when Chelsea and Man City started to put pressure on Bayern, Madrid and Barca. 

They are trying to make football a “closed shop” at all levels.

This could be their opportunity/chance to finally do it.

Football with no/not many fans whose income isn’t really required by the very top clubs is only appealing on TV if it’s Man U V Barcelona for example.

People always forget to factor in advertising and in particular betting incomes for example.

The game as we knew and loved it is ruined.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, billyblack said:

What a load of manure if thats the case, how can punishments depend on league positions, there is either a rule in place with penalties or there isnt, any decision should be released straight upon outcome of decision. Pointless

Hate that programme - Richard Osman is a right smug tw@ !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, daleblue said:

And so should be punished, if we don't like the consequences we should not break the rules, simple.

They got promotion and now the guarantee of failure payments...   some punishment 

It’s funny isn’t it, how these FFP rules become obsolete when you reach the PL and they can’t enforce them ,  can’t for live of me think why chairmen in the championship may see why it’s worth the risk 

Edited by Guest

Lot of sides manage to stay competitive without troubling FFP, that's the argument against our spending behaviour. We just haven't made enough money on player sales. That's the only way our books will ever meet FFP. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

They got promotion and now the guarantee of failure payments...   some punishment 

It’s funny isn’t it, how these FFP rules become obsolete when you reach the PL and they can’t enforce them ,  can’t for live of me think why chairmen in the championship may see why it’s worth the risk 

That’s clearly a fault of the system. But once / if relegated they should expect penalties.

but why does that suddenly make it right and ok for us to breach rules consistently? You speak about the unfairness of that situation but how is it fair on other championship clubs that run their clubs properly and comply with rules when we act in total disregard of them?

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Yes.

You know that as fact?

As I see it (which is fact) many of the backroom staff have left over the time DC has been in charge. Meyer didn’t last long. 

My impression is DC does wtf he wants and ignores most of the advice he’s given. I have no proof of that, just the stories I hear from people who work / did work at the club. 

But if you know different.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Have they?

His FFP Compliance Consultant is Sir Dave Richards.  He advised Leicester, got them up and they paid the fine.

Same with Bournemouth.

As a rule the clubs who spend the most money get out of this league.  

Those coming down have parachute payments and the rest, like us, play with fire under the current rules.

• Like 3

All this about FFP being totally unfair totally ignore how Chansiri has totally neglected the business and income of SWFC for years. Zero efforts made with corporate businesses, zero effect made with sponsorships, zero effect put into simple and effective revenue streams and nigh on zero effort to sell players or balance in the books. These things in many ways negate the impact and so called unfairness of FFP but our owner has made no efforts in then whatsoever

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bazapeps said:

All this about FFP being totally unfair totally ignore how Chansiri has totally neglected the business and income of SWFC for years. Zero efforts made with corporate businesses, zero effect made with sponsorships, zero effect put into simple and effective revenue streams and nigh on zero effort to sell players or balance in the books. These things in many ways negate the impact and so called unfairness of FFP but our owner has made no efforts in then whatsoever

All of those things make very little difference when set against players’ wages.

A bit but not much.

He’s not being punished for running the club badly which in your opinion he has.

He’s being accused of spending too much money.

• Like 2

Why is everyone so sure we'll be found to have breached the regulations and deducted points?

The EFL set out the charge as follows; The charges are in respect of a number of allegations regarding the process of how and when the stadium was sold and the inclusion of the profits in the 2017/18 accounts.

The transaction was lawful, not uncommon to structure property transactions in this way. Furthermore the EFL accept delayed payments for other transactions, i.e player purchases. Therefore reasonable to rely on the information provided by EFL giving permission for the transaction and account for income and expenditure accordingly.

The onus is on EFL to prove we've not adhered to P&S rules, unlikely unless they successfully argue that the stadium sale be ignored,  on what grounds? Or, that we've deliberately mislead in our accounts, also unlikely given the other charges were dropped, without merit. 

The longer it goes, the less likely EFL to prove their case, or at least have significant mitigation in our favour. 

It is strange that a verdict has not been announced, maybe there is a material link to the ongoing Derby case, which may otherwise prejudice that hearing?

• Like 1