THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, striker said:

Neither do I, just speculating why nothing has been announced.

If it was a legal case in court, suspect this would have been done by lunchtime on day one and Nick De Marco back home tucking into a cherry pie, following a job well done. 

Like Fernando's court case..... which they completely ignored and did their own thing

That is the major fear, didn't DC also threaten to take legal action if he wasn't happy with the way this was run?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The feeling is growing that the decision has been given and found against us and that DC is now going through the appeal process.  

Reason for this feeling is the time taken to announce the outcome. 

Can't that be the same for the reverse outcome though ?

13 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

There is a MASSIVE myth that we have somehow spent loads of money and wasted it.

We have in the context of OUR recent history but we haven’t in the context of our peers and fuckedup modern football.

We are midtable in the Championship.

We’ve spent loads when you compare it to the income that’s been brought into the club. Who do you class as our peers?

• Like 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Someone said/claimed that it was down to Wednesday to announce the decision. 

It's a 21 point deduction, but if we don't announce it nobody knows about it and we stay in the Championship

source.gif.aa189959fa68bf0fb0191f2acddf519b.gif

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

IIRC in previous cases, they are happy to announce that they have won and that an appeal has been lodged? They even win cases and then appeal the penalty eg. Macclesfield

I don't recall any cases of them not publicising the result irrespective of what happened next

Agree with this, decision is made and then you decide whether to appeal.no point in saying guilty and appeal was turned down in one go.

It would have leaked out somehow.

Part of me thinks DC would have been over hear if we had been found guilty. One thing he does do is front things up.

It just doesn’t seem right that we don’t know exactly what we have to do in the last few games, how many points we need. Fulham away for example, a draw would normally be a good result, however we don’t know if we need maximum points, it would alter team selection, tactics etc. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

2 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Like Fernando's court case..... which they completely ignored and did their own thing

That is the major fear, didn't DC also threaten to take legal action if he wasn't happy with the way this was run?

Think that was FA to be fair, but similar principle....

FA: allegation of Championship player saying a racist word in a pre season game. Acquitted in court due to lack of evidence. Verdict, guilty

FA: Premier league player being filmed during a game game using racist words. Verdict, not guilty.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

We’ve spent loads when you compare it to the income that’s been brought into the club. Who do you class as our peers?

Huddersfield spent more than us the year they went up.

Just as one example.

People keep citing Brentford but their stadium is prime real estate which is why they’ve sold it and moved to a new one at the side of the railway tracks.

I’ve picked those two examples and ignored both those clubs with parachute payments and other easier examples.

This is NOT about the way the Chairman has run the club but it’s about unfair rules and limits that were set in 2014.

The Championship in its present form is unsustainable for the vast majority of clubs unless you have parachute payments or strike lucky.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bazapeps said:

It really is such a tiny minority of our fan base that appreciate the current and future issues our club is going to have and  an even smaller minority that understand the level of mismanagement of chansiri

Wish I was as clever as you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

It just doesn’t seem right that we don’t know exactly what we have to do in the last few games, how many points we need. Fulham away for example, a draw would normally be a good result, however we don’t know if we need maximum points, it would alter team selection, tactics etc. 

To be honest, I dont think it makes much difference. The EFL can bully league 2 clubs with limited resources to defend themselves, but EFL dont have the balls to relegate us, incurring the almighty legal shitstorm DC would bring down on them. 

The window for applying  meaningful points deduction passed a few games ago IMO (notwithstanding the fact I do not think we are guilty)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Think that was FA to be fair, but similar principle....

FA: allegation of Championship player saying a racist word in a pre season game. Acquitted in court due to lack of evidence. Verdict, guilty

FA: Premier league player being filmed during a game game using racist words. Verdict, not guilty.

And anyone wonders why we are concerned what they might do and why it has taken so long think about this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bazapeps said:

People soon forget that this current issue and hearing was consistently pushed back by SWFC and dragging it out as much as possible, yet it’s still always the EFL Getting blamed 

I'm pleased you weren't representing us at the tribunal.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, striker said:

To be honest, I dont think it makes much difference. The EFL can bully league 2 clubs with limited resources to defend themselves, but EFL dont have the balls to relegate us, incurring the almighty legal shitstorm DC would bring down on them. 

The window for applying  meaningful points deduction passed a few games ago IMO (notwithstanding the fact I do not think we are guilty)

But even when bullying they are inconsistent

22 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

There is a MASSIVE myth that we have somehow spent loads of money and wasted it.

We have in the context of OUR recent history but we haven’t in the context of our peers and fuckedup modern football.

We are midtable in the Championship.

Isn't this perhaps the greatest indictment of the Chansiri era. Willing to breach ffp and everything that goes with it for what? To be the 8th highest salary spenders in the championship? To be fair we did well to make the playoffs twice but to gamble our future on promotion seems just unbelievable in retrospect. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CF_Owl said:

When you look at these numbers it makes me think we SHOULD be deducted points and SHOULD be punished severely, it's awful reading. The longer we avoid punishment the more we'll continue in this vein until the bubble well and truly bursts. It's not like we are achieving anything close to success while skirting FFP rules, we're just delaying the inevitable. Take the punishment we fully deserve, relegation or not and hope it wakes DC up on how to run the club properly. Rebuild over the next few years. We won't like sinking in to league 1 or worse but we'll still be there in numbers regardless. The pigs have shown (annoyingly) it is possible to go from league 1 to fighting for a European place in a matter of years. Get the club sorted off the field first and the rest will follow.

Your invite said 1930 for 2000 it's now 2345 and we only have a few Bacon scraps left, would you like a coffee with your Bacon butty ?