THE EFL HEARING THREAD

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

It might not have been Communism at fault but the way Russians did it.

I've actually got a lot of sympathy for this viewpoint—that the ideology wasn't necessarily the issue, but the way it was corrupted to totalitarianism. But let me stop there and pre-emptively "wrong section" myself :laugh:

Edited by dr. benway
Crap grammar

9 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Not sure the EFL would allow the fee of a clubs most valuable player, sold in the 18/19 season, to be included in the previous season's accounts just so they can try to comply with P&S

No, but can spread the cost of a player over several years for example,  to comply with P&S. My point was, not everything has to be accounted for in full at the point of transaction. 

58 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Lot of sides manage to stay competitive without troubling FFP, that's the argument against our spending behaviour. We just haven't made enough money on player sales. That's the only way our books will ever meet FFP. 

Way too radical for DC. All our players are family. 

53 minutes ago, striker said:

Why is everyone so sure we'll be found to have breached the regulations and deducted points?

The EFL set out the charge as follows; The charges are in respect of a number of allegations regarding the process of how and when the stadium was sold and the inclusion of the profits in the 2017/18 accounts.

The transaction was lawful, not uncommon to structure property transactions in this way. Furthermore the EFL accept delayed payments for other transactions, i.e player purchases. Therefore reasonable to rely on the information provided by EFL giving permission for the transaction and account for income and expenditure accordingly.

The onus is on EFL to prove we've not adhered to P&S rules, unlikely unless they successfully argue that the stadium sale be ignored,  on what grounds? Or, that we've deliberately mislead in our accounts, also unlikely given the other charges were dropped, without merit. 

The longer it goes, the less likely EFL to prove their case, or at least have significant mitigation in our favour. 

It is strange that a verdict has not been announced, maybe there is a material link to the ongoing Derby case, which may otherwise prejudice that hearing?

I'd say selling the stadium to a company which didn't  exist at the time of the "alleged" sale is pretty damning evidence of a breach of the rules. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

we haven’t really spent loads as Bert says, the monumental f.vck up on our part was not selling assets and continuing with this bizarre, ridiculous, stupid and illogical stock-piling of players!

Made absolutely no sense!

There was an internal “clash” between CC’s chosen ones philosophy of management and the recruitment policy which meant we stockpiled players he had no intention of playing.

His whole ethos was based on train when you want and play when you feel like it.

Again, all documented if you can be arsed to do a bit of research instead of simply making stuff up.

In his defence, it nearly worked, twice!

• Like 1

It makes sense from the EFL's point of view to wait and look at the league table after 46 games are done. 

How can they then punish us and cause as little upset (Legal action) as possible. 

So for example if we finish 15 points clear, they could give us a hefty 15 point deduction, we stay up on goal difference but probably not worth us appealing, where as Barnsley, Boro etc can't be overly upset at such a large points deduction. 

I see what they're doing!!!!

Cue announcement any minute to prove me wrong!!! 

Edited by briggowl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

I'd say selling the stadium to a company which didn't  exist at the time of the "alleged" sale is pretty damning evidence of a breach of the rules. 

Does look a bit dodgy.

• Like 1

It’s the FFP rules that have essentially made us homeless. If Chansiri was allowed to put HIS OWN MONEY in how he sees fit then things would be fine. It’s the loans the owners give to the club then want them paid back that bankrupt football clubs. That should be the loop they try to close, not punishing billionaires for spending their own money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1