THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Grandad
2 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Nick DeMarco South Stand if he wins this....

Greatest SWFC lawyer of all time. 

With a nod in the direction of @AeroSWFC - not seen round these parts for many a month

Nick De Marco

Swfc Appearances - 0
Swfc Goals - 0

Relegations saved - 1

Well done Nick De Marco

Edited by Grandad

18 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The feeling is growing that the decision has been given and found against us and that DC is now going through the appeal process.  

Reason for this feeling is the time taken to announce the outcome. 

And why because of the time that it is taking, it’s because it’s gone against us?

It could be because the EFL are going to have to turn around to Mr Gibson and say ‘Sorry Steve, you’re going to have to stay up on merit?’ Also there is a good chance that a team of joiners are on standby to widen the letterbox at EFL HQ to cope with the flood of letters expected from Barnsley should the case has gone Wednesday’s way?

6 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

That was @vulva:duntmatter:

I was told that Wednesday had the ‘right’ to announce the decision first, but for whatever reason hadn’t done. Could easily be rubbish, but just putting it out there. I think some people forget we are dealing with a very unconventional Chairman here. 

Just now, Jim said:

And why because of the time that it is taking, it’s because it’s gone against us?

It could be because the EFL are going to have to turn around to Mr Gibson and say ‘Sorry Steve, you’re going to have to stay up on merit?’ Also there is a good chance that a team of joiners are on standby to widen the letterbox at EFL HQ to cope with the flood of letters expected from Barnsley should the case has gone Wednesday’s way?

image.png.b96b1a528a67537dc35bba1ed356821b.png

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, vulva said:

I was told that Wednesday had the ‘right’ to announce the decision first, but for whatever reason hadn’t done. Could easily be rubbish, but just putting it out there. I think some people forget we are dealing with a very unconventional Chairman here. 

I totally agree with the unconventional chairman bit - but am totally baffled as I said yesterday how the 'subject' of an independent panel can announce the independent panel's decision

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
30 minutes ago, striker said:

Why is everyone so sure we'll be found to have breached the regulations and deducted points?

The EFL set out the charge as follows; The charges are in respect of a number of allegations regarding the process of how and when the stadium was sold and the inclusion of the profits in the 2017/18 accounts.

The transaction was lawful, not uncommon to structure property transactions in this way. Furthermore the EFL accept delayed payments for other transactions, i.e player purchases. Therefore reasonable to rely on the information provided by EFL giving permission for the transaction and account for income and expenditure accordingly.

The onus is on EFL to prove we've not adhered to P&S rules, unlikely unless they successfully argue that the stadium sale be ignored,  on what grounds? Or, that we've deliberately mislead in our accounts, also unlikely given the other charges were dropped, without merit. 

The longer it goes, the less likely EFL to prove their case, or at least have significant mitigation in our favour. 

It is strange that a verdict has not been announced, maybe there is a material link to the ongoing Derby case, which may otherwise prejudice that hearing?

Not sure the EFL would allow the fee of a clubs most valuable player, sold in the 18/19 season, to be included in the previous season's accounts just so they can try to comply with P&S

Whether guilty or not, it does nothing to alter the fact we are a poorly run club stumbling head on into another EFL sanction and/or years of austerity. We may indeed win the battle but the war looks lost regardless.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Interesting point.... have we won and being jolly nice chaps agreed not to announce until the EFL have nailed down their legal response to the dingles and smoggies?

I do appreciate the number of holes in that question 🤦

11 minutes ago, Grandad said:

With a nod in the direction of @AeroSWFC - not seen round these parts for many a month

Nick De Marco

Swfc Appearances - 0
Swfc Goals - 0

Relegations saved - 1

Well done Nick De Marco

A better strike rate than Nuihu then :duntmatter:

12 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Huddersfield spent more than us the year they went up.

Just as one example.

People keep citing Brentford but their stadium is prime real estate which is why they’ve sold it and moved to a new one at the side of the railway tracks.

I’ve picked those two examples and ignored both those clubs with parachute payments and other easier examples.

This is NOT about the way the Chairman has run the club but it’s about unfair rules and limits that were set in 2014.

The Championship in its present form is unsustainable for the vast majority of clubs unless you have parachute payments or strike lucky.

You sure Huddersfield spent more than us that year? I can’t remember them having any big earners in their side. Are you including the promotion bonuses they paid out in their spending?

Guest mrbluesky
9 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Your invite said 1930 for 2000 it's now 2345 and we only have a few Bacon scraps left, would you like a coffee with your Bacon butty ? 

Dear God! every bleedin time, give it a rest t`old lad, me and DC would like tea with ours, by the way. 

8 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

we haven’t really spent loads as Bert says, the monumental f.vck up on our part was not selling assets and continuing with this bizarre, ridiculous, stupid and illogical stock-piling of players!

Made absolutely no sense!

Not to mention the club policy of once a player gets into the last 12 months of his contract he is not allowed to play.

Westwood, Hutch, Winnall, Abdi, Boyd, Jones, Matias, Rhodes to name a few that have spent more time sat in the stands not playing than on the pitch playing in the last 2 seasons.

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

Interesting point.... have we won and being jolly nice chaps agreed not to announce until the EFL have nailed down their legal response to the dingles and Smoggies?

I do appreciate the number of holes in that question 🤦

Can't really see how the dingles and Smoggies can appeal or take legal actions against the EFL as its not their decision it's the independent panels

7 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I totally agree with the unconventional chairman bit - but am totally baffled as I said yesterday how the 'subject' of an independent panel can announce the independent panel's decision

Don’t disagree. Seems odd. But we are dealing with odd. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dr. benway said:

My favourite joke about life under Communism is the story of the young couple that queued for hours to get a washing machine for their new home together—when they finally reached the front the shopkeeper told them, "I'm really sorry, you're in the wrong shop. Here we don't have any fridges, it's the shop across the road that doesn't have any washing machines".

Imagine if todays Russia was the only advert for Democracy.

It might not have been Communism at fault but the way Russians did it.

Just saying.. 

Forget China etc...

Edited by Nero

Just now, room0035 said:

Not to mention the club policy of once a player gets into the last 12 months of his contract he is not allowed to play.

Westwood, Hutch, Winnall, Abdi, Boyd, Jones, Matias, Rhodes to name a few that have spent more time sat in the stands not playing than on the pitch playing in the last 2 seasons.

That's the obvious consequence of stockpiling players. 

Guest mrbluesky
8 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Some related chat about us and Derby coming up shortly on Talksport. 

We both sold our grounds?