THE EFL HEARING THREAD

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

GA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH AHAAAAAAA

HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA

27 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

We have.  But so have many, many more and more money.

If you’re going to quote me, quote my whole post you bearded, no shoes tramp!

:duntmatter:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It will be very interesting to see what happens if Villa come back down.

Absolutely nothing would be my guess 

Just now, Yellowbelly said:

If Chansiri was allowed to put HIS OWN MONEY in how he sees fit then things would be fine.

We'd be comfortable mid table with a further 30 players in the squad, all in there 30's and on 30-50k a week, 10 of whom would be permanently injured for the next 3 years of their contract and 5 would not be playing as they've fallen out with Monk. 

It would be amazing!!! haha

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

we haven’t really spent loads as Bert says, the monumental f.vck up on our part was not selling assets and continuing with this bizarre, ridiculous, stupid and illogical stock-piling of players!

Made absolutely no sense!

13 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Whether guilty or not, it does nothing to alter the fact we are a poorly run club stumbling head on into another EFL sanction and/or years of austerity. We may indeed win the battle but the war looks lost regardless.

I agree with the two statements above.

Those fans on here that defend DC so so in response to two groups of criticism. The first is the EFL's FFP rules. The second are other fans that have genuine concern for how the club is run. 

Now I'm sorry but even if we weren't in this current court case. How are we a well run club. It seems to some fans that its acceptable that we have a poor unstable squad with little value, a yearly declining league standing, little progress off the pitch, horrendously poor PR with fans across many different agendas. 

Then you consider that even if the FFP is a harsh plan to follow you still have to have the business knowhow and expertise to try and follow it. That doesnt come from stockpiling players until their value plummets and we stagnate. 

People say, 'fans would be fuming if he sold players' but if he led from the top lile a true owner and stated that the money would be reinvested and that we actually even tried to have the right staff in behind the scenes to recruit new talent then maybe just maybe the fans could be trusting and confident. 

We have little to no cooperation with the club. No one knew who was or is running day to day activities. The way that apathy has poisoned the whole club in recent years is just terrible to see. 

If you can't see it and feel it and if yiu have a blind loyalty to DC then this must be the football club you want. An expensive to watch, stagnating, unorganised, disconnected, apathetic club.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I'd say selling the stadium to a company which didn't  exist at the time of the "alleged" sale is pretty damning evidence of a breach of the rules. 

Morally suspect, I grant you. But, none the less a lawful transaction and as such, still unsure what 'rule' was broken.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

They are going to get pinged ala the same as QPR did. Same as Bournemouth, same as Wolves

That will really hurt them won’t it 

Failure payments will cushion that blow 

Guest Mcguigan
11 minutes ago, striker said:

No, but can spread the cost of a player over several years for example,  to comply with P&S. My point was, not everything has to be accounted for in full at the point of transaction. 

I understand that but surly it can only be accounted for from the point of transaction and periods going forward not the point of transaction and stick it in the year before.

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Morally suspect, I grant you. But, none the less a lawful transaction and as such, still unsure what 'rule' was broken.

I suspect the EFL will argue that because the company didn't exist, the "sale" never happened, and it was just a way for DC to inject more money into the club to try and swerve FFP. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Royal_D said:

Absolutely nothing would be my guess 

Will be very interesting.

They massively overspent going up and then there was the rule change that said FFP relating to EFL can now be applied retrospectively (former loophole closed).

If they come down with parachute payments and don’t get punished there will be uproar.

Football is broken.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I agree with the two statements above.

Those fans on here that defend DC so so in response to two groups of criticism. The first is the EFL's FFP rules. The second are other fans that have genuine concern for how the club is run. 

Now I'm sorry but even if we weren't in this current court case. How are we a well run club. It seems to some fans that its acceptable that we have a poor unstable squad with little value, a yearly declining league standing, little progress off the pitch, horrendously poor PR with fans across many different agendas. 

Then you consider that even if the FFP is a harsh plan to follow you still have to have the business knowhow and expertise to try and follow it. That doesnt come from stockpiling players until their value plummets and we stagnate. 

People say, 'fans would be fuming if he sold players' but if he led from the top lile a true owner and stated that the money would be reinvested and that we actually even tried to have the right staff in behind the scenes to recruit new talent then maybe just maybe the fans could be trusting and confident. 

We have little to no cooperation with the club. No one knew who was or is running day to day activities. The way that apathy has poisoned the whole club in recent years is just terrible to see. 

If you can't see it and feel it and if yiu have a blind loyalty to DC then this must be the football club you want. An expensive to watch, stagnating, unorganised, disconnected, apathetic club.

We aren't trophy hunters.

Just now, S36 OWL said:

I suspect the EFL will argue that because the company didn't exist, the "sale" never happened, and it was just a way for DC to inject more money into the club to try and swerve FFP. 

We couldn’t wipe our backside without the EFL’s consent at that stage S36 along with a few others in an attempt to both stop us breaking the rules but I suspect moreso to protect both the collapse of the league and the transfer market.

If they signed off something that was iffy/a loophole then we are not guilty.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I'd say selling the stadium to a company which didn't  exist at the time of the "alleged" sale is pretty damning evidence of a breach of the rules. 

No, it isn't. In accounting terms, backdating a sale is completely legitimate. Particularly if the buyer sets up a new company to handle their new acquisition only when the terms have been agreed. An agreement in principle completed in 2017/18 season but the fine details only agreed the season after.

Edited by Minton
  • Like 4