Breaking: New Pelupessy deal confirmed.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, FlyingOwl said:

Joey is cheap. Clean injury record. Keeps himself in good condition. Happy to be here. Seems like a good enough bloke around the club. 

I’ll bring my boots then if that’s the only criteria needed to play for this club. What a farce we’ve become.. why are we releasing Hutchinson if we’re prepared to resign cr*p players like this 

No ambition, poor leadership, a clueless manager. Most expensive tickets in the league (not that that matters at the moment) and absolutely no strategy to gain promotion. Total joke.

We might as well play a full team of kids rather than persisting with players who will never have it in them as promotion clearly isn’t on the radar anyway. 4th bottom is the target 

3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I’ll bring my boots then if that’s the only criteria needed to play for this club. What a farce we’ve become.. why are we releasing Hutchinson if we’re prepared to resign cr*p players like this 

No ambition, poor leadership, a clueless manager. Most expensive tickets in the league (not that that matters at the moment) and absolutely no strategy to gain promotion. Total joke.

We might as well play a full team of kids rather than persisting with players who will never have it in them as promotion clearly isn’t on the radar anyway. 4th bottom is the target 

Don't forget to add gates of 18k

1 hour ago, FlyingOwl said:

It’s a no brainer from a business perspective. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

To let him go means we’d have to replace him. Bare in mind that our other CDM’s are Sam Hutchinson who’s deal is also expiring and won’t be renewed...and Luongo who’s injury record speaks for itself.

The club will be more aware than anyone as to how bad our financial situation is, the likelihood of a transfer ban (or even worse a points deduction) - and therefore how the land lies in terms of being able to sign players and of what standard in the next couple of seasons.

Joey is cheap. Clean injury record. Keeps himself in good condition. Happy to be here. Seems like a good enough bloke around the club. 

Id have been shocked if he wasn’t offered a deal. It’s not ideal and I bloody hope he’s not a starter. I hope he’s a ‘just incase we need him’ filler player. 

I would much rather trust a youngster. BUT we’re not the club we were back in 2016. We’re really on dodgy ground and it’s gonna take a whole restructuring to get us back to where we were.

All in all I think we’re gonna have to go backwards to go forwards, and accept that players like Joey are gonna be a part of that.

Makes sense, as you say cheap and no fee involved.

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

So much for Garry Monks “this club needs change” then ey. 

Can tell Joey is a good lad, always a tryer. But all in all he’s just not good enough for this level. 

Really disappointed.

TBH just be a nightmare trying to sort out contracts at this time, as it stands we don't know what division we will be in and Joey will be cheap and can do a job in the champ or Lge 1. More interested in FF, reach and Fletcher.

2 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

It’s a no brainer from a business perspective. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

To let him go means we’d have to replace him. Bare in mind that our other CDM’s are Sam Hutchinson who’s deal is also expiring and won’t be renewed...and Luongo who’s injury record speaks for itself.

The club will be more aware than anyone as to how bad our financial situation is, the likelihood of a transfer ban (or even worse a points deduction) - and therefore how the land lies in terms of being able to sign players and of what standard in the next couple of seasons.

Id have been shocked if he wasn’t offered a deal. It’s not ideal and I bloody hope he’s not a starter. I hope he’s a ‘just incase we need him’ filler player. 

I would much rather trust a youngster. BUT we’re not the club we were back in 2016. We’re really on dodgy ground and it’s gonna take a whole restructuring to get us back to where we were.

All in all I think we’re gonna have to go backwards to go forwards, and accept that players like Joey are gonna be a part of that.

Mmm

Mmmm..

Mmm..

Yep...

Mmm.

Aha...

Except hes crap and not worth his place in the squad.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Harrysgame said:

Makes sense, as you say cheap and no fee involved.

I think once we take on board that we aren’t  realistically going to be challenging for a place in the top flight anytime soon, then it’s easier to understand. It’s all about a rebuild, Bruce said it would take 3 or 4 windows, and Monk has said something similar Most of us have said the same, but some are still expecting us to be challenging. That won’t happen, there’s too much to do, and it will take time We May even have to drop down a division Offering new one year deals to Penney and Pelupessy means we have a bit less to do in the summer. They offer us depth and buy us time to rebuild, whichever division we’re in They could kick on over the next year, but if they don’t, we can replace them next year