Breaking: New Pelupessy deal confirmed.

Just now, Dunkstar said:

I still read that as referring more to attitude and mentality  rather than ability.

Trust me, I completely agree with you that hes nowhere near good enough at Championship level and I'm sure Monk knows this too. Assuming that's the case our resigning of him suggests Monk sees him as  one of two things. Either hes a cheap championship backup player with a good injury record and a decent attitude who is happy to fill that role, or a regular starter at league 1 level.

I guess we'll find out which in due course.

Players shouldn’t be signed on attitude and mentality solely. They need to be first and foremost capable of playing the level you acquired them for. After 2 and a half years under numerous coaches it’s clear he’s not. 

• Like 1

Worrying lack of ambition. Signals to me that if we were to get rid of everyone we can’t replace them because we’re a financial mess. Having to keep League 1 standard players like him at the club seems like the only option. 

Just now, 0114 said:

Players shouldn’t be signed on attitude and mentality solely. They need to be first and foremost capable of playing the level you acquired them for. After 2 and a half years under numerous coaches it’s clear he’s not. (a footballer)

Really couldn’t make this up. If anyone at the club honestly thinks he has done enough to earn a new contract it shows us how badly this club is run. You just know Nuhiu will be announced next. Keeping Pessy is just another small decision that makes me fall even more out of love with this club. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

40 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

It’s a no brainer from a business perspective. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

To let him go means we’d have to replace him. Bare in mind that our other CDM’s are Sam Hutchinson who’s deal is also expiring and won’t be renewed...and Luongo who’s injury record speaks for itself.

The club will be more aware than anyone as to how bad our financial situation is, the likelihood of a transfer ban (or even worse a points deduction) - and therefore how the land lies in terms of being able to sign players and of what standard in the next couple of seasons.

Joey is cheap. Clean injury record. Keeps himself in good condition. Happy to be here. Seems like a good enough bloke around the club. 

Id have been shocked if he wasn’t offered a deal. It’s not ideal and I bloody hope he’s not a starter. I hope he’s a ‘just incase we need him’ filler player. 

I would much rather trust a youngster. BUT we’re not the club we were back in 2016. We’re really on dodgy ground and it’s gonna take a whole restructuring to get us back to where we were.

All in all I think we’re gonna have to go backwards to go forwards, and accept that players like Joey are gonna be a part of that.

Why keep someone who is worse than useless.

Wow we really do mean business don't we

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swfcjack27 said:

Worrying lack of ambition. Signals to me that if we were to get rid of everyone we can’t replace them because we’re a financial mess. Having to keep League 1 standard players like him at the club seems like the only option. 

It’s as well to be prepared for League 1 even if it doesn’t happen.

3 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Players shouldn’t be signed on attitude and mentality solely. They need to be first and foremost capable of playing the level you acquired them for. After 2 and a half years under numerous coaches it’s clear he’s not. 

Don't disagree with any of that.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well at least if we get relegated the ticket prices will be dropped significantly to better reflect the standard of football/er

Not for us who have multiple year season tickets!

Can't see Chansiri dropping ticket prices to a reasonable level even in L1. He'll be wondering why there aren't many people paying £32 for the opening game against Accrington. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Best chance of being involved on a matchday. 

Just occured to me though, what happens to Ozzie if there are no fans at games? 

Will the RSPCA get a 6ft bird left outside their door one night....or will he get a game up front (given our impending lack of options)

Depends if we give Nuhiu another year or not i guess.

If this isn’t a sign the club will be in league one next season I don’t know what is. We need a massive clear out here starting with the clueless owner (if indeed we are found guilty he needs to get out of our club ASAP). I’ve supported Monk but decisions like this will make me want him out. Clueless club from top to bottom. I couldn’t care less if Pessy is a nice bloke, i want winners, players with quality. Seems Monk only wants nice players, yes men if you will. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

When was the last player signing that went down this badly with fans?

I don’t actually think he’s a terrible player, and could be useful if we do go down It depends what the clubs ambitions are

11 minutes ago, Miffed said:

What did DC say about being in trouble if we don’t go up this season?

I think our fans deserve to know the truth now. We are paying top prices.... What are the short and long term targets and what is the model for achieving them? 

What’s the plan DC?

The plan is to wait and see what the EFL decide to do, there's no point in making a statement on something he has no control over, it's the EFL that are playing God.