Breaking: New Pelupessy deal confirmed.

What did DC say about being in trouble if we don’t go up this season?

I think our fans deserve to know the truth now. We are paying top prices.... What are the short and long term targets and what is the model for achieving them? 

What’s the plan DC?

Guest wilyfox

If re-signing players that have shown they're sub-standard shyte is the way we're going, DC can shove next season up his arsehole. I hope the EFL crucify him for the way he's run our club. 

Totally expecting the vast majority of OOC players to get new offers. Suggests to me that Monk’s not his own man as much he’d like to make us think he is? This is Lukuhay all over again and you’ll still get some disagreeing with this opinion. I mean if it wasn’t for his blonde/greyish hair, English accent and lack of a tash, you’d be forgiven for thinking Jos was still here because nothing much has changed in truth, has it?

Edited by Jim

Only answer to this is financially we are worse off than anyone actually will realise until it gets serious. 

Possibly a third summer in an embargo and a points deduction. Heads need to come out the sand with Chansiri. 

No way Garry Monk wanted to keep a player he started 8 times this season. 

I am not as up in arms about this as some, mainly because I’ve thought we were heading in this direction for a while now The whole set up is geared towards League One, and I think Joey will be alright at that level As I said, I even think we may get something out of Jordan Rhodes at that level also 

All this talk of a big clear out, and subsequent recruitment drive, always seemed a bit pie in the sky at Championship level. In League One, it will be much easier to complete that sort of overhaul. However, we won’t be replacing the likes of Fletcher and Forestieri with better, just cheaper that’s all

He’s that poor I don’t buy the argument that finances should dictate that we have to keep him. 

For me, even if he’s playing for free his influence, or lack of influence, has a negative impact on the team. 

just because money is tight doesn’t mean you should waste even more on players that clearly aren’t up to the job.

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, scilly owl said:

I think that he’ll come back and be like a cross between Zidane and Roy Keane and go on to captain Holland to a World Cup victory and be named player of the tournament.

In between finding a vaccine for Covid-19.

1 minute ago, scilly owl said:

I think that he’ll come back and be like a cross between Zidane and Roy Keane and go on to captain Holland to a World Cup victory and be named player of the tournament.

That c in your user name is clearly surplus lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Hes to be used as cover in case ozzie owl gets injured.

Best chance of being involved on a matchday. 

Just occured to me though, what happens to Ozzie if there are no fans at games? 

Will the RSPCA get a 6ft bird left outside their door one night....or will he get a game up front (given our impending lack of options)

15 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Monk directly said after the Wigan defeat that...

“I have seen enough in the past month to tell me a lot. There are some players who shouldn’t be here at this club. That’s the honest truth.”

Pelupessy was abysmal in that match. Hence why Monk has started him 8 times this season. I said he’s a good lad, doesn’t mean we should be keeping someone whose literally only being played when we have no other options. Poor from the club. 

I still read that as referring more to attitude and mentality  rather than ability.

Trust me, I completely agree with you that hes nowhere near good enough at Championship level and I'm sure Monk knows this too. Assuming that's the case our resigning of him suggests Monk sees him as  one of two things. Either hes a cheap championship backup player with a good injury record and a decent attitude who is happy to fill that role, or a regular starter at league 1 level.

I guess we'll find out which in due course but either way, this is the almost inevitable consequence  if you gamble on reaching the EPL and lose.

Edited by Dunkstar