Breaking: New Pelupessy deal confirmed.

38 minutes ago, Carbone said:

I think you’re missing the point that a squad is 25 players, not just the 14 players you’ll see at 3pm on a Saturday. You won’t find any squad in any league where all 25 players play regularly, ones that don’t are either frozen out, injured or kept because they are a good influence. Not every player in the 25 is going to be a regular and I’m sure Monk and Pelupessy know this, but it is good to have positive characters around, if the majority of the squad is deemed as poisonous. 

If you’ve read what Monk and Jos have said about the group, I don’t think the issue is people being nice, rather it’s a rotten group that needs breaking up.

the thing is though that Pelupessy has been playing for us during the last few months of the season and when he plays he offers nothing positive. If he is just being kept to be a positive influence off the pitch that’s one thing but he has been playing and he hasn’t provided anything positive on the pitch. I get that we need a squad of players, but when first choice players aren’t available we need players to come in that provide something in the starting line up. In reference to the rotten players who would you class as that, Westwood, Hutch? Who else though? 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, Carbone said:

I think you’re missing the point that a squad is 25 players, not just the 14 players you’ll see at 3pm on a Saturday. You won’t find any squad in any league where all 25 players play regularly, ones that don’t are either frozen out, injured or kept because they are a good influence. Not every player in the 25 is going to be a regular and I’m sure Monk and Pelupessy know this, but it is good to have positive characters around, if the majority of the squad is deemed as poisonous. 

If you’ve read what Monk and Jos have said about the group, I don’t think the issue is people being nice, rather it’s a rotten group that needs breaking up.

Given the majority of the players that start are the same players that were in that incredible squad that took us to Wembley - is it the old squad members or the new squad members that have made the dressing room poisonous?