Breaking: New Pelupessy deal confirmed.

2 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

TBH just be a nightmare trying to sort out contracts at this time, as it stands we don't know what division we will be in and Joey will be cheap and can do a job in the champ or Lge 1. More interested in FF, reach and Fletcher.

I don’t want players who just “do a job”, Joey has started 9 games this season, we won one. So not even sure he does that. 

Reach has another year.

Fletcher is a good player but has high wages, injuries and at 33 isn’t at and age where he’s going to get fitter and better.

Forestieri, time to move on from that. Huge wages, misses huge chunks of the season. Need to be looking at players who contribute over 40 games. 

1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

Also shows that Monk is clueless and  will be sacked soon enough.

i agree but perhaps it isn’t Monk that gets to decide who stays and who leaves. We get a new manager in and yet again decisions are made by other individuals and not the manager. 

• Like 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

i agree but perhaps it isn’t Monk that gets to decide who stays and who leaves. We get a new manager in and yet again decisions are made by other individuals and not the manager. 

Exactly, no ones telling me Monk wanted to keep a player he has started 8 times this season. Especially after his constant calls for change. Different managers, same issues.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I am not as up in arms about this as some, mainly because I’ve thought we were heading in this direction for a while now The whole set up is geared towards League One, and I think Joey will be alright at that level As I said, I even think we may get something out of Jordan Rhodes at that level also 

All this talk of a big clear out, and subsequent recruitment drive, always seemed a bit pie in the sky at Championship level. In League One, it will be much easier to complete that sort of overhaul. However, we won’t be replacing the likes of Fletcher and Forestieri with better, just cheaper that’s all

We've all known which direction we are heading under DC, the mans delusional.

What i find an absolute disgrace is his lies about prices and the quality of players we pay/see.

Just now, full fathom five said:

We've all known which direction we are heading under DC, the mans delusional.

What i find an absolute disgrace is his lies about prices and the quality of players we pay/see.

Irritating for sure, but there does now appear to be change of emphasis Much needed, but will bring the issue of pricing to the fore

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd LOVE to hear the logic behind this statement

Means i didn't think much of him in the first place but if he's willing as some suggest to be told he's not got ANY say in the players he is expected to build a team from and just accept it then i think even less of him.

Just now, gurujuan said:

Irritating for sure, but there does now appear to be change of emphasis Much needed, but will bring the issue of pricing to the fore

MASSIVELY

And the Chairman has wrapped himself up in knots forward selling season tickets etc

If the worst happens there's going to be one hell of a massive mess to try and clean up regarding ticket pricing

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

It's never been far from the fore as it was never right to begin with and the addition of even more ridiculous schemes only compound this.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

MASSIVELY

And the Chairman has wrapped himself up in knots forward selling season tickets etc

If the worst happens there's going to be one hell of a massive mess to try and clean up regarding ticket pricing

Exactly, only himself to blame as he's painted himself into a corner and people will start voting with their feet.