Breaking: New Pelupessy deal confirmed.

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really couldn’t make this up. If anyone at the club honestly thinks he has done enough to earn a new contract it shows us how badly this club is run. You just know Nuhiu will be announced next. Keeping Pessy is just another small decision that makes me fall even more out of love with this club. 

I don't think that only applies to you, but to potentially many others, which should be a concern for DC.....apathy is the overriding sentiment currently

15 minutes ago, Miffed said:

What did DC say about being in trouble if we don’t go up this season?

I think our fans deserve to know the truth now. We are paying top prices.... What are the short and long term targets and what is the model for achieving them? 

What’s the plan DC?

He's already told us ... It's top 2!

Although to be fair to him he didn't say which league :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Just now, pat blondeau said:

Any ideas how much he’s on a week?

We could have taken a gamble on another midfielder from league one or the continent for the same money

That would be my take.

I’d be more comfortable watching us get relegated next season with a squad full of new players on an absolute fraction of what the current playing staff are. At least it would be some indication that lessons have been learnt.

I just don’t understand the idea behind keeping players on that clearly aren’t good enough, there’s no justification for it.  It’s like being hit by a car, and then standing on the M1 and expecting it not to happen again.

• Like 2

This has put me in a right bad mood. Not going to have the patience to home school these sh1tty kids today. Pessy offers nothing positive, it’s like playing with 10 players when he starts. F**k off Wednesday. You just know Nuhiu will also be the type of player Monk keeps, no quality but a nice bloke. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

3 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

The plan is to wait and see what the EFL decide to do, there's no point in making a statement on something he has no control over, it's the EFL that are playing God.

yet they have already made a decision to resign a player without knowing the outcome 

Surely the club have a strategy for all outcomes. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Absolute joke. He should have been the first one out of the door. He’s utter poo ! Monk just eff off!!

Guest freerole

I for one am horrified considering the fact we have been given tho go ahead to spend in huge amounts again on absolute crap, with no comebacks whatsoever. 

spend spend spend with no consequences!!!!!!

45 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

There’s people sat in the stand that would more than fulfill that profile, doesn’t mean we should start offering them contracts.

The day you stop signing footballers for footballing reasons is the day you start sliding down the league. 

We started that years ago. Look at the signing of Urby. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

This has put me in a right bad mood. Not going to have the patience to home school these sh1tty kids today. Pessy offers nothing positive, it’s like playing with 10 players when he starts. F**k off Wednesday. 

Make em' do algebra - that will show em'.

• Haha 1

Giving JP a new deal perfectly sums up the club's current situation and future ambitions. Paying the price for previous transfer mistakes, wasted millions and current FFP restrictions.

It's a no brainer from Chansiri's perspective - no negotiations needed and probably one of our lowest earners.

It's another body from Monk's perspective - likable character and wont kick up a fuss about not being in the starting 11.

And before anybody starts spouting the rubbish that he's a defensive midfielder and his contribution to the team goes unnoticed, I've never seen somebody do that job so badly in a SWFC shirt. I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt, I kept a close eye on him for 2-3 games telling myself that he just breaks up play that we don't see but it's absolute nonsense. He's playing football well above his standard and it shows every single game. 

And to think, Mr Chansiri justifies the club's ridiculous ticketing pricing structure by stating that we must pay it if we want to recruit top quality players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got to keep squad numbers up, he has been given an extra year big deal, think you will find that a lot of clubs 

will keep players short term, where in normal times they would have been discarded as not good enough.

Many clubs are going to be in financial difficulties. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

Giving JP a new deal perfectly sums up the club's current situation and future ambitions. Paying the price for previous transfer mistakes, wasted millions and current FFP restrictions.

It's a no brainer from Chansiri's perspective - no negotiations needed and probably one of our lowest earners.

It's another body from Monk's perspective - likable character and wont kick up a fuss about not being in the starting 11.

And before anybody starts spouting the rubbish that he's a defensive midfielder and his contribution to the team goes unnoticed, I've never seen somebody do that job so badly in a SWFC shirt. I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt, I kept a close eye on him for 2-3 games telling myself that he just breaks up play that we don't see but it's absolute nonsense. He's playing football well above his standard and it shows every single game. 

And to think, Mr Chansiri justifies the club's ridiculous ticketing pricing structure by stating that we must pay it if we want to recruit top quality players. 

100% agree^^^^. Plus judging by your avatar and username, if anybody can spot a cr4p player, it's you. 😄

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Miffed said:

yet they have already made a decision to resign a player without knowing the outcome 

Surely the club have a strategy for all outcomes. 

It is a contract extension, players perogative ?

We all know we're in the poo , don't see the point of a statement till he knows how deep the poo   is, that's all i'm trying to say.

With Fletcher and Fox reportedly on the move there's no reading between the lines really.

I think it shows the mentality of the club. Those of us hoping for a complete fresh start with new dynamic players should take a reality check. It's going to be tough. I am sure hes a nice popular player, but as a footballer not up to scratch. We will have a smaller squad next year so we do need players of decent quality.

5 minutes ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

If you need any proof to reinforce your argument just refer people to the Brentford game. Easily played a huge part in 3 of their goals. Along with the countless other games he’s been absolutely anonymous and cost us goals. 

1 minute ago, TINGLE75 said:

I think it shows the mentality of the club. Those of us hoping for a complete fresh start with new dynamic players should take a reality check. It's going to be tough. I am sure hes a nice popular player, but as a footballer not up to scratch. We will have a smaller squad next year so we do need players of decent quality.

I’ve been trying to tell people this for the last few months We are not prepared to gamble on staying up, of course we hope we do, but we are preparing for the drop

There’s no more money coming from Chansiri for big earners,  Pelupessy is a cheap squad player who will probably not even keep Hunt out of the side 

Bit of an overreaction as per on here