Breaking: New Pelupessy deal confirmed.

1 minute ago, gypsyowl said:

I don't care what anyone says, we've just given our worse player a new deal. Pathetic from Monk. 

I think our local journalists need to get straight onto Chansiri (might have to be Dom seeing as he's the only one permitted to ask any questions of our chairman) and find out who wanted/sanctioned this deal.

• Was it Monk who demanded Pelupessy stay?
  • Is there any scope for bringing new players to the club?
  • Are we under an embargo?
  • Did Chansiri/Paxiou have any input to the Pelupessy contract?
  • What has Monk been told about the finances/EFL hearing/impact on player recruitment?

etc
  • Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

I’m quite excited by this news 

It means me and my mates can continue our challenge where as the game kicks off we watched nobody but Pelupessy 

We see how long we can stand to watch him ball watch, fail to track opposing players, get knocked off the ball until one of us lets out a FFS

IIRC the record currently stands at 3 minutes 30 seconds ... we’re obviously happy clappers

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think our local journalists need to get straight onto Chansiri (might have to be Dom seeing as he's the only one permitted to ask any questions of our chairman) and find out who wanted/sanctioned this deal.

• What has Monk been told about the finances/EFL hearing/impact on player recruitment?

etc

The question should be whoever sanctioned this clearly needs certifying insane.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest wilyfox

Our back-up midfielder used to be the quality of Alex Lopez & Lewis McGugan. These days it's Pelupessy. Very disappointed we've just re-signed our worst midfielder. Shows the direction we're heading.  

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

etc

The reason Dom is the only one who is permitted to ask questions, is because he doesn't ask these questions 

22 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I don’t want players who just “do a job”, Joey has started 9 games this season, we won one. So not even sure he does that. 

Reach has another year.

Fletcher is a good player but has high wages, injuries and at 33 isn’t at and age where he’s going to get fitter and better.

Forestieri, time to move on from that. Huge wages, misses huge chunks of the season. Need to be looking at players who contribute over 40 games. 

Not too sure we have the funds to pick and choose. All teams need the type of do a job player...Would rather they spent the cash on some quality upfront with some pace.

9 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

I'm just sick of this football club

if they offer refunds on season tickets I'm taking it, no way am I watching Pelupessy again, he's utter shyte 

Quite a few said the same about Fox...funny that turned out ok.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

etc

I could guess the answers to that

• Was it Monk who demanded Pelupessy stay? No one demanded it was a discussion we had
  • Is there any scope for bringing new players to the club? We are awaiting the results of the EFL hearing
  • Are we under an embargo? We are awaiting the results of the EFL hearing
  • Did Chansiri/Paxiou have any input to the Pelupessy contract? We all discussed it
  • What has Monk been told about the finances/EFL hearing/impact on player recruitment? We cannot discuss the finances until we know the EFL outcome

Easy this press conference lark init :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Hookowl said:

I could guess the answers to that

• Was it Monk who demanded Pelupessy stay? No one demanded it was a discussion we had
  • Is there any scope for bringing new players to the club? We are awaiting the results of the EFL hearing
  • Are we under an embargo? We are awaiting the results of the EFL hearing
  • Did Chansiri/Paxiou have any input to the Pelupessy contract? We all discussed it
  • What has Monk been told about the finances/EFL hearing/impact on player recruitment? We cannot discuss the finances until we know the EFL outcome

Easy this press conference lark init :biggrin:

So true

Press these days is just banal, beige, non-interesting drivel from clubs/players now.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

29 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

I think Connor Kirby would have offered more than Joey on the pitch. 

This is the crux of the issue really.

We’ve allocated another pot of money towards a player that’s no better than the young players we have/had. 

We could’ve put the 20 or so appearances Pelupessy will make next season towards the development of a youngster and the team wouldn’t have been any worse off.

Instead we’ve continued down the line of throwing good money after bad. 

It’s the lack in change of direction that’s the real killer as a fan. It’s like no lessons have been learnt in the past 2-3 years. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Our back-up midfielder used to be the quality of Alex Lopez & Lewis McGugan. These days it's Pelupessy. Very disappointed we've just re-signed our worst midfielder. Shows the direction we're heading.  

I wouldn't use mcgugan and quality in the same sentence

4 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

the lad had more quality in his little toe than Pessy has in his whole body. Unfortunately he didn’t show it enough but hey Pessy is a nice bloke, just the type of player we want. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

He was lazy, but c'mon he had quality on the ball. Joey can only dream of such talent. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

He was dreadful and Joey's the same

Short memory. McGugan starred under Gray. Didn't fit with Carlos. Lazy, but v.talented.