Player you loved that not many did

Degreyse is a good shout..Most of the players named would stroll into our current line up. Looking at the names though does make be think that as a fan base we do seem to always want  to have a scapegoat to hound out of the club...not one of our better traits.

I nearly had a punch up with a bloke giving Sibon so much abuse. When I told him to shut up, he said I didn't know what I was talking about and he was going to shut me up. Sibon promptly done the most sublime piece of skill and buried one. The bloke hurling the abuse got so much stick from everyone after he had to leave. 

Special mention to Carlton Palmer who I think was very appreciated by us, but never by opposition fans who all just think he was dog. 

Stevie May... obviously not a world beater but scored some important goals that helped keep us in the division. 

Keith Tracey i also thought was a decent player for us but used to get some stick. 

Both never went on to a higher level so maybe they where right and i was full of s**t.

15 minutes ago, thesouthowl said:

I nearly had a punch up with a bloke giving Sibon so much abuse. When I told him to shut up, he said I didn't know what I was talking about and he was going to shut me up. Sibon promptly done the most sublime piece of skill and buried one. The bloke hurling the abuse got so much stick from everyone after he had to leave. 

Special mention to Carlton Palmer who I think was very appreciated by us, but never by opposition fans who all just think he was dog. 

Very true, those who never saw him play regularly just didn’t get it.  Lazy opinions formed around Palmer based primarily on Graham Taylor documentary

• Thanks 1

I've always liked the Moneyball type players. Who look wrong but are actually pretty good team players  

I'd throw in:

Ian Porterfield

Spider Mellor

I wanted Dave Jones to be another but he was just past it.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Marc Degryse, good player with a return of goals from midfield that we’d kill for now, I was disappointed when he moved on.

I loved Degryse. Couldn’t believe we sold him after only one season.

Quite a few I would include here.

1.  Hendon. We were a better team with him in the side despite his limitations.

2.  Donnelly. Lovely player on his day, a real shame re his injuries. By far best of the 3 Scots. 

3.  jemson . Though I know lots feel the same, was so very unlucky with the car crash that spelled end of him being a top class player.

4.  Steve Nicol. Was still a tidy footballer when we had him.

5.  Efan Ekoku. Even at his age was quality and got stuck in.