Player you loved that not many did

22 hours ago, 0114 said:

Didn’t realise players have to play in the Premier League to be appreciated. 

Julian Borner captain... why? Because he has a song? Not been anything special. 

Borner is a leader in the pitch, Lees simple isn't.

Hutch, Westwood, leaders in the pitch, bannan, fox, Palmer not.

Some players are good captains. Some simply arent. 

23 hours ago, 0114 said:

Didn’t realise players have to play in the Premier League to be appreciated. 

Julian Borner captain... why? Because he has a song? Not been anything special. 

To be classed as a truly top player you do have the play at the highest level. I am lucky enough to see my team in the top flight. 

many are not.

17 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Borner is a leader in the pitch, Lees simple isn't.

Hutch, Westwood, leaders in the pitch, bannan, fox, Palmer not.

Some players are good captains. Some simply arent. 

I’m yet to see anything from Borner to guarantee he should even be a starter never mind a captain. Fist pumping a goal line clearance doesn’t make you captain material.

18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

To be classed as a truly top player you do have the play at the highest level. I am lucky enough to see my team in the top flight. 

many are not.

I never said he was a top player so don’t really get your point? What’s being in the top level got to do with my post?

I just said he doesn’t get as much credit as he should for what he’s cost. Suddenly it’s only acceptable to name premier league players in this post? Eh

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

I’m yet to see anything from Borner to guarantee he should even be a starter never mind a captain. Fist pumping a goal line clearance doesn’t make you captain material.

I am not sure which team you have been watching this season then because Borner has been one of the best players in the team. His partnership with Irofa before Monk started messing with the back 4 was one of the strongest centre back paring we have had since Lovvens in his pomp.

Borner has been captain at every club he has been at he is a born leader. Lees was a good player when playing with a more experienced centre back of Loovens or Hector but his form for the last 12 months has been awful and for a captain he never speaks.

A good captain leads by example, is a good communicator and when he is in the back 4 helps to marshal the backline.

Change the captaincy from Lees to Borner you will see a better team and we might even see Lees start to give better performances. 

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

I never said he was a top player so don’t really get your point? What’s being in the top level got to do with my post?

I just said he doesn’t get as much credit as he should for what he’s cost. Suddenly it’s only acceptable to name premier league players in this post? Eh

No that not what you said, 'Didn’t realise players have to play in the Premier League to be appreciated. 

Lees used to be a good player but like a lot in our squad he is past his sell by date and needs moving on.

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I am not sure which team you have been watching this season then because Borner has been one of the best players in the team. His partnership with Irofa before Monk started messing with the back 4 was one of the strongest centre back paring we have had since Lovvens in his pomp.

Borner has been captain at every club he has been at he is a born leader. Lees was a good player when playing with a more experienced centre back of Loovens or Hector but his form for the last 12 months has been awful and for a captain he never speaks.

A good captain leads by example, is a good communicator and when he is in the back 4 helps to marshal the backline.

Change the captaincy from Lees to Borner you will see a better team and we might even see Lees start to give better performances. 

Borner has been one of the best players in the team? He’s been a bang average.

Iorfa and Borner was the best CB pairing? In 17 games that they have started together at CB we have won 5 and managed only 5 clean sheets with them two at centre half. So I really don’t know what team you have been watching?

33 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No that not what you said, 'Didn’t realise players have to play in the Premier League to be appreciated. 

Lees used to be a good player but like a lot in our squad he is past his sell by date and needs moving on.

You was the one who mentioned the level of the player? I never did...

If you read my first post I literally say it’s time he’s moved on. Doesn’t stop me being able to appreciate him

On 07/04/2020 at 09:12, HighworthOwl said:

Stevie May... obviously not a world beater but scored some important goals that helped keep us in the division. 

Keith Tracey i also thought was a decent player for us but used to get some stick. 

Both never went on to a higher level so maybe they where right and i was full of s**t.

Tracey was a good player. 

However Stevie May was one of the worst footballers I’ve ever seen, couldn’t kick a ball. I was excited when we signed him from St Johnstone, turned out to be a wet fart.