Player you loved that not many did

Agree with others above that Lines and Rudi were underrated, and above all Sibon. I remember going once with a non-Owl neighbour around the 2000-2001 time, as we had a spare ticket. Think it was against Grimsby. We won 1-0 and Sibon scored - although he'd been getting stick from the fans most of the game. He was so confused by why Sibon was the one being singled out - "Seems like he's the only one who can play". A player with poise and skill at a time we didn't have much of this.

Another I would throw in the mix is Andy Hinchcliffe - who on his day was a really solid left back with a fantastic left foot - unfortunately he had a chronic knee problem that meant he played less and less for us - not his fault, but perhaps representative of the fag end of the Richards years where we handed out silly contracts to some players. And he still played about 90 times for us - much more than some who are fondly remembered.

2 hours ago, cowl said:

One player I really rated and was surprised he never really made it as a player was Patrick Collins.

I was pretty sad to see his career go the way it did, at first I thought he was one of the better youngsters we brought in that season. 

1 hour ago, Emerson Thome said:

Agree with others above that Lines and Rudi were underrated, and above all Sibon. I remember going once with a non-Owl neighbour around the 2000-2001 time, as we had a spare ticket. Think it was against Grimsby. We won 1-0 and Sibon scored - although he'd been getting stick from the fans most of the game. He was so confused by why Sibon was the one being singled out - "Seems like he's the only one who can play". A player with poise and skill at a time we didn't have much of this.

Another I would throw in the mix is Andy Hinchcliffe - who on his day was a really solid left back with a fantastic left foot - unfortunately he had a chronic knee problem that meant he played less and less for us - not his fault, but perhaps representative of the fag end of the Richards years where we handed out silly contracts to some players. And he still played about 90 times for us - much more than some who are fondly remembered.

At least under different ownership , the club learned . Oh wait.......

another vote for Chris lines over here