BREAKING: All games suspended until 3 April "at the earliest" [Update: full EFL statement in OP]

51 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Saved a few bob by making my own Coronavirus mask.

If anyone wants to know how to make one, PM me.

20200313_174539.jpg

Fortunately I have one left over from the other night, from when my Tinder date's profile pic didn't quite reflect reality.

• Haha 3

The FA Chairman has said he doesn't think the season will get completed. It's as good as over and cancelled. No way of fitting it all in before the Euro's, with pre-season and next season, and with contracts and things to consider. Can't see it getting completed.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/fa-verdict-coronavirus-football-season-17922984

5 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

The FA Chairman has said he doesn't think the season will get completed. It's as good as over and cancelled. No way of fitting it all in before the Euro's, with pre-season and next season, and with contracts and things to consider. Can't see it getting completed.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/fa-verdict-coronavirus-football-season-17922984

cancel the euro's then    , lol

6 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Declaring a pandemic has nothing to do with changes to the characteristics of a disease, but is instead associated with concerns over its geographic spread. According to the World Health Organization, a pandemic is declared when a new disease for which people do not have immunity spreads around the world beyond expectations.

Just saying. 

I think I said that...if not I'm sorry. Was responding to the 'national pandemic' bit of the post tbf and a pandemic is not a national thing.

Just saying.

2 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

cancel the euro's then    , lol

Think it will be along with the Olympics. Still won't be feasible to complete the season during that time, if the peak time for the virus is around that time in the UK? Season should be cancelled because simply suspending it, when we haven't even reached the peak, will just clog up the fixtures and make it impossible to fit everything in, with contracts and other commitments and pre-season, etc. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, prowl said:

If we went into total lockdown now the number of infections would start to drop almost immediately. The official figures would continue to rise as infected people become symptomatic and get tested. In just over 2 weeks the official figures would start to drop but deaths would increase thereafter as infected people who are going to die will continue to do so after a month.

Go into lockdown now and we get on top of it quickly. Delay means more infections and more deaths. The government seems to want people to get infected to create a pool of people with herd immunity to keep things ticking over. That may work if the virus doesn't mutate. It is a type of rhinovirus and they seem to mutate regularly.

The truth is no one knows what is the best course of action although China points the way. (if we believe their figures)

People and organisations have started to take things into their own hand but really we could do with a lead from the government so we can all get on the same page.

SOunds like you have been watching 28 days later 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, prowl said:

If we went into total lockdown now the number of infections would start to drop almost immediately. The official figures would continue to rise as infected people become symptomatic and get tested. In just over 2 weeks the official figures would start to drop but deaths would increase thereafter as infected people who are going to die will continue to do so after a month.

Go into lockdown now and we get on top of it quickly. Delay means more infections and more deaths. The government seems to want people to get infected to create a pool of people with herd immunity to keep things ticking over. That may work if the virus doesn't mutate. It is a type of rhinovirus and they seem to mutate regularly.

The truth is no one knows what is the best course of action although China points the way. (if we believe their figures)

People and organisations have started to take things into their own hand but really we could do with a lead from the government so we can all get on the same page.

We're way past lockdown. Had we wanted to go down that route we should have done it back in January. That being said, how long do you then go into lockdown for? Would the public stand for it?

Going into lockdown now would simply be another delay tactic, as the virus is already rife throughout the country. Yes, official number do not back that up, but you have to assume this given the high proportion of 'well-known' people who have tested positive. Our peak would stay flatter but we'd be open to further waves with no significant immunity.

You're right that herd immunity is the way the government are going. Scarily that will involve 70% of the population getting infected if it were to be successful. Delaying this strategy isn't ideal. You're right that the virus is prone to mutation, though this doesn't affect our herd immunity plan. Examples from Spanish flu confirm this in Copenhagen, where the deadly second wave barely caused a ripple due to widespread immunity from the first wave. Interestingly, Denmark are not going down this route for Covid-19.

I have faith in the government, despite not being a Tory, that this is probably the best way forward, at least now because we're not in a position to implement other potentially effective measures due to it being too late to. I agree that a better lead from them is needed. I hope that our course of action, a unique one at that, proves to be the best one longer term, though I still have some doubts (it is Boris after all). Who knows whether a second or third wave will develop, and how deadly they'll be? 

4 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Klopp has set the tone.

This is what it is

Wont be legal action, wont be outrage.  Season will be cancelled and declared null and void.  Liverpool stand to lose the most and have rightly set the tone.  Good for them.

Think the writing was on the wall, they will have a lot more information than us in regards to how it will pan out,

PR stunt, horrible Club.

10 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

This virus is so strange - to infect but not affect under 10's is confusing.   It gives them immunity - good.   Great.

The fact it attacks old, infirm or those who are ill anyway, strikes of a Darwinism thought - survival of the fittest.

Affecting males predominantly, well that is not normal in any virus or disease.  

Finally, and this is at the moment unconfirmed - but this seems to be making over 40 males infertile.    We only have one small Chinese set (about 100 people tested) to prove this.

If this does not strike of a man mad disease created to cull the human population, then you need a reality check.   

The death toll and those infected do not marry up to the hype - I hope that remains the case in the next 6 months.

Lay off the booze 

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Lay off the booze 

Study the situation before giving a response that is plain and simple just ignorant.  

Currently I am in a household that potentially has two infected.   More likely it's just a case of cold.   

The facts are out there for you to look at, if you are able to.   I personally am sober, are you?   Or do you just deliberately objectionable?

Edited by Salmonbones

1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

Study the situation before giving a response that is plain and simple just ignorant.

I've been reading around several forums this evening and your previous post takes the cake for being at best, odd, and at worst, plain stupid. 

Just now, nilnil said:

I've been reading around several forums this evening and your previous post takes the cake for being at best, odd, and at worst, plain stupid. 

Being able to read does not make a person smart.

Congratulations on being able to read.