BREAKING: All games suspended until 3 April "at the earliest" [Update: full EFL statement in OP]

2 minutes ago, the third man said:

Its not expected to peak for 2 to 3 months.

so it is possible that the league cant start again until the end of June, players will not be fir after such a long lay off with a real possibility that they wont have been train properly.

That means at best that all the matches wont be completed until the middle of August.

The players will then want a real holiday so the season starts early October, how are they going to complete the season in time for the Euros in 2021?

There is a real possibility that the season will be cancelled unless something changes drastically

As I say the picture is ever changing and what you say might well be the case. I'm only commenting on what was said, I have no idea what will happen or what is for the best at this stage. 

8 minutes ago, prowl said:

We would be really hacked off if we were leading the Championship.

Agree mate but health and lives should come before sport. Even though the thought of Liverpool being denied the title, the Pigs denied possible European football and Leeds denied promotion is amusing, I think we will still have our financial issues and threat of a points deduction hanging over us? Even despite this season getting cancelled. Next season will be as though this season never happened but re-set, League ladder wise and financially?  

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

The fact you’re implying that the virus has purposefully been created to kill a section of the human race is just idiotic mate so there’s no point even having a conversation. Have whatever kind of day you’re gonna have 

And the fact.... That he's an idiot.....

52 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Well, if it's any grain of comfort, I did watch a China News International report on Youtube today hypothesizing that the virus was developed in a Wuhan laboratory and was accidentally leaked. Strange one really because the Chinese are trying to absolve themselves of blame, not burden themselves with it. I guess it increased viewing figures for what would normally be a nerd programme full of propaganda and innuendo.

I've heard a few people say that could have been the cause.

3 minutes ago, PortlandOwl said:

I've heard a few people say that could have been the cause.

There have been at least 50 outbreaks in China down the years. Recently, China has experienced SARS and at least three separate incidences of Avian Influenza (Bird Flu). All of the recent outbreaks were traced back to wildlife. What is it about this one that would suggest it is anything other than that described in the official narrative i.e. derived from wildlife at a wet market?

1 hour ago, Salmonbones said:

Affecting males predominantly, well that is not normal in any virus or disease.  

If you have a lung condition it will be 10x worse, mostly older people.

In China most males smoke, most females do not.

In Italy everybody smokes but males carry on smoking into old age while females tend to quit in their 40's 50's.

Hence more males die.

35 minutes ago, the third man said:

Its not expected to peak for 2 to 3 months.

so it is possible that the league cant start again until the end of June, players will not be fir after such a long lay off with a real possibility that they wont have been train properly.

That means at best that all the matches wont be completed until the middle of August.

The players will then want a real holiday so the season starts early October, how are they going to complete the season in time for the Euros in 2021?

There is a real possibility that the season will be cancelled unless something changes drastically

In 3 months most of our players will be out of contract. It looks impossible to complete the season.

8 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

If you have a lung condition it will be 10x worse, mostly older people.

In China most males smoke, most females do not.

In Italy everybody smokes but males carry on smoking into old age while females tend to quit in their 40's 50's.

Hence more males die.

There are more males in China than females because of traditional family values and the one child policy. In terms of the older population, they have had to endure a number of turbulent periods such as the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution. For political reasons, this also had an effect on gender balance. However, in terms of Wuhan and Hubei Province, I have seen little evidence to suggest there is a huge disparity between male and female deaths. I also know that the incidence of child deaths in the region has been higher than reported but the cause of death has been highly contentious.

If it does peak in two or three months as predicted then most of the out of contract players will have left and we may not ne able to sign anyone so will have to play the U23 players . EFL has to cancel the season and recommence next season hopefully. Might save us but the top of the league in each division wont be happy and the Blades as they wont get into Europe (if they had won their game in hand before this happened. Some clubs may go to the wall with the loss of revenue but really all this is irrelevant with people dying 

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

Well, if it's any grain of comfort, I did watch a China News International report on Youtube today hypothesizing that the virus was developed in a Wuhan laboratory and was accidentally leaked. Strange one really because the Chinese are trying to absolve themselves of blame, not burden themselves with it. I guess it increased viewing figures for what would normally be a nerd programme full of propaganda and innuendo.

I have it on good authority that it's actually a hoax being propagated by the global elitist, in a bid to stop Donald Trump getting reelected!

4SFk3WL.png4SFk3WL.png4SFk3WL.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bobness said:

I have it on good authority that it's actually a hoax being propagated by the global elitist, in a bid to stop Donald Trump getting reelected!

4SFk3WL.png4SFk3WL.png4SFk3WL.png

Well, there is a case to suggest this outbreak is perversely going to strengthen the powerbase of Uncle Eleven in China and make him more invincible on the world stage.