BREAKING: All games suspended until 3 April "at the earliest" [Update: full EFL statement in OP]

1 minute ago, scram said:

I am

Why wouldn't anyone be?

We are all hoping but I'm talking in a practical way, as we live in a relatively small island with easy access to everywhere, I would think that its going to be very difficult to keep a lid on it.  

I have no idea what the best plan is going forward every idea seems to be full of flaws. 

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Simon Jordan

“Games could have been played behind closed doors and I suspect the decision not to was a financial one."

Surely they could still Televise these games tho'?

That way the clubs would not risk TV money,

I presume the argument against this would be crowded pubs etc...unless you could mitigate that by banning pubs etc from showing it

the argument regards closed doors is that point , you are far more likely to get this virus in a pub or enclosed space . im not really that sure why the games are off , we are all going to get this next week next month whenever , we cant exactly have armed police and army on streets like the loony  bins in Italy or Palestine . the only way this could be contained though I doubt stopped would be everyone locked in there homes for a month each having 1 room per person . then after that a few cases may still exist the following week 200 then 2000 then 200000 . it might have made more sense to have some sort of isolation area for the ones who are very frail ,over 80, health conditions etc . while rest of us get it and then are immune from it . 1 thing for sure our lives are changing big time ,a lot will lose there homes,jobs, business will be crippled ,holiday,travel will be almost impossible due to 80% hotels going bust ,very scary times coming. 

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We are all hoping but I'm talking in a practical way, as we live in a relatively small island with easy access to everywhere, I would think that its going to be very difficult to keep a lid on it.  

I have no idea what the best plan is going forward every idea seems to be full of flaws. 

unfortunately we are going to lose a lot of our elderly relations/friends we were warned about this over last few years that something like this was very likely to happen and no vaccine to fight it , this virus most of us will survive but who knows what might happen in next few years might get a virus 10 times worse what could wipe millions of us out. bloody scary thought. 

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

the argument regards closed doors is that point , you are far more likely to get this virus in a pub or enclosed space . im not really that sure why the games are off , we are all going to get this next week next month whenever , we cant exactly have armed police and army on streets like the loony  bins in Italy or Palestine . the only way this could be contained though I doubt stopped would be everyone locked in there homes for a month each having 1 room per person . then after that a few cases may still exist the following week 200 then 2000 then 200000 . it might have made more sense to have some sort of isolation area for the ones who are very frail ,over 80, health conditions etc . while rest of us get it and then are immune from it . 1 thing for sure our lives are changing big time ,a lot will lose there homes,jobs, business will be crippled ,holiday,travel will be almost impossible due to 80% hotels going bust ,very scary times coming. 

It would need to be a big isolation area, there are 3.2 million people over 80 and approx 1.2 million with COPD in the UK.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

It would need to be a big isolation area, there are 3.2 million people over 80 and approx 1.2 million with COPD in the UK.

Yeah my dads got it. Not worried about this virus at all for myself but doubt my dad would survive it. 

10 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Where has this figure come from? 

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

unfortunately we are going to lose a lot of our elderly relations/friends we were warned about this over last few years that something like this was very likely to happen and no vaccine to fight it , this virus most of us will survive but who knows what might happen in next few years might get a virus 10 times worse what could wipe millions of us out. bloody scary thought. 

And if THIS virus mutates.... we're screwed.

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

yes I know, there is just no way im afraid ,sadly over hundreds of years many people get wiped out by such virus`s now we have become such an open world we are now so prone to them .

10 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

the argument regards closed doors is that point , you are far more likely to get this virus in a pub or enclosed space . im not really that sure why the games are off 

You get the virus from close proximity to it

As happens when 100's of thousands go to football matches - travel together, pack out the pre match pubs together, queue together, sit/stand together and use the awful toilet facilities while displaying utterly tragic levels of hygiene.

I just cannot get my head around why anybody thinks mass gatherings are a good way to prevent a highly contagious virus from spreading

1 minute ago, Nut said:

Where has this figure come from? 

I travel a lot and know that a lot of hotels are struggling anyways with Thomas cook going bust ,in canaries there have already been hotels putting shutters up this past few months ,and many empty units . this wont just effect us but where we go on holiday , they will be wiped out as nearly all there income come from tourists 

6 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Unfortunately I fear that you may will be right about the oldies, and I'm not far behind them so OT may well soon lose its most popular poster. 

But you have to keep :biggrin:

Maybe we should vacate a couple of seaside towns and move the oldies into them and give them the best treatment and help we can.

That's my idea. 

3 minutes ago, scram said:

You get the virus from close proximity to it

As happens when 100's of thousands go to football matches - travel together, pack out the pre match pubs together, queue together, sit/stand together and use the awful toilet facilities while displaying utterly tragic levels of hygiene.

I just cannot get my head around why anybody thinks mass gatherings are a good way to prevent a highly contagious virus from spreading

my point has been that its impossible to contain this ,any office,bus,train,pub,supermarket hospital its everywhere . the only way to contain it is staying isolated in a room for a month . stopping football isn't going  to make hardly any difference. this virus is unstoppable . 

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Unfortunately I fear that you may will be right about the oldies, and I'm not far behind them so OT may well soon lose its most popular poster. 

But you have to keep :biggrin:

Maybe we should vacate a couple of seaside towns and move the oldies into them and give them the best treatment and help we can.

That's my idea. 

good idea bet that corona will soon do 1 if you put them in stinking ingermells ,the rats if nothing else would chase that virus away. 

• Haha 3

Italy to the EU - “We need medical assistance, help, and financial assistance to help us deal with Coronavirus”

EU - “Er, computer says no. Oh by the way you broke EU State Aid Rules back in 2012 and we want €750 million off you plus interest backdated, calculated on a daily basis”

China - “Here you go Italy, we’ll help you out seeing as the EU won’t”.

24 minutes ago, billyblack said:

At least we wont lose this week

At least the overpaid mincers have a few weeks to sort out their fitness and crappy attitudes. No excuses when playing starts again! Never know, Reach might be over his strained fanny by then! 

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6
  • Haha 3