BREAKING: All games suspended until 3 April "at the earliest" [Update: full EFL statement in OP]

6 minutes ago, prowl said:

It's not just watching the game where you can catch it. Someone blows their nose and the wet tissue goes in their pocket on top of their loose change. They leave the ground, hold on to a hand rail., everyone who touches the handrail can get it. They go to the pub pay for a pingt with their change. You get that change when you buy a pint. Infected.

Someone sneezes on the concourse, you can catch it if you are close. On the bus, risky.

It really isn't worth the risk if you are old and high risk. Even if you aren't you can pass it on to parents/grand parents.

So by that reasoning everything is to shut down,  someone working at the railway station  could pass it on all day.  I know I'm been pedantic but where do we draw the line?

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So by that reasoning everything is to shut down,  someone working at the railway station  could pass it on all day.  I know I'm been pedantic but where do we draw the line?

If you have to draw the line at a railway station, it's probably a disused one. :ph34r:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, striker said:

With peak infection predicted for May/June, no guarantee games will resume. It then becomes an issue for clubs to field teams, once players contracts end,  most expire 1st June?

Fairest outcome in that situation would be to void the season, start again as were. Another get out of jail card for us, considering our form. 

Suspect decisions will be driven by Sky, the puppet masters of EPL, EFL, be interesting to see what Sky find to talk about with no sport happening!

no players contracts run till july 1st ,but loans end in may . 

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Season will be null and void.

Absolutely gutted for the Blunts and Leeds.

Such bad luck.

that's the only good thing that might come from all this, and us stopping up . I love my sport by looks of it there wont be any at all for months ,not even allowed golf now for 6 weeks at least , if golf aint allowed even without spectators then there is no hope for any sport played in arenas or stadiums . 

35 minutes ago, prowl said:

It's not just watching the game where you can catch it. Someone blows their nose and the wet tissue goes in their pocket on top of their loose change. They leave the ground, hold on to a hand rail., everyone who touches the handrail can get it. They go to the pub pay for a pingt with their change. You get that change when you buy a pint. Infected.

Someone sneezes on the concourse, you can catch it if you are close. On the bus, risky.

It really isn't worth the risk if you are old and high risk. Even if you aren't you can pass it on to parents/grand parents.

Absolutely blows my mind that people are so willfully blind to this. It isn't about whether you may get it or not, it is about how easily it is transmitted from person-to-person and trying to prevent/delay that process.

The best piece of advice I've seen is to "Behave as though you already have the virus"

'Behave like you already have the virus'

An infectious disease expert says people shouldn't just try to avoid getting coronavirus - instead, they should act as though they already have the virus and want to avoid passing it on.

Professor Graham Medley, from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), said this during an interview with BBC Newsnight last night when asked if there was a "simple message" he could give the public.

His response was: "Most people have a fear of acquiring the virus, but I think a good way of doing it is to imagine that you do have the virus, and change your behaviour so that you're not transmitting it.

"Don't think about changing your behaviour so you won't get it. Think about changing your behaviour so you don't give it to somebody else."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Absolutely blows my mind that people are so willfully blind to this. It isn't about whether you may get it or not, it is about how easily it is transmitted from person-to-person and trying to prevent/delay that process.

The best piece of advice I've seen is to "Behave as though you already have the virus"

So  are you hoping that most will avoid it?