BREAKING: All games suspended until 3 April "at the earliest" [Update: full EFL statement in OP]

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Well, there is a case to suggest this outbreak is perversely going to strengthen the powerbase of Uncle Eleven in China and make him more invincible on the world stage.

Image result for i am growing stronger trump

Edited by bobness
  • Haha 1

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

And Uncle Eleven a.k.a. Winnie the Pooh 

That's a new one for me, "Uncle Eleven". But I really don't think the Bilderberg Group are going to let it happen.

Anyway, here's another damning photo of the man...

Image result for Xi Jinping in leather

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bobness said:

That's a new one for me, "Uncle Eleven". But I really don't think the Bilderberg Group are going to let it happen.

Anyway, here's another damning photo of the man...

Image result for Xi Jinping in leather

The politburo in Beijing put out an edit stating that, when people write his name in official documents or press releases, it has to be capitalised as President XI not President Xi because it makes it stand out more. So us expats across there started referring to him as Uncle Eleven.

lol

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Watch this. 

See if it helps you decide which way you’re going with how Covid 19 came to be.

I watched that and posted in the coronavirus thread over in the dressing room section. A bit worrying, innit? :sad:

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

I watched that and posted in the coronavirus thread over in the dressing room section. A bit worrying, innit? :sad:

Yes, and apologies but I don’t go there, the dressing room that is. That is where all the conspiracy theorists, lefty luvvies, argumentative tvvats, egotists, bipolar, groomers and sheep hang out.

Yourself excepted of course lol

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Yes, and apologies but I don’t go there, the dressing room that is. That is where all the conspiracy theorists, lefty luvvies, argumentative tvvats, egotists, bipolar, groomers and sheep hang out.

Yourself excepted of course lol

Tbf I get called worse in the Politics section 

7 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

This is really good as well. Explains things very simply and concisely. Worth 8 minutes of people's time to understand the root cause of the outbreak:

SARS should’ve provided a massive lessons learned.

About China though. They’ve sent assistance to Italy to their credit whilst EU assistance was conspicuous by its absence.

Just now, theowlsman said:

SARS should’ve provided a massive lessons learned.

About China though. They’ve sent assistance to Italy to their credit whilst EU assistance was conspicuous by its absence.

Since 2002, China has seen outbreaks of SARS and at least three separate outbreaks of bird flu before coronavirus. All were traced back to wildlife sold through markets. This outbreak was 100% predictable, 100% preventable and brought about by putting commercial interests before the safety of mankind. The CPC in China are now turning this whole thing into a huge propaganda win. The things that their policies could have and should have prevented. I give them no glory whatsoever for what they are doing. It is cynical political manipulation on the back of which they are going to steal the moral high ground.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Since 2002, China has seen outbreaks of SARS and at least three separate outbreaks of bird flu before coronavirus. All were traced back to wildlife sold through markets. This outbreak was 100% predictable, 100% preventable and brought about by putting commercial interests before the safety of mankind. The CPC in China are now turning this whole thing into a huge propaganda win. The things that their policies could have and should have prevented. I give them no glory whatsoever for what they are doing. It is cynical political manipulation on the back of which they are going to steal the moral high ground.

Must be the first time in history a government has manipulated a story to cover up a major blunder.  Let's hope that it doesn't cross the mind of the most powerful leader in the world.

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Must be the first time in history a government has manipulated a story to cover up a major blunder.  Let's hope that it doesn't cross the mind of the most powerful leader in the world.

Uncle XI is the most powerful leader in the world and he has already started the process. 

11 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

Didn’t we miss out on European football because of the UK club ban in the 80’s?

Its unfortunate, but it happens.

Maybe a bit late to the party on this, but that ban cost us two EUFA Cup appearances. First one for finishing 5th in 85/86 season, second one for missing out in 91/92 season as winners of the League Cup.

3 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Maybe a bit late to the party on this, but that ban cost us two EUFA Cup appearances. First one for finishing 5th in 85/86 season, second one for missing out in 91/92 season as winners of the League Cup.

Heysel.

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He's three days away from been toppled, once the people turn on him.  

Who do you think will turn on him? This outbreak should have set his progress back years but he is going to come out of it stronger and more dominant. If you don't believe me, just bookmark what I am saying and refer back to it in the coming years. It can only happen in an authoritarian dictatorship and that is what Eleven controls.

Edited by ChinaOwl