EFL Judgement deadline - Last Tuesday in March

What an absolute poo season this is. Stuff of nightmares. You just know the EFL will wait to see how many points it will take to send us down and will dock us that number. If indeed we are charged and docked points DC should be forced out of this club! Sick and tired of everything to do with the club. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Part of me thinks, if we end up in the drop zone thanks to a points hit. Would this be a kick to the players to put a shift in and get us out of relegation trouble. 

I seriously doubt this group of players have the stomach to roll their sleeves up and get us out of a relegation dog fight.

Too many players here who take zero pride in their work and feel like they are doing us a favour just being here. They show a distinct lack of guts, desire, passion and fight every other Saturday and I've seen nothing to convince me that a points deduction would change that.

The only thing they are good at is taking the p**s out of a fan base who pay some of the highest prices in the division for the "pleasure".

41 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Part of me thinks, if we end up in the drop zone thanks to a points hit. Would this be a kick to the players to put a shift in and get us out of relegation trouble. 

With the possibility of a points deduction heading our way they should have been doing everything in their power to make sure it didn't get us relegated.

It almost seems as if the players gave up the moment they thought or knew a points deduction was going to put an end to any chance of going up.

44 minutes ago, akbuk said:

What if there is a legal challenge to any decision or are we bound by the result of the arbitration panel

No appeals possible against decision of the League Arbitration Panel (in the case brought by SWFC against EFL as to lawfulness of charges). The judgment is binding. If we lose the arbitration we will go before an independent Disiplinary Commission, which could impose a points deduction (and other sanctions). We can then, if we wish, launch a disciplinary appeal under the arbitration rules against the ruling of the Disiplinary Commission

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, paddyowl said:

Headline in The Sheffield Star Online but I cant read it because I've reached my monthly viewing, Can someone copy and paste the article please.

'No deadline' on when Sheffield Wednesday could be slapped with points deduction

There is no definite deadline on when Sheffield Wednesday could be slapped with a points deduction this season, The Star understands.

It had been suggested that any points sanction would have to be enacted by the end of March, but that ruling is for issues with insolvency and administration only and is not relevant to Wednesday’s ongoing battle with the league.

The club are locked in an arbitration case with the EFL after the authority charged the club and three former and current club officials – including owner Dejphon Chansiri – with misconduct in November.

Wednesday have fiercely denied the charge and launched a counter-claim, branding the charge as ‘unlawful’. If the club fail in their arbitration claim likely sanctions include a points deduction. The out-of-form Owls are currently nine points from the drop zone.

The arbitration case is being heard by an independent commission. Wednesday’s latest statement read: “The Club will continue to take such steps as it considers necessary to protect and enforce its rights against the EFL and to protect it from unlawful action by the EFL affecting the Club and the performance of its team.”

The EFL charge centres on the sale of Wednesday’s Hillsborough stadium to a third-party company owned by Chansiri. The sale was completed in order to sidestep any breach of the league’s Profit and Sustainability rules, which allow a loss of no more than £39m every three-year cycle.

Last week Birmingham City had a financial misconduct charge from the EFL overturned, the circumstances of which were in no way comparable to that of Wednesday.

16 hours ago, Royal_D said:

If the EFL can’t impose it this season ,but gave us a points deduction for next season that would have relegated us this season there’s gonna be absolute metdown from the 3 who do go down 

They have to deal with it this season surely 

It would be funny if Boro were one of the three relegated because of the delay.lol

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

'No deadline' on when Sheffield Wednesday could be slapped with points deduction

There is no definite deadline on when Sheffield Wednesday could be slapped with a points deduction this season, The Star understands.

It had been suggested that any points sanction would have to be enacted by the end of March, but that ruling is for issues with insolvency and administration only and is not relevant to Wednesday’s ongoing battle with the league.

The club are locked in an arbitration case with the EFL after the authority charged the club and three former and current club officials – including owner Dejphon Chansiri – with misconduct in November.

Wednesday have fiercely denied the charge and launched a counter-claim, branding the charge as ‘unlawful’. If the club fail in their arbitration claim likely sanctions include a points deduction. The out-of-form Owls are currently nine points from the drop zone.

The arbitration case is being heard by an independent commission. Wednesday’s latest statement read: “The Club will continue to take such steps as it considers necessary to protect and enforce its rights against the EFL and to protect it from unlawful action by the EFL affecting the Club and the performance of its team.”

The EFL charge centres on the sale of Wednesday’s Hillsborough stadium to a third-party company owned by Chansiri. The sale was completed in order to sidestep any breach of the league’s Profit and Sustainability rules, which allow a loss of no more than £39m every three-year cycle.

Last week Birmingham City had a financial misconduct charge from the EFL overturned, the circumstances of which were in no way comparable to that of Wednesday.

Cheers

Now no deadline on when points deduction can happen 

what an absolute sham, surely the club should now be pushing for a conclusion , we need as many games as possible to try and stay up if points are deducted 

Brave game delaying it now unless some

real confidence in getting off 

56 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Now no deadline on when points deduction can happen 

what an absolute sham, surely the club should now be pushing for a conclusion , we need as many games as possible to try and stay up if points are deducted 

Brave game delaying it now unless some

real confidence in getting off 

Why does not knowing stop the players from getting as many points as possible in the meantime? We still have the same number of games to try and stay up regardless of knowing the number of points. Knowing for definite may mean they go to pieces even more if we need a certain number of points to survive.

We only need the punishment to come this season if we survive in spite of it. We are infinitely better off with the punishment next season in the Championship rather than having no deduction next season if we are in League 1.

This attitude of it will be better if we know even if it hits us this season and may send us down is like giving up because you can't be bothered with the hassle or the stress. In any case the arbitration case seems to be lasting longer than expected which must mean that the charges are not clearly lawful. This must surely mean that we have some kind of case which may make it more difficult to convict us and more difficult to impose an excessively harsh penalty.

The club should not be pushing for a conclusion while we are in relegation trouble. If we were safe and with no chance of the play offs it may be the time for us to agree a punishment to be implemented this season. If we were adrift at the bottom and consigned to definite relegation it may also be the time for this but as we stand we cannot risk a points deduction this season. It is imperative we stay in the Championship even if we risk starting next season on minus points. We would have a chance to recruit and plan with the whole season ahead to amass enough points to avoid relegation rather than a few games with players who look devoid of confidence at the moment.

3 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

That could be then, after the season is over?..

Bookies would love that, cos they won't pay out..unless of course we go down ' normally'

Efl, so how many points? 3rd from bottom will be going apeshit if it's say 9...and we escape relegation by 1 point...etc etc.

Though we ain't lost arbitration yet...still hopeful

13 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Have a feeling they will deduct points enough points to punish us but not relegate us.

EFL want to be seen to be doing something but know if it relegates us they will be in court forever more with Chansiri.

Given our form since Xmas DC would have his work cut out saying it's the EFL that's got us relegated.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The process is ongoing but a ruling has to be made before the last Tuesday in March for it to come into place this season

Rob Staton

I cant find that anywhere in the efl rules - be interested if anyone can find a link to it 

if not I suspect it's speculation  based on the last year's Birm ruling 

5 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

What an absolute poo season this is. Stuff of nightmares. You just know the EFL will wait to see how many points it will take to send us down and will dock us that number. If indeed we are charged and docked points DC should be forced out of this club! Sick and tired of everything to do with the club. 

Though we was not great we were doing great before Christmas, after we beat Bristol C I was confident that if we added 2 or 3 quality players to squad in January we were in with a great shout of play offs if not automatic promotion. 

Since Christmas we've been bloody awful with very little sign of any improvement. 

Hope I'm wrong but I think it's nailed on we're going to get a points deduction, 9 or 12 points I reckon, either number and it would be a struggle to stay up.

I can only assume that the EFL considering these matters is composed of a committee of some kind, with lawyers advising .

How frequently do they meet, or are they permanently employed?

If the first, what a way to run an organisation. If the latter, surely they should have reached a conclusion.by now.

And to think that such an organisation hold in their hands, the futures of football clubs, fans, owners and employers.