EFL Judgement deadline - Last Tuesday in March

Birmingham had their points deduction (9 points) announced on 22nd of March 2019. They and the EFL then had 14 days to appeal.

'Birmingham City have been deducted nine points by the English Football League for breaching profitability and sustainability rules.

Following the sanction, Blues drop from 13th to 18th in the Championship, five points above the relegation zone with eight games to play.

The EFL said Blues incurred losses of nearly £48.8m between 2015 and 2018.

That is almost £10m more than the accepted adjusted losses of £39m over a three-year period.

Both Birmingham City and the EFL have 14 days to appeal against the decision of the Independent Disciplinary Commission, which considered the matter on Monday.

Blues, who have avoided relegation on the final day in the past two seasons, said they had put measures in place to limit future spending and adhered to an EFL business plan since August.

"Decisions by the owners and the board of directors were taken with the club's best interests at heart and a determination to halt a cycle of decline and stagnation, with the intention of pushing on to fulfil ours and our fans' ambitions," a club statement said.

"This season we have taken significant strides forward on and off the pitch and the owners' commitment and intention to drive continued improvement of the club's fortunes will not diminish.

"Under manager Garry Monk, we have a very tight-knit squad of players who have performed with a sense of belonging, pride and passion. We have no doubt that will continue right to the season's end."

It is understood that there will be no further financial penalties for the club, nor will they be under a future transfer embargo relating to this issue.'

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

Garry Monk, we have a very tight-knit squad of players who have performed with a sense of belonging, pride and passion.

Think he did ok tbf....didn't he have a 'megson style bust up' with the chairman over transfers....which led to him being sacked

11 hours ago, Royal_D said:

And ?  How’s that worked out for the integrity of the competition?? Having a team in the competition just to make up the numbers essentially innit 

So what punishment would you offer then other than sporting sanctions?

Just not bothered...

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

So what punishment would you offer then other than sporting sanctions?

Id rather have anything than a -21 points deduction, what’s even point in turning up and playing  , may as well give auto relegation out than have a team on -21 

Look at Bolton this season, absolute laughing stock 

Guest LittleG
12 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

You know what's coming.  We'll get a deduction that will fall in to next year.  We'll end up staying up by 1 point more than the deduction and end up starting on minus points next year. :ghoulguy:

Even worse is if we go down this season, start next with a points deduction and end up struggling to avoid relegation to fecking div 2.

It really has come to something when our entire season is hinging on decisions made in the courts, I honestly didn’t see it coming to this.

Absolutely pathetic!!

I’m now constantly finding myself checking into Owlstalk on my phone 2/3 times an hour just to see if any news has come out on this, I’ve been like this for at least a month.

If I was a fan of another club I'd absolutely want us to suffer if found guilty. There's not much point of a 12 point deduction if it makes no difference to our season.

As it stands, 12 points looks as if it will relegate us.

If we get hit with a point deduction next season, rather than this due to a legal challenge that it transpires was never going to succeed..... that would be another great decision by our leadership which will fatally damage yet another season

Lower ticket sales, lower income will follow further damaging the club..... great

UPDATE

Clarification on #SWFC’s EFL charge. There’s no points deduction deadline in the event of an independent commission.

Believe the March cut off only applies to insolvency/administration. So the process is still ongoing, there’s nothing to update, same situation for Derby too.

Owlstalk Shop

I blame every individual at the football club. Chansiri, Monk, back room staff, the players. They must take the brunt of the responsibility. On the pitch, the players are proving that they are gutless and have no desire. You would hope that they would take pride for their careers and the club who are paying their wages. Evidentially this is not the case.

Since Christmas Day, we have been falling off a cliff and seems no way of stopping this. We need the EFL hearing to be resolved as soon as possible to know what hand with are left with for remainder of the season.

The name Amadeu Paixao keeps coming up. A man who doesn’t speak but seems to control everything the club does through Chansiri. Not sure of his end game but he is not doing what is right for the club and is only there for personal gain and self interests. Another worry is usually when fans need clarity, Chansiri arranges a fans meeting. This hasn’t happened for a while and the silence is deafening. No communication and fans are simply left in the dark. Fans who turn up, home and away, to watch a team who seem uninterested and playing with zero confidence. Supporting a club, though the good or bad, should be a great experience and highlight of the week. Currently, house chores seem more desirable these days.

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

UPDATE

Clarification on #SWFC’s EFL charge. There’s no points deduction deadline in the event of an independent commission.

Believe the March cut off only applies to insolvency/administration. So the process is still ongoing, there’s nothing to update, same situation for Derby too.

Wtf is going on then

39 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

I blame every individual at the football club. Chansiri, Monk, back room staff, the players. They must take the brunt of the responsibility. On the pitch, the players are proving that they are gutless and have no desire. You would hope that they would take pride for their careers and the club who are paying their wages. Evidentially this is not the case.

Since Christmas Day, we have been falling off a cliff and seems no way of stopping this. We need the EFL hearing to be resolved as soon as possible to know what hand with are left with for remainder of the season.

The name Amadeu Paixao keeps coming up. A man who doesn’t speak but seems to control everything the club does through Chansiri. Not sure of his end game but he is not doing what is right for the club and is only there for personal gain and self interests. Another worry is usually when fans need clarity, Chansiri arranges a fans meeting. This hasn’t happened for a while and the silence is deafening. No communication and fans are simply left in the dark. Fans who turn up, home and away, to watch a team who seem uninterested and playing with zero confidence. Supporting a club, though the good or bad, should be a great experience and highlight of the week. Currently, house chores seem more desirable these days.

Oh, and get get your 10 year Season ticket.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

You’d expect to hear something soonish with Birmingham having their charges overturned on Friday. 

I don’t think the EFL will hesitate once the appeals done and dusted.

What if there is a legal challenge to any decision or are we bound by the result of the arbitration panel

Edited by akbuk

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

UPDATE

Headline in The Sheffield Star Online but I cant read it because I've reached my monthly viewing, Can someone copy and paste the article please.

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

That " independent panel " will have been " guided " already. 

Independent, when they have to state it you know it is not.

Bit like free and fair vote, like the ones they used to have in central America.