EFL Judgement deadline - Last Tuesday in March

If the EFL can’t impose it this season ,but gave us a points deduction for next season that would have relegated us this season there’s gonna be absolute metdown from the 3 who do go down 

They have to deal with it this season surely 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

If the EFL can’t impose it this season ,but gave us a points deduction for next season that would have relegated us this season there’s gonna be absolute metdown from the 3 who do go down 

you’d think so ... but if DC is doing one good thing ... it’s running down the clock ... alas we know how we are in the dying embers 

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes

11 minutes ago, striker said:

Assume the charges hearing assuming EFL win arbitration hearing. Otherwise no case to answer

Yes, but it ties into the process, which is important as I assume there's no chance of getting any charges hearing concluded within three weeks.

12 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Personally, I think we will hear something this week. 

we may hear something on the arbitration over the lawfulness of the charges this season ... I cannot see how the conclusion of the charges can take place in the remaining time frame (similar also occurring re derby)

5 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

we may hear something on the arbitration over the lawfulness of the charges this season ... I cannot see how the conclusion of the charges can take place in the remaining time frame (similar also occurring re derby)

Forgot there’s Derby as well, who could still make play offs 

Reyt mess for the EFL this , gonna be counter claims flying about all over shop 

1 minute ago, Animis said:

Yes, but it ties into the process, which is important as I assume there's no chance of getting any charges hearing concluded within three weeks.

Fair point. Long way to go yet, arbitration first, then hearing, then appeals. 

I think the most likely chance of resolving this season is a compromised punishment which doesn't affect our league status. Similar to Birmingham, given a points deduction at a point in the season when safe and not likely to see them relegated. 

The longer arbitration goes on, the more confident I become (probably misplaced) that we will win, or evidence enough mitigation for a token punishment. 

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

That is a good point. Whoever finishes third from bottom would be well aggrieved if it would have been us instead. 

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

You'd rather start next season in negative than take a points deduction that doesn't get us relegated this season?

I didn’t read your post like that (I mis-read the part where you said end up staying up by 1 point more than the deduction would have been) 

my bad 

yes, your post scenario would be typical 

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes

Having a team start a season on -21 is making an absolute mockery of the competition , not saying it’s ok to break rules but there has to be a better way of dealing with it than that 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Having a team start a season on -21 is making an absolute mockery of the competition , not saying it’s ok to break rules but there has to be a better way of dealing with it than that 

Why?  It's happened loads of times with clubs going in to admin.

Just not bothered...

Guest mkowl

I presume the argument about whether there is a legal case against the EFL for our "legitimate expectation" has to be completed first. I suspect there is no set time frame for this as its effectively a civil case.

Just now, mattitheowl said:

Why?  It's happened loads of times with clubs going in to admin.

And ?  How’s that worked out for the integrity of the competition?? Having a team in the competition just to make up the numbers essentially innit 

For the good of both us and football in general it must happen this season. I don’t know if that’s realistic though to be honest.

All the talk about starting afresh next year would be undermined if we go into the season with a points penalty. 

And agree with those who think the team who finished third from bottom this year will kick off massively if we’re seen as somehow getting away with it.

If Chansiri was, as some believe, just using stalling tactics in the hope we’d get promotion first and escape jurisdiction then now promotion is off the table we desperately need to learn our fate and get on with life.

Edited by paulrs