EFL Judgement deadline - Last Tuesday in March

9 minutes ago, striker said:

Fair point. Long way to go yet, arbitration first, then hearing, then appeals. 

I think the most likely chance of resolving this season is a compromised punishment which doesn't affect our league status. Similar to Birmingham, given a points deduction at a point in the season when safe and not likely to see them relegated. 

The longer arbitration goes on, the more confident I become (probably misplaced) that we will win, or evidence enough mitigation for a token punishment. 

I've thought this for a while now.

Whilst I'll be pleased and hopefully we can move on, I hope DC takes it as a near miss and changes his behavior and plans.

26 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

If the EFL can’t impose it this season ,but gave us a points deduction for next season that would have relegated us this season there’s gonna be absolute metdown from the 3 who do go down 

They have to deal with it this season surely 

Thats why if we’re found guilty it WILL be applied this season, can you imagine if it’s not and Middlesbrough go down. 

1 minute ago, BrucieBonus said:

Thats why if we’re found guilty it WILL be applied this season, can you imagine if it’s not and Middlesbrough go down. 

Not unless the decision is reached before 31st it won’t 

15 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

That is a good point. Whoever finishes third from bottom would be well aggrieved if it would have been us instead. 

I've no doubt that Barnsley especially will be very angry indeed if our impending points deduction starts from next season instead of the present one if we are found guilty of breaking rules..:tango:

Edited by parkfieldowl14

Just now, parkfieldowl14 said:

I've no doubt that Barnsley especially will be very angry indeed if our impending points deduction starts from next season instead of the present one if we are found guilty of breaking rules..:tango:

And can’t say I would disagree with them, Barnsley or anyone else for that matter 

6 minutes ago, paulrs said:

For the good of both us and football in general it must happen this season. I don’t know if that’s realistic though to be honest.

All the talk about starting afresh next year would be undermined if we go into the season with a points penalty. 

And agree with those who think the team who finished third from bottom this year will kick off massively if we’re seen as somehow getting away with it.

If Chansiri was, as some believe, just using stalling tactics in the hope we’d get promotion first and escape jurisdiction then now promotion is off the table we desperately need to learn our fate and get on with life.

We could oblige by finishing 3rd last ourselves.:ph34r:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

And can’t say I would disagree with them, Barnsley or anyone else for that matter 

tbh,i think Barnsley and the other bottom two teams will have every right to feel aggrieved if they go down and we stop up if the points deduction starts next season and not the present one.:tango:

Edited by parkfieldowl14

We should also remember that the club can appeal any charges outcome - not sure if this would affect the end of March deadline:

94.3 Any party wishing to bring a Disciplinary Appeal must, within 14 days of the making of the final order by the Disciplinary Commission (or such other shorter time period as ordered in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 92.5), serve on The League and any other party to the original proceedings:

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The process is ongoing but a ruling has to be made before the last Tuesday in March for it to come into place this season

Rob Staton

Hope you have performance mode ready Neil for the ensuing Meltdown 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Hope you have performance mode ready Neil for the ensuing Meltdown 

Could try giving it a whirl for a normal match day nevermind owt else 

50 minutes ago, paulrs said:

If Chansiri was, as some believe, just using stalling tactics in the hope we’d get promotion first and escape jurisdiction then now promotion is off the table we desperately need to learn our fate and get on with life.

Sadly he/we can’t have our cake and eat it (agree with your sentiment though)