EFL Judgement deadline - Last Tuesday in March

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Have a feeling they will deduct points enough points to punish us but not relegate us.

EFL want to be seen to be doing something but know if it relegates us they will be in court forever more with Chansiri.

"They" is an independent 3 person disciplinary commission, one of whom is appointed by us

5 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I can only assume that the EFL considering these matters is composed of a committee of some kind, with lawyers advising .

How frequently do they meet, or are they permanently employed?

If the first, what a way to run an organisation. If the latter, surely they should have reached a conclusion.by now.

And to think that such an organisation hold in their hands, the futures of football clubs, fans, owners and employers. 

Currently we're in arbitration, challenging the lawfulness of the EFL charges:

98 Appointing the Arbitrators

98.1 Subject to Regulation 98.6, the League Arbitration Panel shall comprise 3 members.

98.2 Within 14 days of service of the Notice of Arbitration, each party shall serve written notice on The League and all other parties to the arbitration of the details of the individual they wish to appoint to act as an arbitrator in the arbitration requested.  Any nominee must be:

98.2.1 a solicitor of no less than 10 years’ admission or a barrister of no less than 10 years’ call; and

98.2.2 independent of the party appointing him and able to render an impartial decision.

98.3 Within 14 days of service of the Notice of Arbitration The League shall appoint (or shall ask the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (or such other body as appointed by the Board from time to time) if The League is a party) to appoint) the third arbitrator who shall be a legally qualified person who shall sit as chairperson.

98.4 If a party refuses or fails to appoint an arbitrator when it is obliged to do so in accordance with these Regulations the Board (or the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (or such other body as appointed by the Board from time to time) if The League is a party) shall make the appointment giving notice in writing to that effect to each party.

98.5 Members of a League Arbitration Panel shall be entitled to receive from The League a reasonable sum by way of fees and expenses, as determined by the Board from time to time.  Where a party seeks to appoint an individual whose costs exceed those determined by the Board, that party will be responsible for any additional fees and expenses in any event, and such excess amounts cannot be the subject of an order for costs under any circumstances.

98.6 Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 98.1, the parties shall be at liberty to appoint a single arbitrator (who must be qualified in accordance with Regulation 98.2.1) in which case written notice of such agreement shall be provided to The League.  This Section of these Regulations shall thereafter be interpreted on the basis that the League Arbitration Panel comprises a single arbitrator who shall undertake the duties of the chairperson.

source: Arbitration

If we lose and the charges are judged to be lawful we'll be before a Disciplinary Commission.

90 Constitution of Disciplinary Commissions

90.1 Subject to Regulation 90.2, the parties to proceedings before a Disciplinary Commission shall be:

90.1.1 The League (the ‘Claimant’); and

90.1.2 the Club, Official, Player or other individual (in each case current or former) allegedly in breach of these Regulations (the ‘Respondent’),

90.2 Where the proceedings are an appeal against a strict liability penalty in accordance with Regulation 87.2, the party lodging the Appeal will be the Claimant, and The League shall be the Respondent.

90.3 A Disciplinary Commission shall consist of:

90.3.1 a chairperson who shall be either:

(a) a qualified solicitor or barrister; or

(b) a ‘member’ or ‘fellow’ of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators,

in either case with at least 5 years post-qualification experience who shall be appointed independently by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (or such other body as the Board may from time to time determine); and

90.3.2 two suitably qualified side members one of whom shall be selected by the Claimant and the other (subject to Regulation 90.4), by the Respondent

Source: Disciplinary

• Thanks 3

On 08/03/2020 at 21:16, BrucieBonus said:

Thats why if we’re found guilty it WILL be applied this season, can you imagine if it’s not and Middlesbrough go down. 

Be a right laugh.lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

That " independent panel " will have been " guided " already. 

They don't seem to be guided by the EFL. They are much more lenient than EFL would like.

If and when we are deducted points and probably relegated im sure there will still be people on here sticking up for DC. If we end up going down it will be a disaster, going down with a point deduction would be completely the fault of DC thinking he was smarter than the powers that be. This club back in league one would be pathetic, embarrassing, unacceptable. Certain people on here seem to be okay with the very real possibility we will go down, if these fans really are fans and want the best for the club I find that view baffling. I honestly don’t think I would put another penny in to the club while DC was still the owner. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Anybody know the TV viewing figures for individual teams. 

Be interesting if Sky get involved with this, looks like the EFL are going to lose Leeds this season which surely has the biggest TV Audience for Sky. Wednesday must be in the top 3 for fans tuning in for televised matches. 

It will hit Sky's pocket aswell if we get relegated. 

5 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

Be interesting if Sky get involved with this, looks like the EFL are going to lose Leeds this season which surely has the biggest TV Audience for Sky. Wednesday must be in the top 3 for fans tuning in for televised matches. 

Can't imagine the thoughts of Sky would have any bearing to anything.

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The more I’ve been thinking about this and how DC behaves the more I would be shocked if we are found not guilty of this. I’m going to be so pi$$ed off if this club is in league one next season because of DC. 

You'd be shocked if some foooker had pancakes on ash wednesday..:biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

If and when we are deducted points and probably relegated im sure there will still be people on here sticking up for DC. If we end up going down it will be a disaster, going down with a point deduction would be completely the fault of DC thinking he was smarter than the powers that be. This club back in league one would be pathetic, embarrassing, unacceptable. Certain people on here seem to be okay with the very real possibility we will go down, if these fans really are fans and want the best for the club I find that view baffling. I honestly don't think I would put another penny into the club while DC was still the owner. 

Well just who are really fans then?

You or them?:wacko:

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The more I’ve been thinking about this and how DC behaves the more I would be shocked if we are found not guilty of this. I’m going to be so pi$$ed off if this club is in league one next season because of DC. 

We will batter the EFL through legal means and tie them up in so much red tape they darent rule against us as it would cost them so much time and money

Owlstalk Shop

If and when we are deducted points and probably relegated im sure there will still be people on here sticking up for DC. If we end up going down it will be a disaster, going down with a point deduction would be completely the fault of DC thinking he was smarter than the powers that be. This club back in league one would be pathetic, embarrassing, unacceptable. Certain people on here seem to be okay with the very real possibility we will go down, if these fans really are fans and want the best for the club I find that view baffling. I honestly don’t think I would put another penny in to the club while DC was still the owner. 

DC has made some big mistakes I agree. However, we've been pathetic, embarrassing and unacceptable before. It doesn't stop me being a Wednesday fan - even though I don't want us to go down and I do want what's best for the club. It's not OK but I can't control it unfortunately so I have to live with the possibility.

If you think we (or you) are too good for League 1, then stop going - that's fine. And thanks for telling everyone. 

1 hour ago, Adam1867 said:

Scraping the barrel there mate.

Clutching at straws.

And any others i can't think of at mo

I’m a Wednesday fan, not a fan of DC. If found guilty I wouldn’t be willing to pay in to the club while he is still in charge. 

Myself, my family and thousands of others are not fans of D.C..

We will, however, continue to pay to watch our team regardless.:ghoulguy:

• Thanks 1