Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

6 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

If my memory serves me correct we signed him for £750k and sold him for £1.5m.

I don't think a £750k profit can count as a success!

Didn't we have a sell on fee as well ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Did we develop Brunt as a player or did he just understand what he needed to do to make the most of his talent?

The second part of your sentence is the definition of developing a player...

4 minutes ago, 1/10/1983 said:

The second part of your sentence is the definition of developing a player...

My point was that It was probably self development rather than development by us. IE the penny dropped when Boro let him go and he realised that he could cut it at our level

Credit to him

14 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

My point was that It was probably self development rather than development by us. IE the penny dropped when Boro let him go and he realised that he could cut it at our level

Credit to him

After watching us this season I’m pretty convinced I could cut it at our level.

22 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Credit to him

You could say that about every single player ever then. 

34 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Credit to him

i would credit Sturrock for improving him.

Still remember him talking about Brunt looking great for 10 minutes that he spends on the ball and dissapearing when off it, how he will kick that out of him and turn him into better player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Think we have seen a fair few without either the awareness or the ability at s6 over the years

As have every club ever as well. 

You csnt say oh that club develops players, but the players at that club he just worked hard so wanted it. Players who make it will generally all work their nuts off

20 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

And then what? Pocket the money?

Was the Norwich plan to yo-yo between the two leagues and make money by selling players and winning promotion again? A risky strategy isn’t it? What were they going to do with that money earned because last season when they had the opportunity to invest that money the didn’t and as a result got relegated. So IF they manage to get promotion again next season will they then invest the money into the squad to ensure they don’t get relegated and if they did why didn’t they just do that in the first place and not get relegated first time?

Whichever way you slice it, Norwich messed it up and let down their fans. If we were ever lucky enough to be in that position I would hate for us to waste the opportunity like they did.

First part of the season they got some good results. If they do get promoted again then they will be in a better position to invest. 

Weather or not Farke is the man to attract the better players is a different matter. 

3 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

If my memory serves me correct we signed him for £750k and sold him for £1.5m.

I don't think a £750k profit can count as a success!

We also got money from a sell-on clause, which added up to an extra million or so, I believe.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

We are totally screwed. Nobody decent is going to join us now. Would have been better going down.