Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

11 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Any names from the U23 that you think be making up the majority of the squad? 

Whoever’s in the building 

Really hope I’m wrong , I honestly do , but I don’t see us attracting players with -12 and court cases all over place 

Whoever’s manager has a monumental task on his hands 

3 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

The Star article now saying we lead the chase to sign Garner but can’t see that still being true now. 

Attracting players is going to be very difficult.  Hopefully Monk has some hidden charisma that players want to come and play for.   

A loan probably not as difficult as they now know they would still be getting championship football for a season. 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Really hope I’m wrong , I honestly do , but I don’t see us attracting players with -12 and court cases all over place 

Don’t give him another excuse

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Don’t give him another excuse

Hopefully it ain’t him, but whoever it is , some task on his hands 

Attracting loan players will be much easier than securing players on permanent deals. Loan players will only come for probably 6 or 12 months so the points deduction will have no bearing as they’ll be gone at the end if it. Permanent signings may well be thinking they could be playing League One football the season after next.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Well you are, so that’s ok. You can’t make a majority of a squad with u23 when you don’t have enough players in U23 to make up the majority of the squad. 

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

Troy Parrott signs for Millwall. Wouldn’t have minded him here. 

On top of securing Ryan Woods for another season , good business by Rowett..........ah well.

I thought he was dead? Perhaps he's just been resting..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Well you are, so that’s ok. You can’t make a majority of a squad with u23 when you don’t have enough players in U23 to make up the majority of the squad. 

Fair play I wasn’t aware how short on numbers we were in the u23’s

I’m fairly confident the bulk of our business will be shopping around PL clubs U23’s who just want a crack at the championship, hopefully we get lucky and land a few gems 

6 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

Attracting loan players will be much easier than securing players on permanent deals. Loan players will only come for probably 6 or 12 months so the points deduction will have no bearing as they’ll be gone at the end if it. Permanent signings may well be thinking they could be playing League One football the season after next.

I wouldn't want to be signing anyone who thought that. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Troy Parrott signs for Millwall. Wouldn’t have minded him here. 

On top of securing Ryan Woods for another season , good business by Rowett..........ah well.

Good business. Remember seeing woods at Brentford a couple of years ago and thought he stood out.... Might just have been our midfield that made him looked good but remember thinking he looked a good lad. 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Does anyone know when pre season training starts? Be nice to have some more new signings in place for the start of that. Give the squad as much time as possible together so new signings aren’t weeks behind. 

I think Dom Howson said it was the 13th August. I'm not expecting anymore signings before then. I'd be very surprised if we signed another 2 or 3 before the season starts TBH?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think Dom Howson said it was the 13th August. I'm not expecting anymore signings before then. I'd be very surprised if we signed another 2 or 3 before the season starts TBH?

We need the players now ! All our targets need to be in place before the season starts. If we don’t get them we will be in a bigger pickle than we are now !   UTO 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Always the negative

I don’t think he’s being negative, more realistic in my view.

Starting the season on minus 12 will mean potential new signings may think twice about joining us and may want to fully explore other options before committing to the club. This’ll no doubt delay any incomings into the club.

• Like 1