Are we all over reacting slightly?

Players not fit to wear the shirt.

Sack Monk.

Players not trying.

Not getting another season ticket.

Everyone needs selling and a brand new squad for next season.

As Wednesday fans we’ve seen some very poor teams over the years, are we really that bad now? Or are we just on a bad run? 

I know Huddersfield and Barnsley fans that saw a video of the crowds reaction last night and they couldn’t believe it.

• Haha 2

We are certainly not over reacting for the reasons been ;

- we were promised free flowing attacking football 

- we pay the highest ticket prices for a second division football team in the world 

- we have a manager who plays one of his best players at LWB

- a manager who writes us off, the day after the deadline for season ticket renewals 

- 2 of our best players currently banished from the squad 

- a chairman who is anonymous at making critical footballing decisions 

- we have a team of players who cba to run through brick walls 

- our neighbours across the city are chasing a champions league football only a few years after we mocked them for been a pub team 

do you want me to continue?

feel free to add....

WAWAW

• Like 2

Frustrations run high. Paying a fair amount of money to watch Wednesday playing away only to see the team being unable to keep the ball, pass to a colleague, control it etc, etc quite frankly pees you off.

Last night was abysmal and it’s a procession of very poor, inept and pathetic efforts at trying to play pro football.

If that’s them trying then God help us. Monk is over his head, players are unhappy, I guess, players ostracised, oh and FF playing in a ridiculous position adds up to fans feeling ripped off. 

Years of failure

Months of awful performances, recently against such poor opposition

The feeling of de-ja-vu and inevitable collapse

But almost the worst of the lot - a horrible habit of simply letting fans down. Time and time and time again. 

Same old Wednesday. Always flatter to deceive and serve up far more tripe to a huge fanbase which deserves so much more for the money they pay and the standards the club tells us they're meant to be aiming for.

Other fans looking in might think we're overreacting, but they just see the league table and dont see the ugly mess in the background.

i expect them to be able to tackle without giving away a free kick everytime. I expect them to try and win a header. I expect them not to have a free kick 30 yards from goal and pass it back to our keeper. I expect the defence to talk to each other instead of blindly pinging the ball across the back.

Maybe im expecting too much from this level?

I think what fans expect is the players giving their all for 90 minutes every week. Start of the season, it looked like we were building something. Now it seems they can’t even be bothered.

I will happily support a team who got relegated if they gave it their all. Luton will probably go down but at least the team are giving it a go. We look like we are on the beach. I wish I was. 

It's less perspective it's more pride. Unfortunately decisions made from the top all the way through to certain sections of the fanbase has eroded our name both within and outside our club.

This isn't me saying that those fans are wrong, misguided etc. Everyone is free to Express themselves how they wish. 

My point is, for anyone not connected to our club, there is not currently 1 positive to draw from and added to current love in from the media for the piggies, there is only one way of feeling and that's embarrassment in the way the club is representing itself.

• Like 1

That’s the form table over last 10 games and we’ve played some right dross in those games 

we are sliding down the table 

it’s not 1-5 games it’s over half of monks games in charge 

over reacting no it’s there in front of us 

09EAAB83-036B-4FE0-9C7D-DC8BEF20FD5D.png

• Thanks 1

I don’t necessarily agree with sacking Monk but the displeasure levelled at the players is absolutely deserved....

The same squad of players that can put in the effort when they want 

The same squad of players that seemingly pull out results in the FA cup

the same squad of players that can get us to third place come Christmas and drop like a stone afterwards because seemingly most have spat their dummy out with Monk because he RIGHTLY putting them in their place 

the fact that we’re the most expensive to go and watch just tops it all off tbh

and we wonder why some Wednesdayites are now genuinely going ‘nah can’t be bothered now’.  What’s been served up as ‘entertainment’ now is some of the worst football I’ve EVER seen, it’s complete testicles 

No, we are not. 

The results are poor, but in many ways the level of performance (or lack thereof) should be of great concern to any Wednesday fan. 

We are incapable of doing the absolute basics right now and are bereft of confidence and, yes, dare I say it, effort too. 

It is not good enough. 

Sick the the back teeth of this club taking the pi55 time and time again. 

Absolute waster the whole lot of them.