Are we all over reacting slightly?

4 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Do you believe Carlos made those signings and gave the contracts out?

Carlos chose the players,the rest was DC

He could have said Ferk it no,lets bring in loans,but DC trusted his manager,WHO didnt like loaning players

Edited by legendaryswan

2 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Carlos chose the players,the rest was DC

Not convinced Carlos chose Rhodes, Urby and a few others. Or gave out all the big contracts to the players we already had.

If DC was listening to Carlos on signings who’s fault are they? And why has DC never appointed anyone to make signings, player sales and do the deals? Carlos is a coach, he’s not responsible for transfer fees and player wages 

5 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

We are certainly not over reacting for the reasons been ;

- we were promised free flowing attacking football 

- we pay the highest ticket prices for a second division football team in the world 

- we have a manager who plays one of his best players at LWB

- a manager who writes us off, the day after the deadline for season ticket renewals 

- 2 of our best players currently banished from the squad 

- a chairman who is anonymous at making critical footballing decisions 

- we have a team of players who cba to run through brick walls 

- our neighbours across the city are chasing a champions league football only a few years after we mocked them for been a pub team 

do you want me to continue?

feel free to add....

WAWAW

4 hours ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

A fool and his money are soon parted...

I reckon he would feel foolish, but he's just too busy having fun right now.

3 hours ago, tarn owl said:

Yes, it's owlstalk and 2020. Every manager is only given a matter of weeks before minds are made up. It's got worse since we made the playoffs. Any manager needs 3 or 4 windows and a chance to build a new team. This squad is still suffering from transfer mistakes of the past and until we remove the deadwood we won't have a promotion team. That was same under Jos, Bruce, Bullen, and now Monk. The effects of spending our entire budget on Rhodes, abdi, Jones and van aken and having no sellable assets are being shown. The club has to be run different from now. Give someone time to do that. 

You don’t have to finish a sh1tty meal to know it doesn’t taste right. 

I think we've forgotten how to pass and move due to our hoof ball tactics.

We got away with it when Fletcher was fit, but we now have zero heading ability up front. it's a dumb tactic and I know we don't have the best midfielders in the world, plus we miss Hutch, Luongo and Reach, but you must be able to cobble together a decent passing midfield with Lee, Bannan. FF, Windyass, Murphy and Harris.

I was all for giving Monk some time, but I'm not so sure anymore, the 3-2-5 formation in the second half on Wednesday was very Irvinesque.

He's desperate for a result, I can understand that, his job's on the line, but he's unravelling in front of our eyes imo.

1 minute ago, nilsson said:

Not convinced Carlos chose Rhodes, Urby and a few others. Or gave out all the big contracts to the players we already had.

If DC was listening to Carlos on signings who’s fault are they? And why has DC never appointed anyone to make signings, player sales and do the deals? Carlos is a coach, he’s not responsible for transfer fees and player wages 

Watch the fans forum vid,DC says it was the managers choice,CC liked to make his own choices,why did the partnership,with Pearson and Roeder break up so quickly?Because the manager wanted the final say,we lost out on Woods AND Vardy because the manager never heard of them,the combined cost was 6.5M,but Carlos wanted FF,Chansiri was sucked off by CC,he fell for the charm and it got worse the season after

7 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Watch the fans forum vid,DC says it was the managers choice,CC liked to make his own choices,why did the partnership,with Pearson and Roeder break up so quickly?Because the manager wanted the final say,we lost out on Woods AND Vardy because the manager never heard of them,the combined cost was 6.5M,but Carlos wanted FF,Chansiri was sucked off by CC,he fell for the charm and it got worse the season after

DC also said he bought Rhodes because the fans were clamouring for him That doesn’t sound like a particularly targeted approach to recruitment. Don’t believe for one minute, Carlos hadn’t heard of Vardy, yet supposedly knew all about Wiggins 

Think we can tell from the managers reaction to certain new arrivals, that recruitment was probably down to others

7 hours ago, nilsson said:

Urby...,.......

Still baffles me

:unsure:

12 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

We are certainly not over reacting for the reasons been ;

- we were promised free flowing attacking football 

- we pay the highest ticket prices for a second division football team in the world 

- we have a manager who plays one of his best players at LWB

- a manager who writes us off, the day after the deadline for season ticket renewals 

- 2 of our best players currently banished from the squad 

- a chairman who is anonymous at making critical footballing decisions 

- we have a team of players who cba to run through brick walls 

- our neighbours across the city are chasing a champions league football only a few years after we mocked them for been a pub team 

do you want me to continue?

feel free to add....

WAWAW

Top prices for top football..... Wonder when I'll see this top football promised. Been missing since 16/17

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

DC also said he bought Rhodes because the fans were clamouring for him That doesn’t sound like a particularly targeted approach to recruitment. Don’t believe for one minute, Carlos hadn’t heard of Vardy, yet supposedly knew all about Wiggins 

Think we can tell from the managers reaction to certain new arrivals, that recruitment was probably down to others

Worrying if thats the case.

Our largest financial outlay and commitment in years because the fans wanted it.

What else do we want?

13 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Players not fit to wear the shirt.

Sack Monk.

Players not trying.

Not getting another season ticket.

Everyone needs selling and a brand new squad for next season.

As Wednesday fans we’ve seen some very poor teams over the years, are we really that bad now? Or are we just on a bad run? 

I know Huddersfield and Barnsley fans that saw a video of the crowds reaction last night and they couldn’t believe it.

It's the ever-present sense of entitlement, just the same reactions with Sunderland and Newcastle up where I live.  Compounded by the other Sheffield club and Leeds doing better.  Yes, it kills me too, but it's not like it's not happened before.  Doesn't happen with non-big city clubs not playing well in the same way, hence your Hudders and Barnsley comments.  Will take a real leap of faith for a purchaser, if Chansiri walks.

We are a mid-table second division team, just like so many said at the start of the season.  But we have beaten Brighton, Leeds and QPR away recently, so there must be hope if they can get the mental side right...

7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Surely,in any business,when you fail to hit your targets or achieve your goals,you analyse where youve gone wrong,look at where the weaknesses are,whats changes need making.

How can anyone fail to recognise the total lunacy that is our transfer policy?

4 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Surely,in any business,when you fail to hit your targets or achieve your goals,you analyse where youve gone wrong,look at where the weaknesses are,whats changes need making.

Because we don't review performance. We don't have a plan. The club meanders along aimlessly subject to DC even being in the country.

Apparently.

10 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Anyone who could comment on success/failure isnt there anymore

20 hours ago, darklord said:

i expect them to be able to tackle without giving away a free kick everytime. I expect them to try and win a header. I expect them not to have a free kick 30 yards from goal and pass it back to our keeper. I expect the defence to talk to each other instead of blindly pinging the ball across the back.

Maybe i'm expecting too much from this level?

You forgot, 'I expect them to be able to take a throw in'. Have you ever seen a professional side take worse throw ins than us? It boils my urine!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Years of failure

Months of awful performances, recently against such poor opposition

The feeling of de-ja-vu and inevitable collapse

But almost the worst of the lot - a horrible habit of simply letting fans down. Time and time and time again. 

Same old Wednesday. Always flatter to deceive and serve up far more tripe to a huge fanbase which deserves so much more for the money they pay and the standards the club tells us they're meant to be aiming for.

Other fans looking in might think we're overreacting, but they just see the league table and dont see the ugly mess in the background.

I agree with all this and to the original poster, we haven't come to a decision about not renewing our ST overnight.

I just cannot continue going to watch that week in week out.  

My other half works with a Stoke fan and he couldn't believe the prices we pay, and they get free away travel as well if you have a ticket.

Enoughs enough and I love this club.

16 hours ago, nilsson said:

Do you believe Carlos made those signings and gave the contracts out?

Dont matter how much there were paid , carlos signed ageing players and abused and grossfully wasted money on disasterous signings . Do you think steve bruce would have filled the squad up with ageing rubbish? . And good managers dont just sign players they look into if they fit in and loads of other attributes , wilder states this before they sign a player , shame we didnt get a weds man in who could have done a similar job to him. 

54 minutes ago, Owlstastic said:

You forgot, 'I expect them to be able to take a throw in'. Have you ever seen a professional side take worse throw ins than us? It boils my urine!

Corners arent far behind either. Saying that, our set pieces are all generally awful