Are we all over reacting slightly?

I've not lost all faith in Monk just yet, I can appreciate the mitigating factors which make his job harder. That said, managers are judged on results.

Players however are judged on performance, irrespective of who the manager is, to go onto a football pitch and not give everything for the club, fans is unacceptable. I've seen some disgraceful, pitiful excuses of performances this season from some of our players and my patience with them is wearing much thinner than it is with the manager.

• Like 1

Yes, it's owlstalk and 2020. Every manager is only given a matter of weeks before minds are made up. It's got worse since we made the playoffs. Any manager needs 3 or 4 windows and a chance to build a new team. This squad is still suffering from transfer mistakes of the past and until we remove the deadwood we won't have a promotion team. That was same under Jos, Bruce, Bullen, and now Monk. The effects of spending our entire budget on Rhodes, abdi, Jones and van aken and having no sellable assets are being shown. The club has to be run different from now. Give someone time to do that. 

• Like 1

Some thought others were over reacting when Wilson, Turner, Jewell, Yorath, Pleat, etc were managers.

And Richards and Allen as chairman making mistakes. 

It took us to nearly going out of business for those people to notice poo wasn’t right. 

I think it’s better to flag things up and be wrong sometimes, rather than not flag things up and it’s too late when it all goes wrong 

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, Silkstone Owl said:

The same squad of players that seemingly pull out results in the FA cup

the same squad of players that can get us to third place come Christmas and drop like a stone after

This is why I think the players know we have a points deduction coming.

The rot set into our club during the disasterous carlos the clown rein . Chansiri gave 100 million to a clown in crazy transfers/contracts to dead beats ,we are and have been paying for it for 3 years , we are so bad now i already know we are going down , sorry but this club is ruined , i have since the stoke game seen us this bad probably the 5 worst performances since the 1970s we could easily have lost by several goals to bottom 3 teams stoke, wigan ,luton . I know the deep rooted problem aint monk but ive also now lost faith in him ,no manager in the world can win football matches with bannan lee or cat in centre mid there is the problem , jos was boring but we were orgasised ,now im speechless how bad things have got. 

Just a thought but name me one manager who has not brought one member staff in to support him  Monk  does any intelligent swfc fan think that is his decision ,

Bruce started late but left Agnew and Clemence in charge  Monk is on his own  why We all no the answer the chairman or the Efl 

19 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

This is why I think the players know we have a points deduction coming.

What a strange suggestion.

Tell the respective legal representatives to stop work and go home. Stop the speculation in the press. It's all been decided already.

All rise for Lord Chief Justices Westwood and Hutchinson to deliver their verdict to the court.

:huh:

• Like 1

We charge the highest prices in the EFL

Could possibly be punished 21 points for over spending on rubbish

A manager out of his depth

A estate agent whose his coach

A chairman whose not got a clue 

A team of overpayed sh!t

And possibly could be relegated this season 

Ye everythings rosy 

We're just on a bad run 

FFS WAKE UP 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

We are certainly not over reacting for the reasons been ;

- we were promised free flowing attacking football 

- we pay the highest ticket prices for a second division football team in the world 

- we have a manager who plays one of his best players at LWB

- a manager who writes us off, the day after the deadline for season ticket renewals 

- 2 of our best players currently banished from the squad 

- a chairman who is anonymous at making critical footballing decisions 

- we have a team of players who cba to run through brick walls 

- our neighbours across the city are chasing a champions league football only a few years after we mocked them for been a pub team 

do you want me to continue?

feel free to add....

WAWAW

What?, haven't these 2 players ever let the team down, it was only the fact that Westwood was making basic mistakes that Dawson got his chance, how many clean sheets has Dawson kept in this recent run?, and Hutchinson is a joke in midfield, there is even a Tote on when he will get booked for his mistimed tackles, or sent off.

We have had that since Megson left, so it's nowt new.

It has taken them 20+ years to get there.

1 hour ago, Fanthams Budgie said:

Just a thought but name me one manager who has not brought one member staff in to support him  Monk  does any intelligent swfc fan think that is his decision ,

Bruce started late but left Agnew and Clemence in charge  Monk is on his own  why We all no the answer the chairman or the Efl 

Beatie will be hear in the summer, some thing to do with his contract at Brum, similar to the Pochetino situation at Spurs.

The thing is, when you go from 3rd to 12th in nine games and put in some of the displays we have been doing in a season where we've already chucked 20 points away from winning positions I think the fans have a right to be a bit p!ssed off with that. There a massive concerns on and off the field and while I agree not everything is broken it's reached than point where something needs to change within the club. The Luton result wasn't a surprise if you've watched us over the last few weeks, we offered nothing and when a side hasn't kept a clean sheet at home all season and we only manage one shot on target, that's not acceptable I'm afraid.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect play offs this season, I don't have high expectations of the club and this group of player but I feel as though we've reached a point where the fans have a right to heavily question the club and the owner. I'm one of those who does feel more often than not the fans overreact but this time it's fully justified.

4 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Players not fit to wear the shirt.

Sack Monk.

Players not trying.

Not getting another season ticket.

Everyone needs selling and a brand new squad for next season.

As Wednesday fans we’ve seen some very poor teams over the years, are we really that bad now? Or are we just on a bad run? 

I know Huddersfield and Barnsley fans that saw a video of the crowds reaction last night and they couldn’t believe it.

Yes, we are bad.

2 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

We charge the highest prices in the EFL

Could possibly be punished 21 points for over spending on rubbish

A manager out of his depth

A estate agent whose his coach

A chairman whose not got a clue 

A team of overpayed sh!t

And possibly could be relegated this season 

Ye everythings rosy 

We're just on a bad run 

FFS WAKE UP 

You missed out the 65M debt,with this seasons losses to add,the crumbling stadium with a pair of tights covering the away end,and 9 out of contract first teamers we cant afford to re sign.

Next season should be intresting

Edited by legendaryswan

8 minutes ago, james o connor said:

We aren’t reacting enough . Too many people seem to just accept the utter joke that is chansiris reign. 

So you're not going to accept it I assume?

What's on the agenda then? A buyout? Pitch invasion? Giving the chairman a slap? Dirty protest on Chansiri's desk? 

...or just doing a bit of chuntering on here?

Edited by DJMortimer

11 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

So you're not going to accept it I assume?

What's on the agenda then? A buyout? Pitch invasion? Giving the chairman a slap? Dirty protest on Chansiri's desk? 

...or just doing a bit of chuntering on here?

There is no agenda because the club are stuck with the baffoon. This forum is here to chunter or whatever else you see fit , after all it is designed to discuss all things Wednesday . 

For me , I’ll simply not bother watching the matches , I don’t care enough to do anything else. For you I’m guessing it’s keeping clapping come what may and anybody that disagrees should ‘get ta lane’ 

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

The rot set into our club during the disasterous carlos the clown rein . Chansiri gave 100 million to a clown in crazy transfers/contracts to dead beats ,we are and have been paying for it for 3 years , we are so bad now i already know we are going down , sorry but this club is ruined , i have since the stoke game seen us this bad probably the 5 worst performances since the 1970s we could easily have lost by several goals to bottom 3 teams stoke, wigan ,luton . I know the deep rooted problem aint monk but ive also now lost faith in him ,no manager in the world can win football matches with bannan lee or cat in centre mid there is the problem , jos was boring but we were orgasised ,now im speechless how bad things have got. 

Do you believe Carlos made those signings and gave the contracts out?

8 minutes ago, james o connor said:

There is no agenda because the club are stuck with the baffoon. This forum is here to chunter or whatever else you see fit , after all it is designed to discuss all things Wednesday . 

For me , I’ll simply not bother watching the matches , I don’t care enough to do anything else. For you I’m guessing it’s keeping clapping come what may and anybody that disagrees should ‘get ta lane’ 

Well its called reallity really mate,bloke owns the club,he can do what he wants,he chose to back Carlos after they got giddy at wembley,we spaffed 4 seasons wonga in one go and he wants us stump up that wonga with higher ticket prices so we dont fall through league one when hes rumbled,because weve no money for next season either,even if someone takes us over,its the same budget no matter what they have to spend,thems the rules bud