Manuel Hidalgo

I really don't like the idea of a 20 year old looking to play for the U-23's.

Personally I think the U-23's has given an inflated squad.

Surely when you get to the age of 19 you wan't to be playing first team football.

Hope he does well, doubt we will see him in first team action.

8 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

Clearly a world beater...

We know you can't judge a player from YouTube (Pecnic ahoy) and I'm not talking about his talent here but does anyone else think his gait when running looks like a young Michael Owen? The way he kind of sits into his stride when he runs just reminds me of him a bit.

Either way welcome aboard and if he's been signed by the people that brought in urogohide (spelling anyone?), Borner, Harris and Iorfa I've got some faith in their judgment

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PicsArt_12-20-07.01.08-1068x601.jpg

The halberd tango by Manuel Hidalgo

Discovering the young Argentine playmaker from Triestina

December 21 2018

After talking about the last free Lambrughi , today we return to Trieste to tell you the parable - present and future - of a footballer who is giving great football to the audience of Rocco. He is Manuel Hidalgo , an Argentine patent playmaker with an Italian passport born in 1999.

Manuel Federico Hidalgo Gasparini - this is the full name - was born in Olivos, a town of 70 thousand inhabitants in the province of Buenos Aires, on May 3, 1999. After a childhood spent in symbiosis with the ball - a congenital characteristic of every self-respecting Argentine - he arrives at Ferro Carril Oeste , the team from the barrio of Caballito where the 1986 world champion Oscar Garrè also played. The talent is there, the glue to keep the ball attached to the foot as well, and so our protagonist flies to Europe in 2016 to play in the Benfica youth team .

PicsArt_12-20-07.22.16-1024x512.jpg

Only one year in Lusitanian land and in 2017 he landed in Triestina , just returned to Serie C after two failures and 5 years of purgatory in the local championships. To bring him to Trieste at the end of the market is Mauro Milanese , already advocate in his experience as manager of Varese of the explosions of players such as Achraaf Lazaar, Aljaz Struna, Giuseppe De Luca and Andrea Barberis.

PicsArt_12-20-07.16.45-1024x732.jpg

In Trieste Hidalgo finds Giuseppe Sannino on the bench with his dogmatic 4-4-2, certainly not cast gold for a young and eclectic South American talent. Despite this, the Turin technician tries to throw him into the fray and gives him some race pieces where, however, Hidalgo is unable to affect. Still too immature or unsuitable to play outside the midfield at 4? Probably both. Thus, between one injury and another, Hidalgo ends up in the Berretti team where he is the man in charge of creating havoc in the opponent's defenses. He succeeds great in the challenge against Inter, when the young halberds come out defeated 3-2 but the Argentine makes the Nerazzurri defense go crazy in all senses and signs two goals of fine workmanship. In the first team, led in the meantime by Princivalli after Sannino's resignation,Hidalgo collects a total of 11 appearances for a total of 188 minutes . And an expulsion in the final minutes of the Teramo match, a tangible sign of a South American doc temperament.

The current season of Hidalgo seems to follow the same canvas, with an ankle injury that prevents him from being able to express himself and a few benches. The owner of that bench, however, has changed. At the helm of Triestina is Massimo Pavanel, chosen by Milanese mainly for two reasons. The first is his past as a player-flag of the Union, the second his five-year experience in the youth sector of Hellas Verona accompanied by encouraging results. So to Hidalgo just keep calm, always virtue of the strong , and wait for the right opportunity.

PicsArt_12-20-07.24.15-1024x512.jpg

The turning point, Triestina-Imolese

The big opportunity finally comes on December 1st. With the infirmary full, Triestina hosts the Imolese host of Dionisi. The Romagnoli perfectly sleep the game in the first half and thanks to Mirco Petrella's injury, in the second half Pavanel decides to give space to the young Argentine who with his technique can undermine and put in difficulty the highly organized defensive phase of the Romagna. No sooner said than done. Hidalgo constantly drunk the full-back guest Fiore and often creates the numerical superiority necessary to change the inertia of a game that then Triestina wins with a goal by Granoche on a penalty. The action-symbol of the Hidalgo game is at minute 66: recovery of the ball, pretense of body to evade two defenders and filtering low shot to send the striker in depth. During the final minutes, Triestina resists guest forcing with a good contribution from Hidalgo himself who often sacrifices himself to help his companions.

The confirmation, Triestina-Gubbio and Fermana-Triestina

After the exciting segment with the Romagna, Pavanel offers him the opportunity to leave among the eleven holders for the first time in the championship in his halberd experience. And also in this case, Hidalgo offers high level games such as a millimeter left-footed throw for Procaccio and some juggling spells to empty Eugubini's defenders. The same happens to Fermo in the next game, when Hidalgo enters the field to try to straighten a game where Triestina is at a disadvantage. The halberds are unable to reach the same, but beyond the negative result, Hidalgo still offers interesting ideas in front of the Ascoli observers who are curious to see him at work up close.

Triestina-Feralpi, tango in the middle of the defenders

The magic that really sends Rocco into raptures, however, comes in the last game played, the challenge at FeralpiSalò as well as the centenary game. Triestina, in ten, is leading 2-0 and Pavanel sends the boy back on the pitch with the task of keeping the team high and forcing to fold a Feralpi who is dangerously raising the center of gravity in search of a goal that could reopen the game . Hidalgo receives the coach's inputs and does his job perfectly. Useful in the defensive and exciting phase when he decides to send the Garda defenders crazy. Like at the 80th minute when it becomes the protagonist of the scene.Superfine technique and ardor, a condensate of pure Argentinity.

PicsArt_12-20-07.25.37-1024x718.jpg

Features that have not gone unnoticed in the eyes of professionals. A name that is quickly ending on the notebook of many teams. Ascoli above all, but Perugia, Pescara and Sassuolo also asked for information. In addition to those that will be added during construction.

Argentina has landed in Trieste. With a tango between the defenders and, in full compliance with the Albiceleste tradition, numerous nicknames. El Muleto , the dialectal equivalent of Niño , will be do

11 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I really don't like the idea of a 20 year old looking to play for the U-23's.

Personally I think the U-23's has given an inflated squad.

Surely when you get to the age of 19 you wan't to be playing first team football.

Hope he does well, doubt we will see him in first team action.

Maybe that's what he's been told to say, also lowers expectation of him being involved on saturday or the next few months. 

In fairness, he does state his ambition to play for the first team.

be good 1 day if we can fetch an outfield player out of u18 u23 who becomes a regular for 1st team . im surprised that we haven't had a complete overhall of our youth system its not fit for purpose and aint been since the 1970s when sterland smith shirtliffe came through ,since then just a handful and certainly no star. 

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

be good 1 day if we can fetch an outfield player out of u18 u23 who becomes a regular for 1st team . im surprised that we haven't had a complete overhall of our youth system its not fit for purpose and aint been since the 1970s when sterland smith shirtliffe came through ,since then just a handful and certainly no star. 

Vardy? :duntmatter:

2 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

That highlights video goes down hill very quickly and interesting to note:

• His team are generally always 1-0 down (or worse)
  • Not one assist on the highlight video
  • No goals

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manuel-hidalgo/leistungsdaten/spieler/534358/saison//plus/1#gesamt suggests he's literally NEVER scored or assisted a goal...

Still, good luck Manuel

Looks to have started just 3 times but never finished a game and played under 500 minutes in 2 years whilst creating zilch. Also missed 10 games through injury. 

30 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Looks to have started just 3 times but never finished a game and played under 500 minutes in 2 years whilst creating zilch. Also missed 10 games through injury. 

Dont disagree, he is a punt I would imagine. That said, its quite conceivable to take a 20 year old from an EPL side who has never played a minute of first team football. 

Indeed, if this lad had come directly from Benfica's youth team, perspective may be different?

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

This signing has Paxo written all over it, a player we have never heard of from an Italian third division team, I didn't even know Italy had a third division.

in the meantime we need first team players?

Does that make Borner a Paxo signing?  A player we'd never heard of from an unknown foreign 2nd Division side.  Not to shabby if he was.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Does that make Borner a Paxo signing?  A player we'd never heard of from an unknown foreign 2nd Division side.  Not to shabby if he was.

Indeed but have you watch any German second division games the standard of play is very good and is very similar in standard to the Championship in England.

The Italian 3rd division as I said did not know if that existed and I have look into the team we sign this guy from they were in the amateur leagues until 2017 when they got promoted to Serie C, The standard of the league by all accounts is not very strong. 

So yes Borner very good signing and solid payer, Hildigado (if that's right) I will be surprised if we every see him play a first team game, but as always I do hope I am wrong and he is a world beater.