Manuel Hidalgo

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Reach can play there aswell. Be amazed if we signed another midfielder.

Just because he can doesn’t mean he should! He’s wasted in the middle. 

We all know about Hutch’s fitness and disciplinary issues. I’d love Lee to be fit for every game between now and May but I wouldn’t put money on it happening. 

If we’re playing 4-3-3 then we’ve got 2 players for every position apart from CM and arguably LB. I agree that we probably won’t sign cover in either of those positions, but our squad does look a bit thin if Fox and/or more than one of Bannan, Lee and Luongo have to miss a few games

29 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

How much would that lot cost in terms of loan fees and wages?.

Get real.

Indeed - players that would improve us but we don't have any money. With all the cash we have spent this season. On the free agents in the summer, the loan sighing of Murphy and Bates and the £800k we spent on Luongo. I though we got £5m + add on for Joao, another £4m or so for the compensation for Bruce moving to Newcastle, add to that the savings we have made from last season with Abdi, Hooper, Jones, Boyd, Matias and Pudil asnd others leaving the club and the small fees we will have got for Thorniley and Baker.

I just wanted up to bring in proven championship quality players to improve us, or a player in Maddison that, if he can be half as good, as he is in league 1 he will be better than anything we currently have.

Instead we will be looking for loan signing players to give game time to help develop them, so they can go back to their parent clubs better players and hopefully help us until the end of the season. 

The thing is in the championship if you don't look to constantly improve your squad you get left behind, as in the summer we have all of our striker bar Rhodes out of contract, Fessi, Hutch, Fox, Dawson, Pelupessy, Lee all out of contract it leaves us very thin on the ground with players. Yes we are offering new contracts to Dawson and Fox which is a good move.

If we lose the EFL case we could well get placed under any embargo as well as a fine or pints deduction, if its an embargo it will apply to the next window which would be the summer so we will not be able to sign any players without the EFL approval. This is why I am pushing for good investment in this window instead we seem to be looking for loans and hoping its enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

At this point I am thinking of looking in the conference for any players as it would appear we are going very very cheap instead of signing the players we need.

Wickham would have been a good replacement for Fletcher as long as he stays fit, Chong from Man Utd would have been good for the right wing and central midfield someone such as Maddison (can also play on the wing) or Jonathon Kodija both can play central and out wide but it doesn't look like we have any money to spend on anyone until we sell or loan out more players.

Saw an interview with Shaun Dyche the other day on SSN. He said that fans have to realise that you can have all the money in the world but if the club don't want to loan you or sell you the player and if the players not interested there's not a lot you can do

1 minute ago, darra said:

Saw an interview with Shaun Dyche the other day on SSN. He said that fans have to realise that you can have all the money in the world but if the club don't want to loan you or sell you the player and if the players not interested there's not a lot you can do

indeed that is true, but if you offer the going rate or two bags of crisps and a packet of peanuts you have more change of getting players.

But take the Wickham possible loan a quote from everyone favour Journo - we are trying to get him on the cheap which may mean we miss out and he goes elsewhere, offer the going rate he could already be training with the team at Middlewood for Saturdays game 

4 minutes ago, darra said:

What does he know.

13 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Just because he can doesn’t mean he should! He’s wasted in the middle. 

We all know about Hutch’s fitness and disciplinary issues. I’d love Lee to be fit for every game between now and May but I wouldn’t put money on it happening. 

If we’re playing 4-3-3 then we’ve got 2 players for every position apart from CM and arguably LB. I agree that we probably won’t sign cover in either of those positions, but our squad does look a bit thin if Fox and/or more than one of Bannan, Lee and Luongo have to miss a few games

Reach will play there If absolutely necessary so if you count him we have 6 players who can play centre midfield. That's more than enough for a team who switches to 4-4-2 quite often aswell. Other positions are a priority.

34 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Reach will play there If absolutely necessary so if you count him we have 6 players who can play centre midfield. That's more than enough for a team who switches to 4-4-2 quite often aswell. Other positions are a priority.

Though three of them are far less effective in a 4-4-2. If we are insistent on playing 4-4-2 on a regular basis, then I think we need another box to box midfielder

54 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If we lose the EFL case we could well get placed under any embargo as well as a fine or pints deduction, if its an embargo it will apply to the next window which would be the summer so we will not be able to sign any players without the EFL approval. This is why I am pushing for good investment in this window instead we seem to be looking for loans and hoping its enough.

And if we win the case but keep spending we’ll be under an embargo anyway. We could well be if we don’t spend. 

Maybe there’s a reason we’re not being linked with the kind of players that cost the kind of money you’d like to see spent. It’s not hard to work it out.

32 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Though three of them are far less effective in a 4-4-2. If we are insistent on playing 4-4-2 on a regular basis, then I think we need another box to box midfielder

Both Lee and Luongo pretty much fall loosely in the box to box category. If we are signing midfielders to play 4-4-2 then we need to be shifting some out or we are stockpiling. 

Our biggest problem with 4-4-2 is that it doesn't really suit Bannan. Which is why Carlos would always shoehorn him on the left. And he has to play every game as he showed against Leeds.

24 minutes ago, Sonny said:

And if we win the case but keep spending we’ll be under an embargo anyway. We could well be if we don’t spend. 

Maybe there’s a reason we’re not being linked with the kind of players that cost the kind of money you’d like to see spent. It’s not hard to work it out.

Lets hope its not that we are going to lose the case hence no spending what so ever and it is because we will be rebuilding in the summer.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Both Lee and Luongo pretty much fall loosely in the box to box category. If we are signing midfielders to play 4-4-2 then we need to be shifting some out or we are stockpiling. 

Our biggest problem with 4-4-2 is that it doesn't really suit Bannan. Which is why Carlos would always shoehorn him on the left. And he has to play every game as he showed against Leeds.

The big question is do we play a formation that fits Bannan or do we look to move him on and bring in a player who can play 4-4-2. 

Before people start accusing me of wanting Bannan out I am not saying that - we are wasting him at the moment, the amount of games this season I have seen people saying he is too deep, he needs to be further forward.

There come a point were we will need to decide make the formation fit the players, or change the players to play the formation.

A difficult decision - one I am happy I am not making.

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Agree re Bannan, and you can add Hutchinson and Reach to that list of players who struggle in a two Certainly, I wouldn’t sacrifice the talents of one of our better players, just to squeeze in Winnall or Rhodes

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Agree re Bannan, and you can add Hutchinson and Reach to that list of players who struggle in a two Certainly, I wouldn’t sacrifice the talents of one of our better players, just to squeeze in Winnall or Rhodes

Virtually every single one of our midfield players play better in a three. Take Pelupessy in a two he dont look that great but in a three looks a half decent player.  If we can sign the ideal Abraham type player. Complete striker if you will to play the lone role upfront. We wont touch 4-4-2 again I dont think.

6 hours ago, poite said:

I get sick of highlight videos. They really don't prove anything about a player. They are complete nonsense and hold no ground whatsoever. So stop looking at them and grow up!

What's his FIFA 20 rating though?

I saw Jacob murphy on youtube  scoring against the champions man city at the Etihad it was like watching a Brazilian , but that's what he does 5-10 mins of brilliance then 4 months doing nothing . you need to go to a game and watch the player over a few games before making a decision to sign ,you cant see off the ball stuff on tv or through highlights , carlos used to watch youtube before agreeing to sign players that's what caused all our problems. 

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Indeed - players that would improve us but we don't have any money. With all the cash we have spent this season. On the free agents in the summer, the loan sighing of Murphy and Bates and the £800k we spent on Luongo. I though we got £5m + add on for Joao, another £4m or so for the compensation for Bruce moving to Newcastle, add to that the savings we have made from last season with Abdi, Hooper, Jones, Boyd, Matias and Pudil asnd others leaving the club and the small fees we will have got for Thorniley and Baker.

I just wanted up to bring in proven championship quality players to improve us, or a player in Maddison that, if he can be half as good, as he is in league 1 he will be better than anything we currently have.

Instead we will be looking for loan signing players to give game time to help develop them, so they can go back to their parent clubs better players and hopefully help us until the end of the season. 

The thing is in the championship if you don't look to constantly improve your squad you get left behind, as in the summer we have all of our striker bar Rhodes out of contract, Fessi, Hutch, Fox, Dawson, Pelupessy, Lee all out of contract it leaves us very thin on the ground with players. Yes we are offering new contracts to Dawson and Fox which is a good move.

You just don't get it do you?.

We are in the mess we are because we did just what you suggest, bring in players for the NOW not for the future.

This is the Wednesday way, or at least the fan's way.

20 years we have been in this division, 20 years, and in all that time we, the club, have not invested any money's we have made, in the FUTURE of the club.

It took the arrival of DC to invest in the academy and the Training ground, now this might upset you, but this is the way we have to go, we are not a 'Massive' club, we are a middling club, just like United, and have to be run accordingly.

33 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

You just don't get it do you?.

We are in the mess we are because we did just what you suggest, bring in players for the NOW not for the future.

This is the Wednesday way, or at least the fan's way.

20 years we have been in this division, 20 years, and in all that time we, the club, have not invested any money's we have made, in the FUTURE of the club.

It took the arrival of DC to invest in the academy and the Training ground, now this might upset you, but this is the way we have to go, we are not a 'Massive' club, we are a middling club, just like United, and have to be run accordingly.

Agree with most of those points.  We can't continue spending what we don't have indefinitely.. 

On the other point, you are miles out;

WE ARE MASSIVE lol

11 hours ago, Hitcat said:

PicsArt_12-20-07.16.45-1024x732.jpg

What's Big Ron's role in this?

11 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I really don't like the idea of a 20 year old looking to play for the U-23's.

It's what we did with Thorniley, signed him just before his 20th birthday

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

At this point I am thinking of looking in the conference for any players as it would appear we are going very very cheap instead of signing the players we need.

Wickham would have been a good replacement for Fletcher as long as he stays fit, Chong from Man Utd would have been good for the right wing and central midfield someone such as Maddison (can also play on the wing) or Jonathon Kodija both can play central and out wide but it doesn't look like we have any money to spend on anyone until we sell or loan out more players.

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

indeed that is true, but if you offer the going rate or two bags of crisps and a packet of peanuts you have more change of getting players.

But take the Wickham possible loan a quote from everyone favour Journo - we are trying to get him on the cheap which may mean we miss out and he goes elsewhere, offer the going rate he could already be training with the team at Middlewood for Saturdays game 

All you've done for the last 24 hours is say you want us running in a sustainable way and now you post this nonsense, make thi flippingmind up lad