Said last season that he had a sweet left foot and could whip a cross in with bend and pace.

Thought his defensive positioning at the times was poor and he would let the winger get beyond him to the byline and cut in.

Bruce quickly sorted this out and he has been very good since.

Confidence is now sky high and he is a very competent player at this level.

18 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Said last season that he had a sweet left foot and could whip a cross in with bend and pace.

Thought his defensive positioning at the times was poor and he would let the winger get beyond him to the byline and cut in.

Bruce quickly sorted this out and he has been very good since.

Confidence is now sky high and he is a very competent player at this level.

I think it’s somewhat disingenuous to the player to credit Bruce with his revival. The main person responsible his Fox himself

Anyone who saw the video of him at that pre-season Training camp will know about his desire and commitment.

I thought yesterday was the best I’ve ever seen him play. Good going forward, solid going backwards and calm and poised on the ball. 

Great performance, and against a tough customer too.

Nearly a 10/10

Edited by McRightSide
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Incredible turnaround in his level of performance from 12 months ago and the lad deserves credit for that.

Same goes for Dawson, who has quietly got on with establishing himself as our number 1.

Both are out of contract in the summer.  Both should be offered extensions IMO.

And ASAP too

His game has improved right across the board.

Not just looking extremely solid and reliable defensively, but calm on the ball with (what I suspect is comparatively) excellent passing accuracy in tight situations. He's more than useful in the final third too with his crossing.

His limited pace would always limit his usefulness as a wing-back, but as a full back, he's shaping up to be not only the best we have, but also better than many (if not most) in the division.

To those that would still say that you don't get promoted with full backs like Fox, they've either not seen him much this season, or they overrate the quality of what there actually is at teams that get the promoted.

48 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Incredible turnaround in his level of performance from 12 months ago and the lad deserves credit for that.

Same goes for Dawson, who has quietly got on with establishing himself as our number 1.

Both are out of contract in the summer.  Both should be offered extensions IMO.

Without a doubt . Fox is a good defender at this level and Dawson is our best keeper by a billion miles 

I’d love to dig out the post I made where I said that I didn’t get why he was number one scapegoat and that he reminded me of when Buxton first came to us. 

I didn’t know he’d come as good as he has, but I still stand by that he was never ever as bad as what was made out. He lacked a lot of confidence & was another victim of the era of Jos.

People still say that they think we need better at LB but I disagree. Fox is more than good enough, been one of our most consistent players this season. Great crossed of the ball and would run through brick walls for this club.

Needs a song.

2 hours ago, General_Grievous said:

Fast becoming an all time favourite of mine!! Love his attitude and desire!!!

“All time favourite” that’s a big call mate...vastly improved and LB isn’t a real concern of ours anymore. If he carries on as he his he may get international recognition.

fair play to him...he’s proved 30,000 people wrong.