10 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

“All time favourite” that’s a big call mate...vastly improved and LB isn’t a real concern of ours anymore. If he carries on as he his he may get international recognition.

fair play to him...he’s proved 30,000 people wrong. 

30,000?

2 hours ago, cowl said:

His game has improved right across the board.

Not just looking extremely solid and reliable defensively, but calm on the ball with (what I suspect is comparatively) excellent passing accuracy in tight situations. He's more than useful in the final third too with his crossing.

His limited pace would always limit his usefulness as a wing-back, but as a full back, he's shaping up to be not only the best we have, but also better than many (if not most) in the division.

To those that would still say that you don't get promoted with full backs like Fox, they've either not seen him much this season, or they overrate the quality of what there actually is at teams that get the promoted.

IF we can substantially improve the attack in the window, and we have with luck with injuries and not too many suspensions, we a good chance of winning the play off's, not just making them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Never understood the abuse, and said that well over a year ago now when he was getting pelters on here. We’ve had some shiiite at this club but Fox has never been that, it’s all been so confusing 

Absolutely.

He was NEVER a poor player.

A lot of people on here are are now talking about this unprecedented 'improvement' to justify their previous abuse towards him. 

Isn't it funny that when fans boo a player when his name is announced he plays within himself with a certain lack of confidence and when the booing eventually grudgingly stops, Hey Ho a fantastic player emerges.

I think it's not just the fans that's changed their opinions if him, it's also the players.

Last season bannan couldn't wait to get on his back, he was constantly having a go at fox for not passing to him and in return bannan just wouldn't pass to him, often switching to the other wing constantly even when fox was the better option.

Well done fox.

2 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

I’d love to dig out the post I made where I said that I didn’t get why he was number one scapegoat and that he reminded me of when Buxton first came to us. 

I didn’t know he’d come as good as he has, but I still stand by that he was never ever as bad as what was made out. He lacked a lot of confidence & was another victim of the era of Jos.

People still say that they think we need better at LB but I disagree. Fox is more than good enough, been one of our most consistent players this season. Great crossed of the ball and would run through brick walls for this club.

Needs a song.

He’s improved lots bit you’re totally right. He was never quite as bad as people made out.

More so with Dawson. People reckoning he’s had some big turnaround. He’s become a bit more commanding but is essentially playing at the same level he always was. The biggest change is people have just stopped being dïcks about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whatdial said:

Fox did his own preseason training before the rest of the lads were in out of his own pocket I think. Shows his desire and attitude is bang on. Deserves a new contract for me he’s been superb this season. 

In fairness, all players will have a summer programme to complete and have to come back with a certain level of fitness, body fat percentage etc.

A lot of personal trainers or coaches will run warm weather sessions out in Dubai or wherever and groups of players from different teams will join up. Remember seeing Jack Hunt post pictures about the work he was putting in during this pre season and Tom Lees was in the background.

Of course Fox does generally look fitter and stronger than he did previously and has put a hell of a lot of work in across the summer. Just making a point that others in the team and across the leagues will have done similar.

Has plums the size of medicine balls - comes in first off, gets abuse, improves and still gets abuse, puts his head down and becomes even better. Never moans, never points the finger, makes some eat humble pie - and then goes and celebrates like a fan yesterday probably with some who gave him grief. 

A proper pro - hope he gets a new contract because he's more than capable at this level, and a good role model to have in the team. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

He’s improved lots bit you’re totally right. He was never quite as bad as people made out.

More so with Dawson. People reckoning he’s had some big turnaround. He’s become a bit more commanding but is essentially playing at the same level he always was. The biggest change is people have just stopped being dïcks about it.

The Westwood fans are not as precious now.