Can't get excited anymore.

Guest The Horse

Guest The Horse

Does anyone else feel that going to Hillsborough is more of an obligation than something to look forward to these days?

Dull football that fails to energise the crowd.

No desire. No hunger.

It just feels like I'm hoping we score rather than getting excited by a team playing with determination to put the ball in the net.

I hate to say it but we play more and more like Monk's Birmingham did.

Slow, ponderous and easy to nullify.

Please, Wednesday... Give me a reason to make my voice hoarse through shouting and singing again.

4 minutes ago, The Horse said:

Does anyone else feel that going to Hillsborough is more of an obligation than something to look forward to these days?

Dull football that fails to energise the crowd.

No desire. No hunger.

It just feels like I'm hoping we score rather than getting excited by a team playing with determination to put the ball in the net.

I hate to say it but we play more and more like Monk's Birmingham did.

Slow, ponderous and easy to nullify.

Please, Wednesday... Give me a reason to make my voice hoarse through shouting and singing again.

Have to say the atmosphere has been very poor, it almost as though the crowd have just given up. Theres so much silence you can practically hear the players talking to eachother on the pitch. 

Turgid, percentages football I'm afraid.

Was always going to be the plan with the squad we have.

We don't have an ounce of imagination in the whole team apart from Bannan.

When is the last time a player did something unexpected and out of the ordinary? (Rhodes hat trick does not count).

Too easy to play against.

No urgency and not enough ideas once we get the ball. Slow and ponderous is correct.

• Thanks 1

Felt it for a few years tbh. Haven't been since new year's day last year and its really sad for me to feel the way I do. I just don't miss it. I never wish I was going. I prefer spending the day with the family and going to concerts every now and again. 

Im obviously not a 'real' fan these days. Love wednesday. Always have and always will but I don't seriusly think about or consider driving up to Hillsborough from Leicester these days.

Edited by poite
  • Like 1

My feelings on football in general at the moment. 

But wednesday wise, our dull, pedestrian performances coupled with lack of atmosphere from the crowd are making it more and more difficult for me to want to cough up £550 for next years season ticket let me assure you. 

VAR in the prem, timewasting, pathetic players feigning injury, stop start games and dire referees are all making me slowly fall out of love with football I'm afraid. 

And the blunts are doing well .. doesnt help. 

• Like 1

I'm genuinely surprised when we score.

I'm constantly un-surprised when we concede.

In fairness, we rarely get hammered... but rarely score freely. A lot of close games. More often than not we'll lose those close games if we dont draw them. We regularly realise that the opposition can play football far better than we can, actually stringing passes together. Most the time we realise that the level of competition isn't all that - and wonder why the hell we make such hard work of things.

Sometimes, just sometimes, we'll do really well - or rather, as well as you'd expect the players to do.  That's what keeps us going.

Been like that for years

14 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Slow, ponderous and easy to nulify that has been us for years you can't blame Monk for that.

Well, we weren’t like that under Bruce - and he had largely the same squad of players.

Since then we’ve added the likes of Borner, Harris, Luongo, Murphy etc.  None of those are world beaters but all have been decent additions to the squad.

Monk should be getting more out of this team IMO.

Guest Kameron

If the shithousery being reported on the radio is true you have to ask what have we become, turning off power to the dressing room is poor, I don’t want a manager at our club that is capable of such crappy tactics.

The turgid football that we have been served up in the last few seasons will not do DC any favors at all when it comes to convincing supporters like myself to spend hundreds of pounds on season tickets.Having just come into a cash windfall,i'm now extremely reluctant to purchasing a 1-3 year season ticket.:tango:

The atmosphere today was abhorrent. Genuinely poisonous. No singing, just 90s minutes of getting heckled about crying on wembley way today. The sanitisation process hits the next low for me. Absolutely the opposite reason why I fell in love with football, its absolutely silent.