Can't get excited anymore.

Guest The Horse

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

In the bogs in the North there’s a sign saying “Caution Hot Water”. It’s over a bowl with one tap - a cold one. Teasing barstewards. 

Most of the taps in the North Stand bogs hardly have water of any temperature running through them.

If we do get a points deduction that writes off this season I don’t see any reason to think realistically that the next 20 years will be any better than the last 20 years.

Of course we always live in hope - cue John Shuttleworth joke - but in the cold light of day with DC at the helm why would things improve? 

It didn’t stop me going in the 70s when I was young and carefree. It hasn’t stopped me recently when I have a reasonable amount of free cash. But as that gets tighter something may have to give and going to Hillsborough atm is akin to being waterboarded. 

17 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

If we do get a points deduction that writes off this season I don’t see any reason to think realistically that the next 20 years will be any better than the last 20 years.

Of course we always live in hope - cue John Shuttleworth joke - but in the cold light of day with DC at the helm why would things improve? 

It didn’t stop me going in the 70s when I was young and carefree. It hasn’t stopped me recently when I have a reasonable amount of free cash. But as that gets tighter something may have to give and going to Hillsborough atm is akin to being waterboarded. 

The last sentence could also have said …………..something may have to go and giving to Hillsborough atm is akin to being waterboarded

17 minutes ago, Chriss said:

I'd suggested going to the Cardiff game with me dad, I genuinely felt the need to apologise after 8 minutes for bringing him there.

I hate Hillsborough but love it at the same time. flipping football 

Thing is, when it was cheap to watch us and we were crap, you could laugh it off.

Not so now.

:mad:

I think the apathy can be partly attributedto a change in mindset in the general public over the last 30 years. 

People today are much more likely to invest their time, money and effort in to things they gain from. Community is dead. 

The whole commercial team and manager and club need to think about the match day experience - someone said a while ago - it’s so predictable and repetitive and it needs shaking up. 
Surely the club can try and mix things up somehow - anything to make it feel different 

3 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

The whole commercial team and manager and club need to think about the match day experience - someone said a while ago - it’s so predictable and repetitive and it needs shaking up. 
Surely the club can try and mix things up somehow - anything to make it feel different 

Genuinely think even a few marquees where you can grab a pint etc would improve things. Hell just even cover the new bar on the kop carpark.

Have a kids zone too in the club shop carpark to meet Ozzie and a penalty shoot out competition etc

You get there around half two and sit bored, not spending a penny as they're nowt to spend it on.

9 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

It was my 44th Birthday yesterday, I have not missed an home league game since I was 4 years old, that's 40 years service, I don't want a medal, Nor praise, what I want is entertaining.

I've moved past expecting results, trophies and glory. I expect us to be crap, I expect defeats, I expect my weekends ruined.

The worrying thing is, it no longer ruins my weekends, I am numb to it, it may be age, it may be the continual disappointments, but I literally feel nothing anymore.

Watching our defenders risking everything to pass the ball back to the keeper, watching a giant beast of a forward lose header after header against one of the Seven Dwarves, it all washes over me.

I don't check the fixture list anymore, I am relieved when we play away, and judging by the atmosphere and apathy in the crowd, I am not on my own.

Please for the love of God, freshen up the squad, if it means selling a few, sell em, let's get some fresh legs in the squad, a bit of pace, athleticism, sod it maybe even a few footballers, because whatever we doing at the moment, it is not entertaining, it is not successful and it barely resembles football.

100% agree.

Just now, Bronco Blue said:

Last summer I listened to a Blunts fan saying how good they were and how bad we were. In fact he said we would never be any good. I laughed that off, confidently expecting them to be the new Huddersfield. Okay, so far I am wrong, but he may (perish the thought) be correct.

We seem to keep finding fresh ways to shoot ourselves in the foot. We mismanage situations, make strange appointments and certainly threw money at the wrong areas post-Wembley, leaving us with a huge debt and little idea how to extract ourselves from the mire. As a result we seem to have a legacy of being mediocre in a world of slightly better than mediocre teams.

A big points deduction would send us into a tailspin I fear we would struggle to get out of. Every so often football finds teams who cannot stop falling through trapdoors. I hope we aren’t the next one.

The owner said he didn't have a clue about football when he came in.. which makes him a step up from McSue.. but he had his lads.

1 hour ago, Bronco Blue said:

Last summer I listened to a Blunts fan saying how good they were and how bad we were. In fact he said we would never be any good. I laughed that off, confidently expecting them to be the new Huddersfield. Okay, so far I am wrong, but he may (perish the thought) be correct.

We seem to keep finding fresh ways to shoot ourselves in the foot. We mismanage situations, make strange appointments and certainly threw money at the wrong areas post-Wembley, leaving us with a huge debt and little idea how to extract ourselves from the mire. As a result we seem to have a legacy of being mediocre in a world of slightly better than mediocre teams.

A big points deduction would send us into a tailspin I fear we would struggle to get out of. Every so often football finds teams who cannot stop falling through trapdoors. I hope we aren’t the next one.

Good post, we now seem to be throwing everything we can (albeit with increasingly limited options) at promotion to the Prem being the only way out of our current predicament, should these attempts fail the future looks very bleak indeed.