Thorniley joins Blackpool

I like Thornily, think he's done himself proud whenever he's played, but very difficult for him to get a game with the current CB's we have. 

The club obviously think its right to sell and have respect for Thornily wanting to go and play games. 

Wish him the very best, hope he goes on to establish himself and get some game time. 

Great signing for Blackpool, never let us down 

Wonder if the reason we haven’t seen him much and why e has been let go something to do with the pre season? If I remember correctly didn’t he fly back early for some reason?

• Like 1

Favourite memory was when they filmed him on Instagram wearing that cardboard box. Made me chuckle and he seemed like a great lad.

I also liked his football skills too. He was a real help during tough times last season.

Good luck

Guest LondonOwl313

Good move all round.. probably not got the potential to play at the level we want to get to (mid table premier league) and way down the pecking order in the here and now. Not that young anymore at 23 and he needs to be somewhere he can play games for his own good.

Good to see us getting a fee rather than releasing players on a free

28 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Great player in difficult times.  Never let us down.  Stood tall while other, older, more experienced players hid.

Great performance at The Lane and his emission from the team afterwards was the final straw for me re. Jos.

Good luck Jordan.

Was he the phantom trumper ?

• Like 1

For those complaining about letting him go, has it not dawned upon them that Jordan himself may have wanted to go?

He is 23? And is fourth choice, with little indication he'd be given a chance in the near future.

A decent player, but one who was needing first team football. Blackpool seems like a sensible move imo. 

Best of luck to him. From what I saw, he will do well.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1