Thorniley joins Blackpool

2 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Certainly his positioning and his understanding/application of the offside trap was better than iorfas... Just to clarify as its you im answering... Thats not the same as saying he is better than iorfa..

He also seemed far cooler than both iorfa and Lees often do in certain instances.  I don't think he showed that he was capable of bringing/carrying the ball out confidently but the side that he played in wasnt exactly going to do much of this and maybe id be a bit more confident of say lees when it comes to an aerial assault (corners. Etc) however from what i saw of him he would have been on the verge of being first choice within a year if played alongside a steadying/calming influence for a few games. 

So,he's no better or worse than Iorfa,but you could see him being on the verge of the first team within  a year,but he's already better than many...........come on fella.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

So,he's no better or worse than Iorfa,but you could see him being on the verge of the first team within  a year,but he's already better than many...........come on fella.

Come on what??? You even changed that statement.  Atleast read what ive written if you are going to challenge it.  The English language comprises many words which all make a difference.  Accusing me of not making distinctions is fine but if its you how hasn't read those distinctions (which are clearly there in black & white) then i would point you back to my original post and ask you to read it again rather than changing my words. 

4 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Come on what??? You even changed that statement.  Atleast read what ive written if you are going to challenge it.  The English language comprises many words which all make a difference.  Accusing me of not making distinctions is fine but if its you how hasn't read those distinctions (which are clearly there in black & white) then i would point you back to my original post and ask you to read it again rather than changing my words. 

We could back and forth all day fella,on who said what and how it was meant to be understood/interpreted,you've massively overrated a fringe player,its cool,he's gone,we'll never know how good he was/could be/gunna be.I'M about to set off so enjoy the match today if you're attending,enjoy the rest of your day anyway UTO.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010
  • Like 1

Always felt confident he’d put a performance in on the few occasions we called upon him in a crisis. One of the brightest lights in the Dark Age under Jos. A tough cookie and a smiler, other players always seemed to like him. Very best of luck to him, hope he goes on to have a very solid career.

Although I'm slightly disappointed by him leaving and certainly thought a loan deal would suffice, I get why he's leaving. 5th/6th choice centre back by looks of it and at his age the lad needs games

Doubt we'll get a big fee for him so Blackpool potentially have made a very astute purchase here ...

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

We could back and forth all day fella,on who said what and how it was meant to be understood/interpreted,you've massively overrated a fringe player,its cool,he's gone,we'll never know how good he was/could be/gunna be.enjoy the match today if you're attending,enjoy the rest of your day anyway UTO.

I don't mind you having an opposing opinion but if you are going to challenge mine, atleast qualify it (even if its vague such as 'i disagree') without changing my initial statement.  Anyway now you have made me be a pendantic bumhole, 

:tango:. Happy new year

3 hours ago, A12owl said:

Hopefully Iorfa will be staying.

Good luck to him.

Any quotes on how much we got?

Three sticks of Blackpool rock and a bucket of sand?

I reckon they gave us about 100 bags of sand in exchange for an upgrade on their drove of donkeys. 

He’s gone permanent to Blackpool who are 10th in league one - that says quite a lot for anyone who’s decided he should have been playing for us.

Top signing for Blackpool. Needs to be playing regularly at his age and we can’t offer him that. Don’t have a bad word to say about his performances for us, nowt special but never put a foot wrong... just not good enough to dislodge Iorfa, Börner or Lees. Wish him all the very best

It doesn’t matter how many centre backs we have, or will end up, Thorniley hasn’t looked like a top Championship centre half.

Hopefully he’ll get the game time he needs in League One and develop into a player that might come back to the Championship in a few years.

People forget he’s 23, not a young pup. At the same age Tom Lees has started over 100 Championship matches.

• Like 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Swap deal for Jordan Thompson would have been good. Lad has a lot of potential from what I’ve seen.

I liked Thorniley when he played for us and always thought he put a shift in.

He's nowhere near the standard of Lees, Börner or Iorfa (barring his last two horror-shows), though.

At 23, he probably needs to take a step down in order to get some games under his belt and hopefully progress his career. In time, I'm sure he'll return to Championship-level football.

Best of luck to him.