Thorniley joins Blackpool

Better than our Captain

When you consider who we haven't sold when the opportunity presented itself it defies logic.

An injury to two of our three centre halves, two of whom are injury prone and we are then reliant on an injury/suspension prone midfielder

Good luck Jordan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I get what people are saying about wishing he stayed and he's good back up etc but let's be honest the lad has barely kicked a ball this season.

If we continue to play 4 at the back then there are at least 4 Central defenders ahead of him. 

We need to let players go if they are nowhere near the team and he probably wanted the move.

No brainer.

Very good signing for Blackpool...he will do well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trev said:

I get what people are saying about wishing he stayed and he's good back up etc but let's be honest the lad has barely kicked a ball this season.

If we continue to play 4 at the back then there are at least 4 Central defenders ahead of him. 

We need to let players go if they are nowhere near the team and he probably wanted the move.

No brainer.

Very good signing for Blackpool...he will do well.

Should have left on loan, not permanently.

At 23 he hasn’t broke into the first team on a regular basis. He’s well down the pecking order. 

Some of us have this fear of letting a player go in case he succeeds somewhere else. Jordan wasn’t good enough. 

I suspect there will be a sell on clause which is fairly standard these days and we’ll no doubt pick up another CB either this window or the summer window. 

Strange one as he's never let us down when he's played, but we can't have it all ways. The worry is Iorfa leaves (possibly) one injury and we're scratching about for cover. Can fully understand the lad for wanting to play though. All the best lad.

Lad needed to play. Didn’t think it would be permanently he left. Think his height goes against him when playing centre back, suits the left side of a 3 for me. Really wish him well though, Blackpool have got a great signing here for L1. 

I’m disappointed with this, I’m convinced Thorniley has what it takes to be a very good player at this level. Suffered from having too many players ahead of him in the pecking order (why on earth did we sign Bates ffs) but I suspect he’ll be back in this division sooner rather than later.

All the best Jordan.