Owls want Lyle Taylor

Sheffield Wednesday are eyeing up a move for Charlton striker Lyle Taylor in the January transfer window. 

The 29-year-old comes to the end of his contract in the summer and clubs can either get him on a cut-price deal next month or wait and sign him on a pre-contract.

Taylor joined Charlton on a free transfer from Wimbledon in June 2018 after having played for Scunthorpe United, Sheffield United and Falkirk.

He ended up as top scorer in League One last season, scoring 25 goals to lead Charlton to promotion to the Championship with a play-off final win against Sunderland in June.

• Like 1

Turns 30 before the end of the season.

Never played at Championship level before this season. 

3 good scoring seasons in his pro career, which were in L1, L2 and the Scottish second tier.

Always comes across as a bit of a bell end when I've seen him on TV.

It's a no from me. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Turns 30 before the end of the season.

Never played at Championship level before this season. 

3 good scoring seasons in his pro career, which were in L1, L2 and the Scottish second tier.

Always comes across as a bit of a bell end when I've seen him on TV.

It's a no from me. 

I have no idea but I'm happy to buy in to that analysis. No from me toolol

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 2

I like the idea we are now looking to spend money more wisely. Out of contract so would hardly command a huge fee, doubt his wages but would be excessive either. Only concerns is he’s 29, been injured most of the season and hasn’t really proven himself at this level. But if Monk and the recruitment team deem him good enough that’s fine with me, that front line has needed freshening up now for too long. 

Second striker next to fletcher, don’t think we’ll do any better. Everyone banging on about his age, look at fletcher and Vardy.

We seem to be thinking early 30s is the equivalent of being a pensioner with false teeth and a walker 

Edited by FreshOwl