EFL Statement

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Can't believe people on here aren't rallying against the EFL... but supporting them WTF:

Phook the EFL, Up The Owls

Funny that; I can't believe those choosing to ignore or deny the mounting evidence that we are being operated in a naive, shambolic, irresponsible, short-term fashion in the blind hope that everything will be OK in the end. 

47 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

DJMortimer, another one jumping on the condemned wagon !!!  Until we are proven otherwise let’s keep an open mind and support the team.  UTO 

Wow. Singled out by the site police for posts unacceptable to Chancellor Sutler? With such a principled and conscientious outlook as that, can I suggest you get yourself down to Hillsborough at the earliest opportunity and volunteer yourself to oversee our financial and legal dealings?

Whilst somewhat acknowledging the validity of your contribution, even if we end up not facing a catastrophic penalty that could potentially damage us for years to come (a quite realistic possibility it seems to me), I hardly think such a sanctimonious attitude is appropriate. The chairman, and whoever has been advising him, have gambled the house and now we are stuck waiting for the turn of the cards.

Should we get away with it; what then? There's no long-term vision and the one emergency parachute has already been deployed.

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, OwlLuke said:

My only hope is that Wednesday have a good team of lawyers who wouldn't have allowed this unless it was done by the book.

Based on what I've read however, this looks dodgy as hell and if we do get a points deduction, embargo or worse, Chansiri has to go.

It doesn't look likely though does it - every time DC has surrounded himself with seemingly sensible advisers, he's rejected their advice and done it his way.

Tend to agree with your second point.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tarn owl said:

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/november/club-statement/

Sheffield Wednesday note the statement issued today by the EFL and the charges contained within.

These charges will be vigorously defended and the Club will be making no further comment at this time.

Short but Scary

A85B20CF-6148-4531-A5EE-D22D778B9699-592-00000040C6BB2831.GIF

Hope they turn up for this meeting. 

18 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Will companies house have an interest is this now? 

or do they not get involved?

Companies House don't check the technical merits of accounts but the Financial Reporting Council can. 

Equally if the EFL do win the argument then I suspect this being in the public domain will come to the attention of the regulators. Audit being a regulated activity. 

Why this will get heavily legal imo. If you are questioning the professional integrity of various people here, I can assure you they won't roll over. There can be no lower burden of proof here, the accounting standards are the judge here. 

Problem is there is a lot of room for judgement in accounts. The old joke is give 2 accountants the same data you will get 2 different sets of accounts

1 minute ago, OwlLuke said:

Doesn't mean his position is still tenable. If most want him gone, sooner or later he'll go.

Even if most people want him to go, which isn't the case at Ihe moment, it's still up to him. Even If he wants to sell, somebody has to want to buy at the price he wants.

I think you're confusing changing managers with a change of ownership. 

4 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Just think he’s generally fed up with the hassle he’s got/getting from various quarters not least the EFL who arguably haven’t been consistent in how they govern clubs under their jurisdiction?

His appearance and demeanour at the press conference to unveil Monk was of a man who wanted to be somewhere else TBH?

Have to say everything that’s been done since he came has been shambolic. Utter shambles of a club. Ticket prices, club shop prices, membership prices,boxes,POTG destroyed, just everything he’s touched. He’s supposed to be a big business man. Unbelievable. If he wants out, it’s because he’s out of his depth and he’s pi55ed all his money up the tree. Thought it was last the land of milk and honey when he arrived. We signed Forestieri. Doesn’t get much better than that if your an Owl. Now we don’t even own our own ground. 

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Companies House don't check the technical merits of accounts but the Financial Reporting Council can. 

Equally if the EFL do win the argument then I suspect this being in the public domain will come to the attention of the regulators. Audit being a regulated activity. 

Why this will get heavily legal imo. If you are questioning the professional integrity of various people here, I can assure you they won't roll over. There can be no lower burden of proof here, the accounting standards are the judge here. 

Problem is there is a lot of room for judgement in accounts. The old joke is give 2 accountants the same data you will get 2 different sets of accounts

100% this. 

Not just a question of saying Swfc fudged accounts. They were audited and signed off as showing a true and fair view.  Will get very legal and drawn out. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Nice to see some proper info mk. Ditto 2 lawyers btw.

Is the real danger that as in the FF case, EFL rules mean they can basically decide to believe what they want. The law or even accounting regulations have nothing to do with this. We are part of a private association with it's own set of rules by which we have to abide.

20 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I don't want him hung mate

I hope he's in it for the long haul not the long drop

But I'm not naive enough to think he hasn't got stuff wrong.

All this crap about folk complaining not being Wednesday fans not ever being anywhere near Hillsborough is utter crap

Some fans can't see what's in front of their faces 

I'm there every bloody week

But don't p#ss down me back and tell me it's raining

Blind loyalty is fine .but I.prefer to see the crap coming 

Usually have quite a bit of time for your posts mate but don’t wee wee down my back either!

This site has turned into a parody of itself and if you can’t see that you’ve been brainwashed......  It has utter contempt and that’s exactly what it deserves!

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Carilion, Patisserie Valerie, Thomas Cook - they appear to do what's necessary to keep the client happy.

15 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Sold for double what we paid for them, at worst.

Other option is they're under contract so they stay.

FFP is different in league 1, it basically doesnt matter. Blackburn lost 25m in their season down there.

Sounds mint. Selling the nucleus of a good side and assuming we will walk the league. 

There are no positives from going down to league one in my view.