EFL Statement

2 hours ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

They can, they can actually strip us of our EFL membership over this according to that specific section of rules we're being charged with.

bloody hell it gets worse I thought I had it doom n gloom with around 20 points hit. chuck us out of efl? cant they chuck bad owners out? and leave us suffering supporters alone? 

2 minutes ago, nilsson said:

I think most do. Leeds as an example have sold Chris Wood, Ronaldo Viera, Pontus Jansson and Kemar Roofe in the last 3 years to ensure they comply with FFP.

And at least Derby got their ground sale in the right financial year. We couldn’t even do that.

Name any other clubs that have just ignored FFP?

You defend him over everything whether it’s ticket prices or his failed transfer strategy and overspending

I’ll give a balanced response to the absolute no marks on here who wouldn’t know where Hillsborough was if it called for them in a taxi and knocked on their door!

This site is a complete embarrassment and is held in so much contempt by actual Wednesdayite’s!

5 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

So there hasn’t been complete radio silence then?

meaningful communication with supporters is what I’m on about.

Not saying we disagree and that’s it.

what is the clubs plan Etc?

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

I’ll give a balanced response to the absolute no marks on here who wouldn’t know where Hillsborough was if it called for them in a taxi and knocked on their door!

This site is a complete embarrassment and is held in so much contempt by actual Wednesdayite’s!

No need to be so harsh on yourself. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Reyt post fella, couldn’t agree more 

22 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

I think any advice Chansiri has taken in regards to running this club hasn't exactly being positive has it? 

He has to get someone in to help.

Surely now enough is enough. He just isn't suited to running a club.

If he doesn't, at what point does he become not a fit and proper person to run a club ?

20 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

I think any advice Chansiri has taken in regards to running this club hasn't exactly being positive has it? 

Not by Doyen or Paxo I agree. Believe those parasites took advantage of DCs naivety. You can question DCs judgement in the same way you can blame your nan for being hoodwinked out of her savings by the confidence fraudster. 

I believe DC has learned from past mistakes and is trying his utmost to turn the club around. That’s why I’m prepared to give him the benefit until and if the walls come tumbling down. 

2 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

You should be having fun where you are, not worrying about the poo goings on in S6. Get to bar!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

This site is a complete embarrassment 

A fake taxi or a real one  ?

• Haha 8

30 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

The key date under FRS102 is the date the "risks and reward of ownership" changes from seller to buyer.

This isn't necessarily the date monies change hands.

All down to the terms of the contract/agreement for sale which would assume was signed pre 31.7.2018.

Swfc obviously convinced auditors the terms had transferred risk and rewards on that date, EFL arguing otherwise.

It's a bit like tax rules for buying property off plan, when you pay deposit/echage contracts is the date you are deemed to have bought it for CGT purposes even if it's not built for two years and you don't complete until well after the deposit paid and contracts exchanged.

Fully agreed, the latter has caught out a few in recent tax cases

It's boring technical accounting shizzle that you clearly get involved in like my good self, but perhaps what folk do not realise is this is key. 

If you can show the accounts have been prepared in accordance with the relevant accounting standard then that is almost the game. 

As I say could get very interesting if professional integrity is being challenged

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

If he doesn't, at what point does he become not a fit and proper person to run a club ?

I think, as usual, he feels victimised. Just like he does when the fans don't have the same opinion as him. He gets emotional and erratic. He won't seek any advice outside of his small entourage. Obviously they seem to make mistakes each time before they then learn... sometimes too late. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

What like a Steve Dale or Ken Anderson unfit type ?  EFL will turn a blind eye and watch another club go to wall with glee I’d imagine 

43 minutes ago, blueandwhitematt said:

Pretty obvious they’re looking for to try and make an example of someone - they need a big enough name to make an impact, and it looks like we’ve potentially given them just enough rope to have a bit of a go. 

Will end up in court, and I don’t think there will be a shortage of lawyers lining up for a run at the whole FFP system.  It will end up going places the EFL don’t want it to, strap in. 

I'm not so sure this is a battle Chansiri will want tbh! He would rather walk away!

Whilst our chairmen has always had good intentions for the club his actions have been nothing less than naive and ameuterish. He should have known by breaking FFP there would be consequences. 

He tried to fix it by selling the ground and backdating the sale. I fear we will get a severe points deduction. 

Stubborness and refusing to sell players means the situation is ongoing as I can see further significant losses in this years accounts.