EFL Statement

Just now, dorian gray said:

well you can either sell the ground to cover expenditure, or you can't.

I think the financial year in which the ground was sold is the issue here. It appears we got it wrong and Derby didn’t. 

Crap rule, but if you are going to exploit the loophole at least do it right ffs.

lol

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Agree totally.

Katrien going also smacked of someone realising we were a lost cause if we carried on running the club in the same way.

I made a big deal of this at the time and asked how we could possibly work without a CEO but no-one seemed to give a flying f***.

We can moan and groan about the EFL all we want (and yeah, they are a shambles) but come on guys FFS...………...fake sponsors, begging for fans to stump up years in advance, paying mega bucks to the likes of Abdi, Jones, Rhodes, Emmanuelson, Sogou, McGugan, Turner, McManaman, Buckley, Lachmann etc etc whilst they barely kick a ball , top dollar ticket prices, a refusal to sell anyone (even when they must have known what was coming), delayed accounts, departing CEO, apathy about appointing Bruces successor, Chansiris body language at Monks unveiling, no forums or steering group meetings for a year, ground sale……………...this has been coming for a while and comes as no surprise to me and when I asked for some openness and clarification on here at the start of the season I was derided.

Its just all so typical Wednesday, we wait years for a rich benefactor , yet when we get one it all goes pear shaped.

Edited by sheriwozgod

5 hours ago, David Somni Jennings said:

If the EFL aren't allowing the backdating of the sale, does that mean it goes into the finances submitted this year instead? and puts us in a better position going forward? (outside of points deducted)

This is what I'm thinking. The sale would just get bumped in 18/19 and we'll take the punishment for 17/18 that's due.

4 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I made a big deal of this at the time and asked how we could possibly work without a CEO but no-one seemed to give a flying f***.

We can moan and groan about the EFL all we want (and yeah, they are a shambles) but come on guys FFS...………...fake sponsors, begging for fans to stump up years in advance, paying mega bucks to the likes of Abdi, Jones, Rhodes, Emmanuelson, Sogou, McGugan, Turner, McManaman, Buckley, Lachmann etc etc whilst they barely kick a ball , top dollar ticket prices, a refusal to sell anyone (even when they must have known what was coming), delayed accounts, departing CEO, apathy about appointing Bruces successor, Chansiris body language at Monks unveiling, no forums or steering group meetings for a year, ground sale……………...this has been coming for a while and comes as no surprise to me and when I asked for some openness and clarification on here at the start of the season I was derided.

Its just all so typical Wednesday, we wait years for a rich benefactor , yet when we get one it all goes pear shaped.

Meire was CEO but she never really acted like one or so it seemed. I mean I’m not completely sure what she was doing behind the scenes, but snippets from the club and the media suggested that DC was still very much at the heart of everything.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

13 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Hopefully DC will have have us up for sale sooner rather than later and someone who has a couple of quid and knows what they are doing will come forward.

Hypothetically, should Chansiri sell up and do one, would there be a case to answer to for any new owner as the chargers would be directly linked to the previous owner.

Just a thought, for the record I'm now business, financial wizkid.

Can't see there being much interest in buying a club with an impending points deduction & reduced income from gate receipts due to segregation measures imposed by the local authority/SAG.

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Meire was CEO but she never really acted like one or so it seemed. I mean I’m not completely sure what she was doing behind the scenes, but snippets from the club and the media suggested that DC was still very much at the heart of everything.

Thats why she left. Wasnt allowed to  have a voice i suspect

I'm glad that their are no owlstalk on the EFL jury, would have hung drawn and quartered before the evidence was heard.

Maybe we should wait and see. Sure we will have some decent lawyers and not like EFL have made mistakes before.

I don't doubt EFL are itching to make an example out of someone but they do have form for cocking things up ie QPR.

Maybe just tie up the case for months and get promoted so out of EFL clutches.

On another point, EFL need to be careful as can see this making clubs like us think PL2 is a great idea. EFL are making the FA look professional!

I've been saying for 2 years...but not with any dark prophesy...how can you sustain a club without buying and selling players and at least trying to be clever in the market.

Also with the added bonus of refreshing the squad.

Sure we've sold at the most two players

Bruce couldn't wait to cut the squad down.  He could see that we had a frankenstein squad.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

So much irony in your post mate. I met McCabe recently- I’ll be slated for this,...couldn’t have been more impressed with the man, as a bloke and a football man. Your comment about our chairman makes me cringe, because you’re right. 

I’ve been supporting us long enough to know that getting the sh!tty end of the stick is our default position . Not many clubs could be run by one of the worlds wealthier individuals and end up without a pot to crap in.

I’d rather have a 10 year wait for the promised land in the hope that Chansiri moves on. 

UTO

So, you have met McCabe and you couldn't have been more impressed with him, as a bloke and a football man.

The same bloke that took the ground from the club he is supposed to support, because he lost a schitt load of money from his own company.

Then foooooked up so bad, that he has had to sell all the lot for £5 million, while they are now getting prem money :biggrin:.

But you cannot wait, until the man that you haven't met, and that has thrown his own money into our club to the tune of £60 million or more, fooks off :wacko:.

He has made mistakes, a lot of mistakes.

But to put that is just laughable.

• Thanks 2

Been working so only found out news a bit ago. Can't say I'm surprised. Been expecting it but just sort of shoved it under the carpet and hoped it would go away. 

Over the past few years I've seen so many fans of other clubs on social media saying we were spending like it was going out of fashion and Chansiri was setting up dodgy companies and that it would come back to bite. Meanwhile a lot of our fans were blasé and responded with comments such as 'We're Wednesday and we do what we want.' Turns out we can't. 

We currently pay amongst the top prices to watch football in the Championship at Hillsborough. Not only that but other clubs are now reciprocating by charging us the earth to go away as well. Some of our fans actually try to defend our prices. How? They are disgusting. Yes I pay them but that's because I love my club and no other reason. What justification did Chansiri give for charging those prices? Remember the questionnaire? 

Meanwhile I remember Chansiri and Joe whatever his name was saying it was going to get harder to stay within FFP if we didn't go up. So what did we do? Bought Jordan Rhodes for £8 million. They knew... and still kept on spending. 

I love this club and will support them no matter what but we have been appallingly run. This season has now gone from being something promising to looking like a waste. We could easily get sucked into a relegation scrap with a huge deduction. I wonder what the players will make of this, scrapping for play off places knowing we're likely to have points taken off. 

I love Wednesday but I'm absolutely livid. 

• Thanks 1